• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

speaking of titles I liked, why you guys no speak about burn the orphanage.

I preordered 10 copies 2 months ago and the store I get my pulls from didn't do my pulls last week. They had 3 copies left for me!

Anyways, it should have potential because

1. video game tie-in

2. creator cross north america tour

3. it sold out before hitting retail

I'm just going to post this picture because its what I'm thinking about right now

Yeah but Jimmy, I was rareing for it too, but it's awful, 9 out of 10 comic readers agree. I have copies too, but I think they may have to be used to handle my ferret's poo...oh it looked good, preview tight, talent tight, sold out before it came out....then you read it, and kept saying to yourself...this might be an in joke, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Sorry mate, you can't polish this turd. But be careful as the paper is like fingerprint ink pad...don't touch it....

Terrible book. If it takes off I will be down right shocked. Pure garbage

I preordered 10 copies 2 months ago and the store I get my pulls from didn't do my pulls last week. They had 3 copies left for me!

1. video game tie-in

I'm just going to post this picture because its what I'm thinking about right now

Yeah but Jimmy, I was rareing for it too, but it's awful, 9 out of 10 comic readers agree. I have copies too, but I think they may have to be used to handle my ferret's poo...oh it looked good, preview tight, talent tight, sold out before it came out....then you read it, and kept saying to yourself...this might be an in joke, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Sorry mate, you can't polish this turd. But be careful as the paper is like fingerprint ink pad...don't touch it....

+1 Lots of personal anticipation...huge let down. It seems sloppy and thrown together, and that includes however they chose to print it (ink on my fingers?).

1. video game tie-in

But how did you guys feel about lil depressed boy? That's a $80 9.8 last I checked, and its such a good read. I only realized recently that sina grace is the artist. Ill always support that guys books.

I should stop drawing dongs in all of my Previews

No way. You should send them to CGC

good luck finding them in high grade, especially the issue with the color preview of Todd the Ugliest.

Here is a list though:

199101 ( first Deadpool ?)

199407 ( Hellboy )

199403 ( Sin City Strip, first in Previews )

200911 ( first Orc Stain )

199503 ( Chris Ware )

199603 ( Ross Cover )

200709 ( Chris Ware )

199803 ( 300 preview )

200505 ( first Serenity )

200711 ( Dynamo 5 Preview )

200211 ( first Invincible )

199301 ( Maxx Preview )

199203 ( First Spawn ) Cover A predates Malibu Sun 13

200308 ( Walking Dead! )

nov 2012 ( first todd ugliest )

There are also ones with an East or West preview and another with a Fables cover that predates issue one of the series.

1. video game tie-in

But how did you guys feel about lil depressed boy? That's a $80 9.8 last I checked, and its such a good read. I only realized recently that sina grace is the artist. Ill always support that guys books.

i actually liked burn the orphanage. like streets of rage/double dragon type stuff.

Sina Grace was the editor for the Walking Dead for 31 issues. The guys not dumb and knows his stuff (LBD).

I don't think he'd make a book, so I am putting my money on Burn the Orphanage.

hey, I hope your right. I have 8-9 of them myself but I read a lot of titles and this was brutal to get through

Sina Grace was the editor for the Walking Dead for 31 issues. The guys not dumb and knows his stuff (LBD).

I don't think he'd make a book, so I am putting my money on Burn the Orphanage.

hey, I hope your right. I have 8-9 of them myself but I read a lot of titles and this was brutal to get through

That's all :baiting:

we shall see what kind of demand there is for that book when everyone dumps their copies on ebay this weekend that they bought off action lab's website.

Edited by darkstar

If we're in agreement that Lil depressed boy wasn't the greatest. look up how much those sells for (theres a VF+ on ebay for $50, I bought a 9.8 for $85 off a guy named Jeff).

If lil depressed boy has an after market, Burn the Orphanage has hope. 2c

we shall see what kind of demand there is for that book when everyone dumps their copies on ebay this weekend that they bought off action lab's website.

was action lab offering the variants?

Yes. They were $10 plus shipping last week.

They were until they were mentioned in this thread. Sold out now. Apparently they only ship on Fridays though, so it could be another week before they start popping up on ebay en masse.