• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Anything with Rocket Raccoon on it will be HAWT! The kids are gonna love that little critter.

I'm just praying they don't make him hokey like Jar-Jar...

Nothing in our lifetime will ever be as hokey as Jar-Jar, EVAR!!!!

Not sure if these guys win... but they came damn close to Jar-Jar....

trans_skidsmudflap.jpg

For some reason, the RI TMNT covers aren't really selling that well. (Or even the B covers, actually.)

The 1A and 5A are selling well. I wish I could find some more.

Had to go check my boxes. 5B. Stupid alphabet. I did sell a 1D for $30 at the HeroesMiniCon a few weeks ago, though. Of course I also sold a Strain 1 for $10.......

Strain 1 for $10..... :takeit:

These are just the issues I bought originally and sold to my buddy. He's in the middle of a move, so he sold them back to me at a good price. Luckily, Kevin Eastman was cool enough to sign the first 6 issues and draw a little turtle on them.

Anyone have any clue what kind of extra value that would add?

I think signing a comic adds about 5-10 dollars from someone famous like eastmen or hotish...but that can all depend, I got something chadwick signed and I don't think it'll bring 5 bucks, on the other hand I got Wiebi to sign some stuff and it goes up about 5 bucks? The little sketch is known as a 'remark' and it can add an equal amount to the signature 5-10 I would guess....having a full set of something gives you an easier sell and means you can ask for a little more...

I'd try for 125 and titrate the price down...

This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

Just much harder to find than AC #6, for me anyway. In the last year I've had 7 or 8 copies of AC #6 but only 1 of GOTG #1. The GOTG series doesn't get traded in too often at the LCSs, in my area at least

Edited by Lonzilla

Do you think the average collector knows that? Heck, do you think the average comic book reader knows that there are different characters in older books.

Do you think the average collector knows that? Heck, do you think the average comic book reader knows that there are different characters in older books.

If they're in their 40's ;)

[This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

I think this is a common misconception. The team didn't really come together at AC #6.

I have laid it out in more details here with actual screenshots.

Basically, there were 2 teams in AC #6. Half of the GOTG is in one team (Starlord, Racoon and Groot, together with Mantis and Bug) while the rest is in the other (Gamora, Drax and Warlock). There was no team structure present at all in this issue.

[This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

I think this is a common misconception. The team didn't really come together at AC #6.

Basically, there were 2 teams in AC #6. Half of the GOTG is in one team (Starlord, Racoon and Groot, together with Mantis and Bug) while the rest is in the other (Gamora, Drax and Warlock). There was no team structure present at all in this issue.

+1000000000

And here I thought I was the only one who actually read the books. Still don't understand where anyone is getting AC 6 as a first appearance if they actually read it.

Starlords team was a team of criminals held captive by the Kree , also featuring Mr universe as well, forced by the kree on a suicide mission to destroy the towers. Note the blue uniforms, and read AC Starlord #1 for the first modern Groot and Rocket Raccoon meeting/team-up.

The only thing even note worthy in AC 6 is a full page advertisment for GOTG #1, but that is stretching any association of a first appearance.

Preacher #1 is on HELL FIRE INFERNO BURN right now!

#1 at $715 with half a day to go. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Preacher-1-CGC-9-8-/171236654896?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27de7fff30

this is nuts!!!!!!!!

more nuts than you think. No TV show has aired yet, all hype, and you have a $700 book lol

ya know it took 40 years for ASM 129 to become a $700 book?

with the lack of a single coherent "1st team appearance" you'd expect 1st groot, 1st star lord, 1st rocket raccoon etc. to be the ones that really blow up.

+1000000

All of those books will be worth much more than the 1st team appearance IMO

I really think Star Lord's 1st Appearance is a good investment at this point. Its a really obscure book, and I'm pretty sure the movie will center around him despite being an entourage from what I've been reading.

+1000000000

And here I thought I was the only one who actually read the books. Still don't understand where anyone is getting AC 6 as a first appearance if they actually read it.

Starlords team was a team of criminals held captive by the Kree , also featuring Mr universe as well, forced by the kree on a suicide mission to destroy the towers. Note the blue uniforms, and read AC Starlord #1 for the first modern Groot and Rocket Raccoon meeting/team-up.

The only thing even note worthy in AC 6 is a full page advertisment for GOTG #1, but that is stretching any association of a first appearance.

This isn't quite accurate and I do read the comics. In the Epilogue from AC #6 Warlock talks about a venture Starlord want's to speak with him about. These panels show the team members who will be in the 2008 GOTG while Warlock discusses the members. For example the panel where Rocket is restoring Groot. This epilogue leads directly into the splash/advertisement for next month's GOTG #1. If the last page was simply an advert for the GOTG team the I would agree that the regular series issue 1 is the first appearance. Instead we get the evolution of the team to come laid out on one page. The epilogue to Conquest from AC #6 actually serves as a prologue for the formation of this venture of Starlord's- the new GOTG.

Edited by MrWeen