• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

wonder if that Larry's shop variant is considered a phantom or different class of variant?

Seriously?

OK...

Day Men #1 is a regional shop variant.

A variant commissioned for sale at a single venue.

Phantom are group variants.

A variant commissioned for sale at multiple venues.

Get it?

elitist...

wonder if that Larry's shop variant is considered a phantom or different class of variant?

Seriously?

OK...

Get it?

Thanks Larry all I asked was the one question no need to show me up about it.

2. Considering demand. Walking dead is huge. However, PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience. If the show is quality, and the comic story can draw people in, things will explode. If not then, speculators will be looking to dump those stocks.

Not looking to argue, but want to discuss this point. You state "PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience." I assume you are talking about it being based on Peter Pan?

This isn't necessarily aimed only at Mike's Rack, so please anyone chime in: Is Peter Pan really a broader audience than the zombie genre?

its up there PP has huge international potential. if done right this will be huge !

Never going to happen.

TWD changed everything and it's in the consciousness of ordinary "non collecting" people. Speculators drove the ridiculous prices on this book.

No one will EVER give a rats azz about a motion comic no matter who is in it, directing it or wrote it. Anyone who thinks that anyone will even know about this book in 5 years is kidding themselves. WW2 and Peter Pan... Seriously?

Edited by GetMeOutOfHere

Seriously?

OK...

Get it?

Just answered your smug question...

2. Considering demand. Walking dead is huge. However, PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience. If the show is quality, and the comic story can draw people in, things will explode. If not then, speculators will be looking to dump those stocks.

Not looking to argue, but want to discuss this point. You state "PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience." I assume you are talking about it being based on Peter Pan?

This isn't necessarily aimed only at Mike's Rack, so please anyone chime in: Is Peter Pan really a broader audience than the zombie genre?

its up there PP has huge international potential. if done right this will be huge !

Never going to happen.

TWD changed everything and it's in the consciousness of ordinary "non collecting" people. Speculators drove the ridiculous prices on this book.

No one will EVER give a rats azz about a motion comic no matter who is in it, directing it or wrote it. Anyone who thinks that anyone will even know about this book in 5 years is kidding themselves. WW2 and Peter Pan... Seriously?

I assumed the pro-crowd were referring to PP exploding if it ended up with a TV show and not a motion comic. If I assumed incorrectly then I'd like some of what they're smoking but only a little :)

Speculators and the crowd that follows are solely responsible for the quick rise in price. I personally bought a few when the news hit and sold while the crowd still had their heads in the clouds. :)

No next question

PP has the potential to be even bigger than Walking Dead. What have you been smokin'? You can't possible think that a subject matter on WW2 & Nazi's is going to appeal to a larger audience.

Let`s take a look at them.

What`s the biggest audience for Walking Dead?

18 to 40 year old males who like Zombies.

Will this same crowd like a Peter Pan based TV show?

It`s debatable.

hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Seriously?

OK...

Get it?

Just answered your smug question...

lol

Bad day?

No next question

PP has the potential to be even bigger than Walking Dead. What have you been smokin'? You can't possible think that a subject matter on WW2 & Nazi's is going to appeal to a larger audience.

Let`s take a look at them.

What`s the biggest audience for Walking Dead?

18 to 40 year old males who like Zombies.

Will this same crowd like a Peter Pan based TV show?

It`s debatable.

hm

Cartoons have a narrow appeal even though there are plenty of excellent ones. A BBC live action drama series could see more interest especially if all the period stuff is done well but again if something does get made then it's such a long shot of being universally good...

I'd peg it being something similar to say the BBC Merlin or Torchwood series if it happens. Only thing that would swing it straight into a top spot before having to prove itself would be a stellar cast. i.e. another perfect storm required... and again it won't be the same as TWD because I believe TWD would have still achieved great heights as a comic alone without a TV series.

2011 / 2012 was a real resurgence of the non-superhero themes (e.g. WWII) that has it's comic roots in the 50's and earlier. 2013 seems to be the era of the TV/Animated/Movie adaptation "apparent"... and it baffles me at times that so much confidence is voiced. I'm all for excitement about it though as there are titles I would love to see developed. Still, it's confusing because a lot of them are barely hitting double digits or a second arc. Everyone speculating wants a quick win and, who knows, may not even have read them. With most of the stuff optioned I could name 5 - 10 other books that I easily prefer reading month to month.

TWD however is an obvious exception. Ticks all the boxes.

Every time the "next TWD" is mentioned I cringe a little inside because there's usually something missing from the equation (if there is one). A TV series doesn't necessarily make a great comic and vice versa. Into the future it's not going to take many more options to never get developed or fall through to increase cynicism amongst most collectors taking a bath on title X, Y and Z. Personally out of all of them I'd love to see the Sixth Gun eventually make it because I love the book, but currently it might just be something that has started to rock the boat. It's been mentioned before but for whatever does make it then you only have to look at other massive franchises like The Crow or Predator or Terminator or etc etc and their comic counterparts to see there are two sides of the coin.

(shrug)

Just trying to think about it without too much reader bias.

Peter Panzerfaust is a cool book and fun read. Walking Dead is what the X-men and Wolverine were from 94 through 260s. That being legendary and something I couldn't wait to read.

I think PP has further potential to expand ( I have it in tpb until isue 6) and I think Walking Dead is about as big now as it ever will be but I wouldn't compare the two as equals.

Never going to happen.

I still cannot fathom how this comic's value has soared as high as it has never mind how it has maintained such high prices. Despite a low print run it's just not that good and issue one isn't even the first appearance of the work?

I agree, in 5 years no one will care.

The lack of faith in its longevity is what made me sell my run. I usually don't sell partial runs of anything but if you bought the issues for cover, the price was a little too good to turn down imo. I'm a little nervous that I might have sold too early but I honestly don't think it's going to soar significantly higher or be something people will care about in 5 years so I'm still reasonably confident with my decision.

There's no way this will be the next walking dead. Absolutely no way. I don't think anything that's out right now has a chance of being the next walking dead or anything remotely near it. I don't even like TWD but it's a phenomenon and you'll be lucky if there's "the next walking dead" this decade or ever. Be happy with your $200 books.

in 5 years people won't care about 95% of the new stuff out there now....not sure Walking Dead will be as desirable in 5 years.

This may be true, but if you look at the people picking it up in a LCS then I have seen plenty of youngsters snapping it up or even being turned away by the owner as they are barely taller than the counter. It will certainly have its moment of nostalgia further down the line where it will begin to shine again. I reckon more people will look at it as fondly as I do some 80's / 90's stuff that is frankly either now dead in the water or massively over printed by comparison to be considered scarce by any stretch of imagination.