• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Hey Whet, sorry for the dig!! I feel your pain. There are some dealers who you can disclose information to without negative repercussions and some you can't. I typically see the good in everyone but when it comes to buying comics, I kinda lump most dealers into the "can't" category and buy first, disclose second. And disclosure usually only occurs if I am being questioned about a particular purchase. Of course, if you need any tips, my disclosure fee is only $5 per! :devil:lol

Meck

Edited by Meckler

I was at Planet Comic Con talking to a dealer and discussing my website. I told him I was looking for Batman Adventures #16 because I noticed it was heating up. The dealer took the book out of his $5 bin and slapped a $50 price tag on it in front of me. I thought it was humorous because it showed him the value of my website but wow. What a great guy. lol

NEVER tell dealers why you're looking for a book. Let them do their own market research.

NEVER tell dealers why you're looking for a book. Let them do their own market research.

+1

If you want to help them out to let them know they should ask more for a book, that's one thing. If you plan to purchase said book, they are on a need to know basis..

I was at Planet Comic Con talking to a dealer and discussing my website. I told him I was looking for Batman Adventures #16 because I noticed it was heating up. The dealer took the book out of his $5 bin and slapped a $50 price tag on it in front of me. I thought it was humorous because it showed him the value of my website but wow. What a great guy. lol

I even checked your website yesterday morning before leaving for a local comic con. How did I miss that!? Oh well. Now I know. I have another in two weeks.

Edit: Thank you. :headbang:

Edited by Taco

Any speculation on Big Hero 6? I have not heard or read too much about it even though a movie is coming this year.

Yes. Last year.

Almost none of the Alpha Flight V2 #17's on ebay are selling. Its depressing.

I thought this would be more than a $14.99 book by now. :(

Aren't they just starting to release more info on development?

GotG was hot when it was first announced, cooled down a lot (full sets of the 2008 series were going $100-150), and then heated back up when the trailer was released. I would expect the same thing for another movie.

Any speculation on Big Hero 6? I have not heard or read too much about it even though a movie is coming this year.

Yes. Last year.

I believe it's because Alpha Flight #17 is not a key as it was previously thought of. I remember last year, a lot of people thought it was the first appearance of BH6, but it came out in December '98. The real first appearance was Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1 in September '98.

Yes. Last year.

I believe it's because Alpha Flight #17 is not a key as it was previously thought of. I remember last year, a lot of people thought it was the first appearance of BH6, but it came out in December '98. The real first appearance was Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1 in September '98.

Alpha Flight #17 was supposed to be the first appearance, but there was a delay in the title. Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1 was supposed to take place after in the timeline. So who knows how the market will decide.

I just sold The Wake #1-6 for $45. It would be nice if I can list Trillium after it finishes and get a price like that too.

Not too shabby for a mini halfway-ish through.

Guesses: Once the mini is complete (10 issues, I think), will the full set price be better than this ratio of sale/cover?

I just sold The Wake #1-6 for $45. It would be nice if I can list Trillium after it finishes and get a price like that too.

Guesses: Once the mini is complete (10 issues, I think), will the full set price be better than this ratio of sale/cover?

Good question and I don't know the answer. It seems that most but definitely not all series sell for a better markup earlier in the run though there is still some profit left at the end. Superior Spider-man is a good example. I've seen only a couple of the complete sets over 1-25 go for over $100 while I saw many of 1-15 or 1-17 bring just under $100. Its always a guess but its also nice knowing you can read some of the good stuff for free.

Good question and I don't know the answer. It seems that most but definitely not all series sell for a better markup earlier in the run though there is still some profit left at the end. Superior Spider-man is a good example. I've seen only a couple of the complete sets over 1-25 go for over $100 while I saw many of 1-15 or 1-17 bring just under $100. Its always a guess but its also nice knowing you can read some of the good stuff for free.

That's what I thought on Deadpool Kills... -- money early, not later. I sold some 1's and 2's for a good margin, then scrambled to make even on 3 and 4.

Now it turns out the whole series is selling for crazy prices. Go figure.

Edited by manetteska