• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Happy Days replaced Ron Howard with Ted Mcginley

Laverne & Shirley lost Cindy Williams (Shirley) and didnt replace her. Weird

Cheers replaced Shelly Long with Kirstie Alley

Valerie replaced Valerie Harper with Sandy Duncan, which made the show's name change to The Hogan Family

Different World replaced Lisa Bonet with Jasmine Guy

Spin City replaced Michael J Fox with Charlie Sheen

8 Simple Rules replaced John Ritter with David Spade and James Garner

That 70's show replaced Topher Grace with Josh Meyers.

But not all those people played the same characters. They were just replaced as leads with new characters to play....

I think that if Andrew Lincoln leaves, Rick will be killed off, or leave the group, to be replaced by a new male lead. But the character will not stay.

Exactly.

The Spartacus example is the only one I can think of, but that was very much extenuating circumstances with Andy Whitfield passing away. The new actor did look remarkably like Andy! Still, I can't ever think of the actor for a show's title character passing away like that before, let alone after a show's huge hit first season (basically...he got sick soon after and never returned anyway).

The only other examples of the same character being replaced on tv are perhaps on soap operas, which granted, happens all the time. And they almost always look completely different, which is incredibly jarring as a viewer.

But I'm with Pete, I just can't see the Rick character's actor being replaced. Not in this type of show especially, where realism and death are the draw. Or maybe I'm still traumatized by Downton Abbey's finale last season when that actor apparently wanted to leave the show. lol

I bought it. Told u I liked to gamble. Abraham is a great character. If he resonates w/ the TV crowd I think I could double my money.

He's a great character. I love the book. Congrats on the pick up.

Here is my Yellow copy. For a while, right after Abraham was killed, you couldn't give this book away. I tried to sell a raw 9.6+ for $40-50 or so and didn't even get an insulting lowball. Now, I am glad. :grin:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=6527&GSub=628

Man, imagine what will happen to #1 when Rick dies???

Rick will never die he'll just keep losing body parts kinda like an old missing dog poster I saw long ago, one ear, one eye, missing teetch, and 3 legged goes by the name lucky. lol

I thought that was a good Price ... I paid a whopping $15 for that one last year , nice UNPRESSED example , Thanks again for the Sale :) im sure it will be $300 by the end of the season (4)

-gary

I don't get it. I've always seen #53 around $40-70. Nothing much lower than that.

Valerie replaced Valerie Harper with Sandy Duncan, which made the show's name change to The Hogan Family

Ya, but those aren't different actors playing the same character.

What about Doctor Who? hm

:ohm

I think of Dr Who a lot like James Bond. It's an updating of a franchise / reboot of the character each time they're replaced.

Even if there is a continuity, there's a huge disparity on how stories for both characters have been told over the years.

I bought it. Told u I liked to gamble. Abraham is a great character. If he resonates w/ the TV crowd I think I could double my money.

He's a great character. I love the book. Congrats on the pick up.

Here is my Yellow copy. For a while, right after Abraham was killed, you couldn't give this book away. I tried to sell a raw 9.6+ for $40-50 or so and didn't even get an insulting lowball. Now, I am glad. :grin:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=6527&GSub=628

Man, imagine what will happen to #1 when Rick dies???

Rick will never die he'll just keep losing body parts kinda like an old missing dog poster I saw long ago, one ear, one eye, missing teetch, and 3 legged goes by the name lucky. lol

I thought that was a good Price ... I paid a whopping $15 for that one last year , nice UNPRESSED example , Thanks again for the Sale :) im sure it will be $300 by the end of the season (4)

-gary

I don't get it. I've always seen #53 around $40-70. Nothing much lower than that.

I found a shop on Vacation that had all the Walking Dead back issues for 10-15 bucks except like 1-40 , they had 2 #53's at the time bought them both , and a couple other non key issues that I needed

What about Doctor Who? hm

:ohm

I think of Dr Who a lot like James Bond. It's an updating of a franchise / reboot of the character each time they're replaced.

Even if there is a continuity, there's a huge disparity on how stories for both characters have been told over the years.

I've never watched (don't know why), but from what I've read, like isn't that the thing, that there's always a different "Doctor Who"? Like they just assume the mantle?

Whereas Jimmy B is always supposed to be the same guy?

Bewitched with York and Sargent

Hal Jordan replaced by Guy Gardener

MARVEL REPLACED TERRANCE HOWARD WITH DON CHEADLE!

Bin Abin Sur replaced by Hal Jordan. lol