• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

HEY ANDY / BEIGE / AUSTRALIAN GUY

when you sold your Crossed #0 CGC 9.8 you put "movie soon" in the heading.

Was that based on the 2010 news when the series was first launched or was new information released that I can't find?

Jimmy Linguini

google.com or google.ca

crossed avatar movie

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/13/garth-ennis-and-avatar-to-make-their-own-crossed-movies/ first link

a PM also works, but i guess that's the eBay thread now

Was that based on the 2010 news when the series was first launched or was new information released that I can't find?

Jimmy Linguini

google.com or google.ca

crossed avatar movie

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/13/garth-ennis-and-avatar-to-make-their-own-crossed-movies/ first link

a PM also works, but i guess that's the eBay thread now

HEY JIMMY/ALEX/CANADIAN FELLA - looks like a movie to me (shrug)

They've got a real camera and everything - like the idea to keep it "R" rated - except for the 'unrated' DVD - wth is going to be in that??

Good deal for me, buyer is delighted and has been a Crossed reader since issue, err #0 !

Sold a few to regulars now, and a couple have it on their want lists.

Going well.

Nice to know every Canadian boardie seems to be complelled to keep an eye on my listings. (shrug)

Edited by Beige

I think I see some Sabretooth in there and maybe Doom 2099 (shrug)

And yes, Combos are delicious.

Nice catch on the Sabretooth!!!

I guess he can flex like him then.

Jimmy Linguini

Ya, 'cause THAT'S a possibility....... :eyeroll:

but "webisodes" arn't a "movie soon" right? (shrug)

I really think a Crossed movie would be cool, I just don't think its humanly possible!

Ya. Even something like American Psycho, they would NEVER be able to film the book as-is.

How is this possible? Is it just me, or does it seem like Lawrence must have the biggest niche customers, or that his customers have a drastically different preference in comics than the rest of the country???

I know it's not going to match up 1-10 exactly, but you'd figure at least half of his top sales would be in the top 20 (there's only 1!! issue in the top 20 actually!!)

Weird....... :insane:

#1 - Age of Ultron #8. "Alpha Dog" Marvel's latest crossover is a big hit with fans. (it is Age of Apocalypse-sque)

2nd place ranking, 175,000 copies.color]

#2 - Nova #4. "Old School Marvel" flavor is appealing.

40th place ranking, 47,000 copies.

#3 - Iron Man #10. Secret origin of Tony Stark.

47th place, 44,000 copies.

#4 - Wolverine & the X-Men #29.

52nd place, 42,000 copies.

#5 - Batgirl #20. Gail Simone is DC's top seller this week. (A few months back they fired her.) Fans adore her.

30th place, 52,000 copies

#6 -Cable and X-Force #8 . Hopless has buzz as an X-scribe.

43rd place, 43,000 copies.

#7 -Thunderbolts #9.

57th place, 39,000 copies

#8 - Gambit #12. Gambit lovers gonna get Gambit.

112th place, 20,000 copies

#9 - Nightwing #20. DC has only two Bat-titles in my top ten speaks volumes of the companies staggering dip in quality.

38th place, 48,000 copies

#10 -Regular Show #1. Indy "rock star" of the day. Sold to the existing "Wednesday's Warriors" & an entirely new crowd.

Looks like it has a print run of 56,000 copies, which would put it at 26th place.

Actually, our sales wouldn't be hugely different to that list. Nova is huge for us and we are still in the phase of many customers still buying all Marvel Now books, although i'm sure the drop off on secondary titles will start soon.

Regular Show was also very big with our customers. The biggest difference with Larry's list would be that Cable and the X Force is one of our poorer selling Marvel titles at present, ( although I quite like it myself).

Don't forget you are looking at Diamond stats. This tells you what comic shops are ordering, which is not necessarily what end customers are buying. we order big on Nova and sell through very nicely. Comic shops in general may be ordering fewer copies and selling out , thereby skewing the results.

How is this possible? Is it just me, or does it seem like Lawrence must have the biggest niche customers, or that his customers have a drastically different preference in comics than the rest of the country???

I know it's not going to match up 1-10 exactly, but you'd figure at least half of his top sales would be in the top 20 (there's only 1!! issue in the top 20 actually!!)

#1 - Age of Ultron #8. "Alpha Dog" Marvel's latest crossover is a big hit with fans. (it is Age of Apocalypse-sque)

#5 - Batgirl #20. Gail Simone is DC's top seller this week. (A few months back they fired her.) Fans adore her.

#7 -Thunderbolts #9.

#9 - Nightwing #20. DC has only two Bat-titles in my top ten speaks volumes of the companies staggering dip in quality.

#10 -Regular Show #1. Indy "rock star" of the day. Sold to the existing "Wednesday's Warriors" & an entirely new crowd.

Looks like it has a print run of 56,000 copies, which would put it at 26th place.

OK,

Your rankings are monthly Diamond wholesale US sales. ( UK & newstand not included)

Mine are weekly single storefront retail sales.

It's a sell through list for the first five days of release. ( at ONE shop )

NOT sold at the distributor level list.

Bleeding cool's list is VERY similar.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/19/the-bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-ultron-ages-nicely/

If my list bothers you that much.

Avoid it.

Edited by LarrysComics

#7 -Thunderbolts #9.

OK,

Your rankings are monthly Diamond wholesale US sales. ( UK & newstand not included)

Mine are weekly single storefront retail sales.

It's a sell through list for the first five days of release. ( at ONE shop )

NOT sold at the distributor level list.

Bleeding cool's list is VERY similar.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/19/the-bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-ultron-ages-nicely/

If my list bothers you that much.

Avoid it.

1-When did I say that the list bothered me?? And THAT much?? I just pointed out how it seemed weird.

2-Okay, so are you saying then that you might sell 30 copies of Nova #4 in five days, but one hundred copies of Batman #19 over the whole month???

Actually, our sales wouldn't be hugely different to that list. Nova is huge for us and we are still in the phase of many customers still buying all Marvel Now books, although i'm sure the drop off on secondary titles will start soon.

Regular Show was also very big with our customers. The biggest difference with Larry's list would be that Cable and the X Force is one of our poorer selling Marvel titles at present, ( although I quite like it myself).

Don't forget you are looking at Diamond stats. This tells you what comic shops are ordering, which is not necessarily what end customers are buying. we order big on Nova and sell through very nicely. Comic shops in general may be ordering fewer copies and selling out , thereby skewing the results.

Okay, I'm seeing Bleeding Cool's list, which is for two days, not the whole month. Makes more sense now.

What's with all the fire and brimstone Dukes40? A simple "Why is your list different than Diamonds." would've sufficed. You got all technical and broke shizznit down like a retired linebacker on a NFL pregame show. lol

Edited by Jaded Savage

As you can see Deion, Larry "the comic guy" Doherty ran a screen play on the Modern Boardies. He made them think he was running with a monthly listing, when in reality he passed with a weekly list, for sales totalling 5 days. There's been controversy in this veterans career, but of late, he's giving the fans what they want, with his signature "weekly updates" list.

Now, on to Demarcus Ware and his amazingness...........

What's with all the fire and brimstone Dukes40?

I am not sure when you read that, but I must have missed it. (shrug)

Dukes taking the time to point out every discrepency he see's on somebody's top 10 list seems a little bit out of the way to me. DOn't know why he would try to discredit a known dealer's info unless there is a past history. (thumbs u

Well...

The ignore function is still working.

Anybody interested in my shops weekly market report, feel free to sign up on my website.

It will NOT be posted here again for obvious reasons...

??what obvious reasons??

I asked about a discrepancy, it was explained by two people. Not sure why you wouldn't continue to post. ??

What's with all the fire and brimstone Dukes40?

I am not sure when you read that, but I must have missed it. (shrug)

Dukes taking the time to point out every discrepency he see's on somebody's top 10 list seems a little bit out of the way to me. DOn't know why he would try to discredit a known dealer's info unless there is a past history. (thumbs u

How am I trying to discredit Lawrence?? I don't even know the guy, or live close to the store ( or even order from him online). I was wondering why the difference existed. It was explained by two people, and it made sense.

And, it's not like I put a giant effort into this. I took two minutes to copy numbers. Without these, then my question wouldn't make as much sense. It makes it easier , visually, to see the difference.

And the guy has like 10 lists. It's not like I picked them apart in depth. I don't see why you think this was a massive statistical undertaking??

I was just curious why Batman, Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc weren't top ten sellers.

You would expect stores best sellers to GENERALLY follow print run ratios, for the most part. If they don't, then my interest lies in what makes a particular store or region different. (Ie Dale Eaglesham lives near Ottawa, therefore, local stores ordered more copies of the latest Alpha Flight series, etc)

Since it was by week, and not month, this made more sense.

Come on Larry!

You always get mad at "trolls" but the people who are critical of you never have more then 300 posts!

PLEASE keep posting the list or please add my e-mail Hiphopfcomics@gmail.com to the list.