• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Also of note...from Comic Vine...

Regarding speculation regarding Zero from Ales Kot:

CV: With the story continuing past the first arc and what we've seen of Edward Zero's future, do you have an idea how many arcs you have to tell in between?

AK: Yes. At this point, I suspect it will take about three more arcs before the story is over in comics form. It can stretch or contract as I see fit and/or as the story tells me. What matters is I have to be honest in telling it.

Regardless of when ZERO ends in comics form, there is certainly the possibility that he will show up, in a different way, in other media.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-ales-kot-talks-zero-working-with-different-artists-and-the-future-of-the-series/1100-148155/

I'll have to go back and give Zero a second chance. Didn't like it the first read thru.

That being said, I don't think anything came close to EOW in regards to new books of 2013 except the new issue of Sandman, which was BRILLIANT.

I did like: The Wake, M.D (although I guess I'm in the minority to think it's overrated), and a few other titles.

Edited by cujobyte

Just a heads up...White Suits #1 from Dark Horse already sold out online at Midtown.

Has anyone read it? Is it good? (shrug)

Started out nicely, but after they stepped through the teleportation device the artwork and story both dropped IMHO.

I'll have to go back and give Zero a second chance. Didn't like it the first read thru.

That being said, I don't think anything came close to EOW in regards to new books of 2013 except the new issue of Sandman, which was BRILLIANT.

I did like: The Wake, M.D (although I guess I'm in the minority to think it's overrated), and a few other titles.

:hi: well I'm with you! I'm still reading it but I find each issue gets worse. Can't get past the lingo not lining up with the setting lol

This is about as high as I've seen this run of Rat Queens 1-4 and its an auction. I think the book is finally getting some well deserved notice. This is one of my favorite stories in the last several years. It has a permanent spot in the old collection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rat-Queens-1-2-3-4-NM-1st-Prints-LOT-Profile-B-Covers-Wiebe-Upchurch-Image-2013-/310873150621?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item48617bd49d

Zero?

lol, that book sucks, rad issue #1 dropped it right away.

Zero is probably the best title from Image in 2013. EoW is a close 2nd.

Readers dont support that opinion currently

Zero

1 - 20189

2 - 9847

3 - 8340

4 - 8046

5 - 6922

Readers also don't support EoW, Think Tank, and whatever else. Haven't both those print runs been dropping and both are talked up as being some of the best indie work?

East of West

1 49,518

2 41,838

3 39,441

4 43,228

5 36,345

6 33,381

7 32,889

8 31,059

9 29,885

Seems like decent support for East of West to me. (shrug) East of West 5 was selling almost 30,000 copies more than Zero 5.

Decent support for East of West? It makes me sad seeing the numbers decline like that. Hopefully it hovers around the 29k mark.

Don't be too concerned about the dip after #1 on East of West. #1 was heavily promoted by Image and I believe there was a discounted price for retailers. DCBS for example, had #1 for sale for less than $2 if you pre-ordered. I remember I ordered multiplies simply because they were so cheap.

That 30,000 range is fantastic for an indie book. (thumbs u

Meanwhile, Rocket Raccoon and Groot zoom deeper into their adventure as Rocket's secret and slightly crazy origin is revealed! 48 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $4.99.

Annihilators (2011 Marvel) #3A

Annihilators (2011 Marvel) #3B

Worth picking up after seeing this?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/18/the-first-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer/

Meanwhile, Rocket Raccoon and Groot zoom deeper into their adventure as Rocket's secret and slightly crazy origin is revealed! 48 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $4.99.

Annihilators (2011 Marvel) #3A

Annihilators (2011 Marvel) #3B

Worth picking up after seeing this?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/18/the-first-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer/

The variant especially. It has sold for over 100 bucks slabbed. If you can put together a set of variants from all four issues they sell well too. I like the Mignola one.

Edited by darkstar

I like Phantoms because

A) I like alot of the covers

B) I can actually get them for cover when they come out at my LCS that carries them unlike the LCS that has the Ghost variants and rapes you on the price

BTW, the GOTG Phantom variant is a killer cover and always sells well at $15

Edited by Lonzilla

I like Phantoms because

A) I like alot of the covers

B) I can actually get them for cover when they come out at my LCS that carries them unlike the LCS that has the Ghost variants and rapes you on the price

BTW, the GOTG Phantom variant is a killer cover and always sells well at $15

What LCS still carries Phantoms in Philly? I thought Wade's stopped (I haven't been to Wade's since summer though).