• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of these Wizards 1/2's starting to get respectable money. They have them for a lot of titles though and the lesser known titles you can still find in the $1 or less box.

I remember this particular Gold edition being very tough to find. Not sure about the others, I always liked the Wizard ACE editions and never see them at comic shops either.

I've seen a lot of these Wizards 1/2's starting to get respectable money. They have them for a lot of titles though and the lesser known titles you can still find in the $1 or less box.

I remember this particular Gold edition being very tough to find. Not sure about the others, I always liked the Wizard ACE editions and never see them at comic shops either.

I collect Wizard 1/2s and Ace editions, the hardest part about that is knowing what was originally available, all lists I have ever found are incomplete, just when I think I know, I find another what I didnt know about.

I think speculators are mining 'gems' previously forsaken from the crash of the 90s and in turn starting to abandon the new stuff. It will eventually be a crash riding on the back of the 90s crash.

:ohnoez:

If you're referring to the book above, this is not a high sale, it's actually lower-than-average. This book was selling for over $200 before one specific seller started an orderly, consistent string of sales.

^^

The print run for X-O 1/2 Gold is around 2k, similar to The Maxx. The difference being one was coveted and protected, the other seems to have been trashed. And if it wasn't for seller 'canvascutie' these books would still be selling in the triple digits.

^^

The print run for X-O 1/2 Gold is around 2k, similar to The Maxx. The difference being one was coveted and protected, the other seems to have been trashed. And if it wasn't for seller 'canvascutie' these books would still be selling in the triple digits.

That's all true, but this one is going high (IMHO) because it looks like it could actually be NM. Seller has provided pictures good enough to see that the spine is probably not split and the book does not have a twist to it from being mistapled... all common defects.

But yes, that one seller must have had a couple hundred copies and persistently lowered the price - it's actually a wonder that it never fell much below $20. The story on the valiant board, if I remember correctly, was the seller had all the leftover 1/2 issues from the Wizard warehouse.

I had about 20 of these in a box of drek that I picked up last year. unfortunately all of them were in bad shape, previous owner did not take care of them

The movie was highlighted a few times on the Yahoo homepage, yesterday. Some of the comments were regarding where to find this issue or the series the movie will be based on. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pretty hot again for a month or so.

very undervalued book IMHO

Personal Sales this week

The Fox Fiona Staples Variant $8.00

Manifest Destiny Ottley Var $9.85

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Phantom Variant #1 $13.50

I have a couple of the Fox variants and hadn't checked on them until now. That is great news. I think everything Fiona is worth buying.

I would think Manifest Destiny will continue to rise. Great cover on a great book (thumbs u

Personal Sales this week

I have a couple of the Fox variants and hadn't checked on them until now. That is great news. I think everything Fiona is worth buying.

I agree with your Fiona Staples assessment. I'm glad ZaCrew brought it up because I have not looked at my Fiona Staples Variant at all.

Personal Sales this week

I agree with your Fiona Staples assessment. I'm glad ZaCrew brought it up because I have not looked at my Fiona Staples Variant at all.

f7c48279ee5653d5e0f55e888a203677_zps5a9bb949.jpg

:headbang: