• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The Charles Soule SS is hard. Only because he's never at his booth.

He had these cool Swamp Thing posters as C2E2 but he was never at his booth when I went. :(

Yeah. Emezy tried to get some stuff signed for me at NYCC last year. No luck but I got megacool EoW stuff. Maybe this year ? lol

He had these cool Swamp Thing posters as C2E2 but he was never at his booth when I went. :(

Yeah. Emezy tried to get some stuff signed for me at NYCC last year. No luck but I got megacool EoW stuff. Maybe this year ? lol

i will make it my mission to get that for you this year.

Haha. You took care of me last year (and today with Southern Bastards). That was freaking great ! (thumbs u

Haha. You took care of me last year (and today with Southern Bastards). That was freaking great ! (thumbs u

anytime bud you have been a great friend.

I'm going to predict...

Deathmate Black Deathmate Black: Gold Variant

As a book to keep any eye on :)

Not sure why you are recommending this book but I fixed it for you despite your reason! :)

First Gen 13, and I agree, the Gold Variant is the one you want.

They both are the ones to get, You aren't going to find Ultimate Spider-Man 1 sitting in the quarter box while everyone runs out and grabs the white cover...same thing.

This is not a good comparison. I suspect the print run for Deathmate black and its variant were much higher than Ultimate Spider-Man 1. You will find a ton of those black covers littering Valiant long boxes all over the country. People know it's Gen13's first but there are so many that no one cares. The black cover isn't worth much now and really wasn't back then. I don't know the print run of the gold but if I saw one in the wild I would rescue it from a dollar bin.

I'm also confused as to why anyone is even talking about it. Has some upstart, nothing of a studio optioned Gen13?

Deathmate Black Gold imo is so undervalued it's ridiculous. Say what you want Gen13 was a sh it hot property back then and to me this book deserves more than a reboot. It's worthy of it for sure. DC is not doing any favors by pushing some of the unique characters that it got in the Wildstorm merger. It is really depressing to see them push the same tired old @ss characters over and over again. If it ain't Batman and everyone under his umbrella DC is irrelevant. DC needs to push Gen13! Funny thing imo they just do not seem to fit in their universe.

Wow - amazing!!!!!!!! But, it's SyFy. Not so amazing...

I LOVED the concept of PAX ROMANA, but I felt the series itself was disappointing, but that's because the epic scope of the premise was choked by the limited page count. A well-done TV series could do it justice, as could a novel...

Edited by voorhees

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

Obviously you haven't read Letter 44.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I'm sure Walking Dead is in the listing because the same production company "Circle of Confusion" is attached to it for the tv option

I'm sure Walking Dead is in the listing because the same production company "Circle of Confusion" is attached to it for the tv option

Thanks ! (thumbs u

Letter 44 is a very cool story. How many issues have you read ?

I was instantly hooked. One of the strongest 1st issues I've read. Have read up to #4 or 5, and am still loving it.

Not his job, not his prob, he was probably going to the warehouse ......

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

Obviously you haven't read Letter 44.

The first issue almost felt like the first couple episodes of the show "The Event" (which wasn't bad, but wasn't great, although I did enjoy watching it.)