• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Dexter #1 already sold out at my closest LCS. Saw at least two people come in scanning the D's section of Marvel, hurriedly walk to the counter asking for it, and then walking out just as fast after the clerk told them it was sold out. Get ready for a flurry shortly methinks.

Dexter was also sold out at 2 shops I went to today.

I underestimated the popularity also. I did pick up the 1/:25 variant for $23.

detail.jpg

Dexter #1 already sold out at my closest LCS. Saw at least two people come in scanning the D's section of Marvel, hurriedly walk to the counter asking for it, and then walking out just as fast after the clerk told them it was sold out. Get ready for a flurry shortly methinks.

Dexter was also sold out at 2 shops I went to today.

I underestimated the popularity also. I did pick up the 1/:25 variant for $23.

detail.jpg

Got one from Midtown yesterday. Today, they're sold out.

I should check the shops around here. There's one that I THINK may have one.

Looking at the Third Eye store, that HAD to have been a video store before.

http://www.thirdeyecomics.com/store-photos/

Nope it was a paint store. They installed all the shelving and fixtures themselves.

Hmmm. I thought the floor was a dead give away, and the style of shelving looks more movie store than comic shop.

(shrug)

Regular cover is nice but this was a poorly written comic book.

This was as bad as most of the season with Jimmy Smits and the current storyline. Glad people can make money off it but the Character name alone is moving this one. Pass.

1418561_zpsa79536f9.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

This was as bad as most of the season with Jimmy Smits and the current storyline. Glad people can make money off it but the Character name alone is moving this one. Pass.

I have to agree... print run / show / fans aside... as a comic fan it holds little interest for me... if it plays out like "watching an episode" then I would expect it to follow the same well trodden formula and have nothing new to bring to the table. Granted the TV series has picked up audience year on year for 8 years which is no mean feat and it has a lot of ardent fans but it doesn't mean it will make a great comic. I can't help but see it as just another bit of TV show merchandise... it lands in the same category as the Dark Horse - Aliens or Terminator comics, Game of Thrones, X-Files, Buffy or adaptation/continuation.

I'm not saying that adaptations/continuations can't work, I have enjoyed reading some of the ones above in passing, I just personally don't have any expectations. Great if you are a fan of the show but a (good/bad/average) read at cover for anyone else taking a glance. Speculation will drive this one up but once the dust settles what will you be left with? There are plenty of examples.

edit: ... another pump and dumper?

Edited by Garf

1418561_zpsa79536f9.jpg

Jimmy Smits was pimp in that. The season was awesome too.

Is everyone referring to the variant cover when discussing how hot Dexter is because I see no indication on Ebay that the regular is hot in any manner. They're selling at about cover.

I said earlier in this thread that people were coming into my LCS looking for the book and leaving when they had none left. The regular cover is still a cover price book, but when non-comic readers are flooding into a store looking for a book, said stores not having them, they will have to go online. When all the big retailers have sold out then ebay will probably see a price rise soon.

Is everyone referring to the variant cover when discussing how hot Dexter is because I see no indication on Ebay that the regular is hot in any manner. They're selling at about cover.

I said earlier in this thread that people were coming into my LCS looking for the book and leaving when they had none left. The regular cover is still a cover price book, but when non-comic readers are flooding into a store looking for a book, said stores not having them, they will have to go online. When all the big retailers have sold out then ebay will probably see a price rise soon.

As of this post Dexter #1 is three days live..

It is Sold out at the distributor level, most shops are out.

It is selling briskly at cover price.

Many are buying multiple.

Shops are inquiring about wholesale or trade.

That's positive movement.