• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,834 posts in this topic

I'm excited about Guardians but don't have any faith in any of these books maintaining any steam a week after the movie has been released, unless we see Warlock / Surfer or someone unexpected appear! Only Iron Man 55 will hold due to Destroyer/Thanos dual 1st appearance. I have this feeling Hulk 271 will nose dive faster then Joker's daughter.

I'm excited about Guardians but don't have any faith in any of these books maintaining any steam a week after the movie has been released, unless we see Warlock / Surfer or someone unexpected appear! Only Iron Man 55 will hold due to Destroyer/Thanos dual 1st appearance. I have this feeling Hulk 271 will nose dive faster then Joker's daughter.

Thoughts on first Starlord? Census showing this an increasingly rare book, and from the looks of it Chris Pratt is going to slay as Starlord.

Adam Warlock you say? His cocoon (from his first appearance as Him) has already been seen in stills, and James Gunn may have let info on Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock slip http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/22/did-james-gunn-indirectly-confirm-adam-warlock-and-captain-marvel-in-guardians/ in a podcast interview

Where was it first printed ?

Sorry, was away for a couple of days. I had posted it a while ago and basically got a "who cares, there have only been 5 sales" comment.

Question about Devil's Hopyard. Is it a reprint? Or is it a retelling of the previously released series "Scatterbrain"?

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/15/devils-hopyard-first-appearance/

There were a bunch of copies that mysteriously dried up on eBay and on mycomicshop after the post was put up on the 15th.

I did find out that Devil's Hopyard is a page by page reprint of Scatterbrain.

Walking dead 98 first Dwight has been getting some action lately. He's been a pretty important character in the All Out War and getting some nice face time. Not to mention issue 108 first Ezekiel has been spiking upwards too, then again anything Dead seems to be hot.

Which is why #98 is my speculation choice. Probably a $20 Dollar book if Dwight survives All Out War.

Hopefully board lurkers by those books up and start a fire. :insane:

Watching House of cards has made me excited for the Fantastic Four Movie.

Kate Mara is hot.

Michael B Jordan is one hell of an actor too. If you haven't seen him in the Friday Night Lights TV series, or Fruitvale Station, check them out. I know there's some (completely ridiculous imo) hate on a black Flaming Torch, but color aside they made a great choice.

I'm excited about Guardians but don't have any faith in any of these books maintaining any steam a week after the movie has been released

Who cares?

Guaranteed window of opportunity is now until the movie potentially tanks.

I am a fan of Captain Marvel but the one that is still unfortunately dead in the Marvel Universe. Still can't wrap my hear around how no one has brought him back permanently with a good writer.

I mean they have brought back - Flash, Green Lantern, Bucky, Kraven the Hunter the list goes on, but not one of the best characters with so much potential.

I guess only Ben and Captain Marvel stay dead and maybe Gwen.

I am a fan of Captain Marvel but the one that is still unfortunately dead in the Marvel Universe. Still can't wrap my hear around how no one has brought him back permanently with a good writer.

I mean they have brought back - Flash, Green Lantern, Bucky, Kraven the Hunter the list goes on, but not one of the best characters with so much potential.

I guess only Ben and Captain Marvel stay dead and maybe Gwen.

Yeah but they made a big deal how cancer is the one thing that kills you deader than dead

Canadian Gold Medal game and True Detective on Sunday.

:cloud9:

None of what I write next is appropriate for this threat so I apologize in advance...

Reading the King in Yellow right now! True Detective is the best cop drama I have ever seen to this point. If it ever does veer into the supernatural Cthulhu fans are going to themselves.

http://io9.com/the-secret-history-of-the-book-behind-true-detective-1528254786

There's even a Grant Morrison connection as some of his reoccurring themes are used by the show's writer who is an admitted Morrison fan.

http://keith-the-pokemon-punk.tumblr.com/post/77028937499/true-detective-just-blew-my-tiny-mind

Even the them song is sick, about a cactus that blooms once every 10,000 years and if you watch it unfold you go insane.

Edited by MrWeen