• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Five Ghosts SS CGC 9.8 went for $239.

That was a steal if it was the eccc

+1

BTW: WTH is up with all the PGX slabs....both selling and buying!? Does someone need an edumacation?

For the issues that hit E-Bay first, yes. But, if more than a dozen of these show up, the prices and activity will drop, just like they did for the Star Wars #1 a few months ago.

The initial sellers are the ones who make the most on books like this.

Well that is true for most variants. I was suggesting that the person, or persons, who bought that book for that price have no intention of reselling it, they are star wars fanatics who would have no problem dropping that amount on the book.

So why hasn't Batman & Robin #19 sold out yet? It doesn't seem like there is a limit on Midtown.

It doesn't even ship for

one

two

three

four

five

six more days.

And DC has done a massive overprint, that signals to me there is something up with this book. It has Justice League 12 or Batman Incorporated 8 potential at best.

If flipping for a few bucks a unit ain't your style, avoid this one.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/--comicmarket-report--04-05-13-----What-s-selling-in-Lowell--MA.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=kvAlN258hMw

Edited by LarrysComics

So why hasn't Batman & Robin #19 sold out yet? It doesn't seem like there is a limit on Midtown.

It doesn't even ship for

one

two

three

four

five

six more days.

And DC has done a massive overprint, that signals to me there is something up with this book. It has Justice League 12 or Batman Incorporated 8 potential at best.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/--comicmarket-report--04-05-13-----What-s-selling-in-Lowell--MA.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=kvAlN258hMw

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/is_this_the_new_robin_FVOg92HhNqmHabt71nDrBP

It doesn't even ship for

one

two

three

four

five

six more days.

Larry, when is the next Revival Phantom Variants to be released?

It doesn't even ship for

one

two

three

four

five

six more days.

Larry, when is the next Revival Phantom Variants to be released?

The "Granny Funbags" cover ships 04-17

1365187314865.jpg

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

:applause:

Googled this guy. TOTALLY not what I pictured Larry looking like.

Is this the same Larry who made those racist comments a few years ago?

larry.jpg

:whistle:

Hahaha, ya, exactly what happened when I googled the guy.

Uber #1 is listing at $15-$20 BIN already with not a one for less than $9.99 start price auction. I bought one each of the Propaganda covers, and one of the wraps-the last two on the shelf. I passed on The Last of Us due to funds.

In a case like this, which comic would be the more valuable one, since the #0 isn't an "after the fact" issue:

The #0???

or The #1???

I'm about to list a full run of The Activity.

99 cent auction or $250 BIN with best offer?

I don't think you will get anywhere close to that amount.

Isnt that why he said best offer? lol

You probably aren't going to get to many offers if your BIN is totally unrealistic. Perhaps it is just me but I don't approach a BIN listing with the idea that I can buy the item for a 1/5 of the listed price. I think it works better if you have it listed at a not totally unrealistic price and then allow for best offers to indicate you allow for some wiggle room on the price.

Agreed. If I saw $250, I'd feel that you'd be looking to get ~$220

It doesn't even ship for

one

two

three

four

five

six more days.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/is_this_the_new_robin_FVOg92HhNqmHabt71nDrBP

Backordered on Diamond even though they printed 18,000 extra. Is this normal?

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

:applause:

Googled this guy. TOTALLY not what I pictured Larry looking like.

Is this the same Larry who made those racist comments a few years ago?

larry.jpg

:whistle:

Hahaha, ya, exactly what happened when I googled the guy.

I agree.

Yes, I am handsome as the day is long...

Five Ghosts SS CGC 9.8 went for $239.

That was a steal if it was the eccc

+1

BTW: WTH is up with all the PGX slabs....both selling and buying!? Does someone need an edumacation?

I do. Not familiar with the difference (I know they are different companies obviously). I assume CGC is better, and would probably only buy CGC, but what is the low-down on PGX???