• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

So Nathan Edmondson is making moves again.
No #1 1st Prints on eBay...yet.

I took them all.

And there weren't many I can tell you.

I went to the USA,UK and Australian sites - didn't try Canada coz of their stupid postal charges.

Going to sit for a bit and see what Fox do with the Movie.

start pumping

These were HTF when they originally came out.

How many of these agent, special forces, cia/fbi, cop, crime etc comics that get turned into movies actually gain value???

Wanted?

Red?

The Losers?

RIPD?

Bulletproof Monk?

Road to Perdition?

Seems like these aren't good investments.

PS, Whiteout, Virus, and Surrogates were all based on comics?? I'm always surprised by the number of small-time comics that movies get based on.

PS, Whiteout, Virus, and Surrogates were all based on comics?? I'm always surprised by the number of small-time comics that movies get based on.

It's easier to purchase the rights for the small ones. And if it's a creator owned...it's a prime target. Plus it always has the 'underground/trendy' label and vibe when it's been picked from obscurity....which translates into 'hip' for executive movie types.

I took them all.

I went to the USA,UK and Australian sites - didn't try Canada coz of their stupid postal charges.

start pumping

Goodness Paperheart - straight to the point......

No flowers or dinner first?

I'm flattered but will have to pass.

Try Ravenswood. (thumbs u

lol

Ravenswood hm - the school district where i volunteer?

I took them all.

start pumping

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48271

I think that;s all the pumping that is needed. Same way with Ghost Projekt.

So that's why after months of no movement, my signed set of 1-5 finally sold for a whopping $14 BIN. lol

The #1 was a 2nd print, but still sucks to hear about this.

Edited by lemonman5

I took them all.

start pumping

So that's why after months of no movement, my signed set of 1-5 finally sold for a whopping $14 BIN. lol

Yeah I wasn't going to buy them based on the second print.

Was debating it though.

Seems the #1 first print is quite elusive.

It probably happened like this:

So.. the girl has a robot guardian??

It was also printed in black and white in a mag size Byrne collection.

His error is fearing technology he doesn't understand and it leads to a hasty decision. He could have had everything a man could possible desire/paradise and instead ends up drinking his life away in some space bar. I took it as a commentary on man's tireless quest to become more and more advanced through technology when happiness can be found in the simplicity of nature. As far as silent comics go it's pretty well crafted. Glad you read it!

No, I mean like literally what is happening in the last few pages. What's the deal/connection with the girl and the robot? What is the decision he makes? What is he shocked at??

The protagonist is proven to be an impulsive man earlier in the work as well as someone who doesn't really respect nature. Add to this an inability for he and the woman to communicate on anything more than a sexual level leads to his rash decision Remember, he notices two sets of foot prints early but is distracted by the lady parts. Later he is startled by this imposing robot and makes his critical error by fleeing. He assumes she and the robot are out to get him but he is mistaken. Byrne places the robot in shadows and makes him look menacing only to show later that things are not always what they seem. He never actually states what the relationship is between the girl and robot but we learn in the epilogue that the robot is there to protect and nurture.

Edited by MrWeen

I took them all.

start pumping

These were hard to find when they first came out. And I remember looking at them last summer when I heard about Where is Jake Ellis? and they were still up in price. Dancer on the other hand.

Hi, could you guys help me out with something?

Someone offered me

Batman # 620 -713 (end first series) Incl crossovers Nightwing,Robin ,Batman & the Outsiders: 13 issues

Detective # 783 - # 881 (end first series)

for 150 euros. I dont know how much the worth of the batman comics is before the new 52 and i want to get the last issues before new 52. Do you think that this is a good deal?

Im new in the comicworld, sorry for the noob question.

That's like 200 comics for about $215.

CAN most of these be gotten cheaper? Sure, if you want to spend a month hunting through cheap-o boxes...maybe.

Particularly if they're bagged and boarded and you like Batman, that doesn't sound bad (things are more expensive in Europe generally anyway).

Plus, some of those are $10-$25 books, so if we're talking nice minty copies, go for it, why not?

His error is fearing technology he doesn't understand and it leads to a hasty decision. He could have had everything a man could possible desire/paradise and instead ends up drinking his life away in some space bar. I took it as a commentary on man's tireless quest to become more and more advanced through technology when happiness can be found in the simplicity of nature. As far as silent comics go it's pretty well crafted. Glad you read it!

No, I mean like literally what is happening in the last few pages. What's the deal/connection with the girl and the robot? What is the decision he makes? What is he shocked at??

The protagonist is proven to be an impulsive man earlier in the work as well as someone who doesn't really respect nature. Add to this an inability for he and the woman to communicate on anything more than a sexual level leads to his rash decision Remember, he notices two sets of foot prints early but is distracted by the lady parts. Later he is startled by this imposing robot and makes his critical error by fleeing. He assumes she and the robot are out to get him but he is mistaken. Byrne places the robot in shadows and makes him look menacing only to show later that things are not always what they seem. He never actually states what the relationship is between the girl and robot but we learn in the epilogue that the robot is there to protect and nurture.

Okay, so he see the robot, gets scared, makes a hasty decision as he thinks it's going to hurt him, and runs?

I hate when I see something like this, and it seems sort of obvious, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I especially hate when the art (not as much in this case though), makes it hard to tell what happened from one panel to the next.

I especially hate when the art (not as much in this case though), makes it hard to tell what happened from one panel to the next.

Byrne's a master of sequential art and in this case it really shows. It's funny how reading tastes differ. I actually love when you have to go back and really analyze the panels. Silent narratives are fun and push the artist to show the action instead of telling us what's going on.

I took them all.

start pumping

lol

Ravenswood hm - the school district where i volunteer?

Purely co-incidental my friend.

What do you teach at school?

I've checked my LCSs and can't find a copy...howaboutthat, must be a short print run or somethin

I think numbers were posted. Around 4,000. But it was popular when it came out. #1 went to 2nd print. So I wouldn't think too many will be around the LCS.