• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

A year later Dexter is coming. I don't even remember how many copies I ordered. That was like my first Previews order on Midtown.

Licensee / legal red tape kept popping up.

Delays were brutal...

Originally I was going to do a variant but it got nixed.

The cover you have on your report seems different to the ones I see on pre-orders... would that have been the variant?

Yeah,

I goofed. The 1:25 is pictured in my market report.

Just got in Dexter, the cover stock is breathtaking...wait til you see it.

Interesting development regarding:

The Last of Us, American Dreams.

Diamond / Dark Horse have cancelled #2 & #3 second prints.

I have NO idea why...

If this holds the set will be $100+ in a month.

AND there's news coming today at the Image Expo that is going to rekindle price increases / interest in modern comics...

( things have been stagnant lately, not sales, just price bumps )

The only reason I see for a cancelled 2nd printing is a swift swift swift TPB release.

AND there's news coming today at the Image Expo that is going to rekindle price increases / interest in modern comics...

( things have been stagnant lately, not sales, just price bumps )

Are you referring to Millar's announcement, or the great writers jumping over to Image?

Or...has it not been announced yet?

Gotham City Sirens is just hot period. The HC's are even seeing price increases on the secondary market. Not that this a new trend however. I just wish I would have stuck with the series long enough to complete the run as it came out. Strict NM/+ copies are getting harder to get it seems.

I am glad its hot. The series was brilliant. Well written with great art. It lost steam last few issues, but only I bet because they knew it was done. Never had an issue with selling single issues either. Good read wins every time.

The variant is pretty hard to find one of the few I have never seen in person at a shop or show yet.

It is time I think. I just have dupes of 1-6. Also a couple extra #1's and #2's. I also have a few of the last issue as well. I liked the book a lot, but didn't buy comics at all for about 5 months so I felt too far behind to play back issue hunting for good copies. The last 4 or 5 issues also seemed to have print/shipping flaws as well which turned me off to trying to complete a HG run.

Gotham City Sirens has gotten hotter since last time I checked for sure. It may be time I listed my complete run.

If you say so...seems like they just sit there on ebay...no real sales activity...

Gotham City Sirens has gotten hotter since last time I checked for sure. It may be time I listed my complete run.

If you say so...seems like they just sit there on ebay...no real sales activity...

If your auction title was spelled right, they might sell better....

lol...thanks for the catch...we'll see...

I wonder if the variant of Last of Us: American Dreams #1 that came with the LE editions of the game will pick up. It's still sticking at 15 bucks in most auctions.

I think that's because the 1st print has only a 5,000 print run where as the LE version could have 10's of thousands if not a hundred thousand.

I wonder if the variant of Last of Us: American Dreams #1 that came with the LE editions of the game will pick up. It's still sticking at 15 bucks in most auctions.

I think that's because the 1st print has only a 5,000 print run where as the LE version could have 10's of thousands if not a hundred thousand.

If that is so, then there should be a 15/1 ration of the LE edition comics compared to the normal edition, but it's almost the other way around. Puzzling.

:facepalm::roflmao:

That book appears to be shilled which is sad because as a Scud fan I need that book and because I was hoping it was a real trend of sorts. But sadly it doesn't seem to be that way. (shrug)

Some books for your consumption.

Cursed Pirate Girl #1,2 & 3 @ $97 & 11 bids.

Superman Unchained Sketch #1 @ $91 & 14 bids.

Star Wars #3 Sketch Variant @ $82 & 9 bids.

Y: The Last Man #1 @ $54 & 4 bids.

Nova #5 Variant @ $51 & 2 bids (a nice Amazing #700 homage)

The Last of Us America Dreams #1 @ $22 & 3 bids.

Superman, The Man of Steel #18 @ $15 & 2 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #601 @ $15 & 12 bids.

Wolverine Annual '99 @ $12 & 10 bids.

Click me for more trendy books in any age.