• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I'd ever spend a ton of dough on a 9.9 / 10.0. I'd be afraid of post-slab damage (or whatever it's called), like if some dropped the slab and actually damaged the book inside the slab from it shifting around slightly but critically.

On the other hand, I sent in an absolutely flawless Batman: Harley Quinn (the square-bound Ross cover book) last year, and it still only came back 9.8. After that, I will never guess or understand what it takes to get a 9.9 or 10.0 on a book. Seriously, that sucker was as MINTY as it could possibly get. (shrug)

Probably already known but here are some heating up:

Gotham City Sirens #1 @ $7

hm

I just sold a Gotham City Sirens #1 last night for $8, so the price is skyrocketing!

There are sales for that book in the $10-15 range.

Check out sets of Gotham Girls! They are selling for $60-70 each

I think only Issue 3 really commands any price with the Gotham Girls set, right? The Harley Quinn issue?

Yeah, I was trying to be funny.

I had 4 people watching, but alas only the one bid at $7.99.

I did very well with some IDW TMNTs, though, so I was happy with that.

hm

I just sold a Gotham City Sirens #1 last night for $8, so the price is skyrocketing!

This book goes up and down based on Harley for the most part a while back I think it reached $20 for awhile. I have sold several for $15 each. Very good series I enjoyed and hated it when they cancelled it.

hm

I think only Issue 3 really commands any price with the Gotham Girls set, right? The Harley Quinn issue?

Ivy and Catwoman pull better then the other two as well. NM is tougher on these books in my experience I think from poor production.

hm

Ivy and Catwoman pull better then the other two as well. NM is tougher on these books in my experience I think from poor production.

:shy:

There's 16!! 9.9's on the census??? Really?!?!?!

I saw one in person at NYCC. It looked like a 9.4-9.6 to me.. So maybe the standards are lower for WD #1 hm

Or maybe you just can't grade :shrug:

CGC doesn't screw around when it comes to giving out 9.9s - you are never going to see a 9.4/9.6 book in a 9.9 holder.

I can grade enough to know that a 9.9 shouldn't have a spine tick and blunted corners

There are no blunted corners in the photo of the 9.9 :shrug:

16 Golden tickets - that's more than Willie Wonka (shrug)

There's 16!! 9.9's on the census??? Really?!?!?!

I saw one in person at NYCC. It looked like a 9.4-9.6 to me.. So maybe the standards are lower for WD #1 hm

Or maybe you just can't grade :shrug:

CGC doesn't screw around when it comes to giving out 9.9s - you are never going to see a 9.4/9.6 book in a 9.9 holder.

I can grade enough to know that a 9.9 shouldn't have a spine tick and blunted corners

There are no blunted corners in the photo of the 9.9 :shrug:

16 Golden tickets - that's more than Willie Wonka (shrug)

There's 18 now.

Really 18? wow

Am I the only one who thinks that Cryptozoic Man is going to be a $4 book within 2 months?

While I haven't read it, those who have are not raving. (The reviews go from "not very good" to "it was decent".) The creators are reality stars of a reality show that nobody really watches. And it's from a publisher that does not have any history of "hot" books.

This is not Saga. This is not Manhattan Project.

I just hope people aren't burned too much by this.