• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I have a feeling this is only the beginning. The enthusiasm for this book at cons is impressive, and sales numbers on initial orders of TPB 1 rivaled that of the issue 1 print run...and the first print immediately sold out.

Awesome news!

Besides Jimmy and Ranx, are there any other Canadian bay sellers on the forum. I'm always looking for local dealers in the know. Cheaper shipping. What can I say.

Just thought I'd ask.

MD

I sell from time to time. I bring in a lot, but haven't sold much of it yet. PM me if there's specific stuff you're looking for. If you're close, pick-ups are even cheaper (thumbs u

Thanks!

P.S I'm in Toronto.

Still have yet to see an Image #1 book not sell out weather it is good or bad, they still sell out no matter what.

Sorry, I should clarify: The first print run of the TPB sold out immediately, and from what I understand the print run was roughly 20k.

Booyakasha!

Initially, the solicit didn't interest me. I don't really go in for sword and sorcery/D & D type comics. Bought a bunch just for the investment (including the Staple variant!)

Decided to read the 1st one, and immediately put it on my regular order list.

It's pretty well written, pretty humourus, etc.

Glad I kept picking up #1's, 2's and 3's when I saw them :banana:

Edited by Dukes40

Booyakasha!

Initially, the solicit didn't interest me. I don't really go in for sword and sorcery/D & D type comics. Bought a bunch just for the investment (including the Staple variant!)

Decided to read the 1st one, and immediately put it on my regular order list.

It's pretty well written, pretty humourus, etc.

Glad I kept picking up #1's, 2's and 3's when I saw them :banana:

:banana:

best guess: roughly 2000

Only 60 total at 9.8... for a 2000 print run that is really small. And the variant seems to sell between 80-100 in 9.8. Surprised more have not been graded.

Yeah..it could be a bit less than that, as they were 1:10, and some retailers might now have even ordered 10 copies. In most cases, though, that's such a low threshold that I would expect it to be pretty close to 10% of the total print run.

You know Wiebe had a little stack of them...great guy by the way...(he deserves to make some money off them)

But it's like that 1:10 of crytozoic man....where those guys had hundreds and flooded ebay with them...they got the extras...

So I think they are PRINTING 1 for every 10 of them....that would make the number a little higher right?

Stuff that seems to have the market's attention at the moment:

Forever Evil #1 3D @ $66 & 17 bids.

Dective Comics #27 1:100 Variant @ $61 & 22 bids.

Saga Mexican Edition Variant #1 @ $23 & 9 bids.

And a buzz that's been generating for Letter #44

Leter 44 #1 9.8 @ $55 & 13 bids. More examples of this on the lyria homepage really.

Edited by whetteon

Leter 44 #1 9.8 @ $55 & 13 bids. More examples of this on the lyria homepage really.

that Saga listing includes a copy of #1 1st print

I thought I might have been able to snag the Saga cheap...not anymore. :P