• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

Is The Massive from Dark Horse worth picking up? A LCS has #1 up still on the shoes at cover.

1-What are "the shoes"??

2- I've read the first 3 I think, and it was fairly good so far.

I think Kiss Kids is going to be a good title.

I ordered 10 copies though so I might be biased.

Its modern times like these, when the books that get popular are unpredictable.

Also "purry" :

Screenshot2013-08-19at111410AM_zps0dba3442.png

...... really??? ?? ? ?

Is The Massive from Dark Horse worth picking up? A LCS has #1 up still on the shoes at cover.

The regular or the variant? I think The Massive is one of the best series currently running.

When I went to get the variant when it first came out, it was BEYOND mangled.

Can't believe stores sometimes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141037303349&item=141037303349&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Batman #1

$53 w 16 bids.

It had 188K print run for the first issue.

Here I thought selling it for $22 was a good idea.

I am still snagging them for $25 - $30 apiece from a couple of LCSs as they slowly leak out their last few copies. In both cases the owners were shocked at how fast they went, especially the store that supposedly ordered 600 copies.

I bought one on friday for $14. Sold it for $35 via text an hour later.

Batman #1 is not a hard to find book if you look hard enough.

None of the 8+ stores here have had it in ages. Like, how big of a market do you have to be in (not just for this book). But like, every time I see a "tones of copies left" post, I think "ya, not here. Not for a long time."

Also "purry" :

...... really??? ?? ? ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sadis=200&_ipg=50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_from=R40&_samihi=&_samilow=&_fpos=&_udhi=&_oexkw=&_udlo=&_adv=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_okw=&_fsct=&_nkw=kiss+kids+1

Really!

I am sitting on a ton of batman #1 every time i go to sell them the prices are up ! so I am holding...... I don't think DC is going to reboot batman any time soon.

I have the feeling there are a lot of people with tons of copies of this book. It is not a rare book ! the 1:25 and the 1:200 are rare ! In time I also believe the Detective and Action RRP's will be sought out. just my 2 cents.

Also "purry" :

...... really??? ?? ? ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sadis=200&_ipg=50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_from=R40&_samihi=&_samilow=&_fpos=&_udhi=&_oexkw=&_udlo=&_adv=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_okw=&_fsct=&_nkw=kiss+kids+1

Really!

No, I meant a good title, like you said, not a hot title.

The regular or the variant? I think The Massive is one of the best series currently running.

I picked up the regular #1 signed by Wood $5. One of my favorite covers.

I actually bought that one from Midtown's website last summer. And Ryan hooked me up with the variant when TFAW had them for like $1. The first arc variants (#1-#3) are the ones to own if anything ever happens with this series.

And has anyone been paying attention to the prices of the first American Vampire arc?

Also "purry" :

...... really??? ?? ? ?

Really!

No, I meant a good title, like you said, not a hot title.

Its already selling above cover and there is a Bruce Timm subscription cover. :gossip:

I actually bought that one from Midtown's website last summer. And Ryan hooked me up with the variant when TFAW had them for like $1. The first arc variants (#1-#3) are the ones to own if anything ever happens with this series.

And has anyone been paying attention to the prices of the first American Vampire arc?

Only in so much as one of my LCSs have a box full of #1s they would love to sell at cover...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141037303349&item=141037303349&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Batman #1

$53 w 16 bids.

It had 188K print run for the first issue.

Here I thought selling it for $22 was a good idea.

I am still snagging them for $25 - $30 apiece from a couple of LCSs as they slowly leak out their last few copies. In both cases the owners were shocked at how fast they went, especially the store that supposedly ordered 600 copies.

I bought one on friday for $14. Sold it for $35 via text an hour later.

Batman #1 is not a hard to find book if you look hard enough.

I'm still surprised at how cheap #2 is comparitively...but it has been moving upward pretty quickly...

Only in so much as one of my LCSs have a box full of #1s they would love to sell at cover...

American Vampire #1? :takeit: 1st and 2nd print.

Is the Jim Lee cover variant worth anything more than $10?

Yeah. I saw one at a comic con this weekend right when it opened (I was probably one of the first people at the table that wasn't a dealer earlier) and he had a variant for $45 gone before I could even ask to see it.