• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Captain America #14 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 26 watchers. Apparently people are digging this and issue #6

Suicide Squad #1 because of Harley Quinn is getting $26. Pretty impressive really.

I think it probably has as much to do with the Arrow TV series introducing the Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn. She certainly doesn't hurt the series.

You know, for the first time today I saw a auction for Green Lantern #76 mentioning the arrow reference more so than the groundbreaking work of the book itself. I was just beside myself. The times are changing..

lol

True. I have 1 kid glued to the TV everytime Arrow comes on. I like it because it has the Spartacus actor, Crixus as Slade. (thumbs u

Captain America #14 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 26 watchers. Apparently people are digging this and issue #6

Suicide Squad #1 because of Harley Quinn is getting $26. Pretty impressive really.

I think it probably has as much to do with the Arrow TV series introducing the Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn. She certainly doesn't hurt the series.

You know, for the first time today I saw a auction for Green Lantern #76 mentioning the arrow reference more so than the groundbreaking work of the book itself. I was just beside myself. The times are changing..

lol

True. I have 1 kid glued to the TV everytime Arrow comes on. I like it because it has the Spartacus actor, Crixus as Slade. (thumbs u

THAT'S where I've seen him from. It never clicked until you just said that! FAIL on my part.... :sorry:

I'm actually pretty surprised there's as much interest as there appears to be in the New 52 Harley Quinn. The original costume and character are just such a classic look already. This current version is just so-so for me.

lol

THAT'S where I've seen him from. It never clicked until you just said that! FAIL on my part.... :sorry:

I didn't figure it out right away either. He seems very different but I like him in both shows.

Why has Marvel Divas #1 not heated up at all in the JSC craze? If Ultimate Spider-man #152 was $$$ a few weeks ago I don't see how this cover is not.

(I don't own any copies. I'm just asking.)

Why has Marvel Divas #1 not heated up at all in the JSC craze? If Ultimate Spider-man #152 was $$$ a few weeks ago I don't see how this cover is not.

(I don't own any copies. I'm just asking.)

Something far more sinister...

the black hole of stupidity....most people just don't know about that one....

I know we discussed the Supergirl (1996) 1 3rd printing some time ago, but what about the 2nd print? I didnt see any on ebay or CCL and MCS only has a CGC 9.0 for $90. I puled one out of my misc box today.

EDIT : NOT A CGC. Raw 9.0 for $90. Surely not?!?

Edited by TAFKADixie

I know we discussed the Supergirl (1996) 1 3rd printing some time ago, but what about the 2nd print? I didnt see any on ebay or CCL and MCS only has a CGC 9.0 for $90. I puled one out of my misc box today.

EDIT : NOT A CGC. Raw 9.0 for $90. Surely not?!?

it's also a consignment item tho. MCS always lists consignment items at ridiculous prices, usually like 100000x more than they're worth. Books worth $10 will be listed as consignment items for $40.

it's also a consignment item tho. MCS always lists consignment items at ridiculous prices, usually like 100000x more than they're worth. Books worth $10 will be listed as consignment items for $40.

$10=40 close to 100,000 x I like that math

Edited by ygogolak

i figured with that many zeros, it'd be obvious i was exaggerating. has anyone here ever bought one of MCS's consignment items? i assume they sell some, but i can't understand how.

i figured with that many zeros, it'd be obvious i was exaggerating. has anyone here ever bought one of MCS's consignment items? i assume they sell some, but i can't understand how.

Doesnt the owner set the price they want to sell at, not MCS, when consigning?

I believe so. You ship the book to them also.

Correct.

I have purchased a consignment book from MCS before. Saw it on eBay - at a decent price - then went to their website and bought it 10% cheaper. However, there is still a 3% "buyer's premium" on top of that.

That part I don't understand, though I don't run an auction house. So I am being charged 3% to buy an item from MCS who in turn charges the seller for selling an item through them? Double-dipping?

Correct.

I have purchased a consignment book from MCS before. Saw it on eBay - at a decent price - then went to their website and bought it 10% cheaper. However, there is still a 3% "buyer's premium" on top of that.

That part I don't understand, though I don't run an auction house. So I am being charged 3% to buy an item from MCS who in turn charges the seller for selling an item through them? Double-dipping?

That's typical for an auction house. Someone brings them their stuff to sell and the auction house gets a percentage of the sales. They buyer also pays a fee (usually 3-4%). The local auction house by me charges 4% with a 4% discount for cash, so no fee for cash sales.

Edited by ygogolak

Correct.

It is cheaper than other auction sites and they don't charge Sale Tax. 13% added to the total is for the storage fee (as long as you want). Other auction sites make you wait longer to receive books since they are not in possession of the books. MCS shipping is relatively cheap for raw or slabs if you buy an inexpensive book.