• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I'm surprised the eager beaver bidders haven't already got this thing up over $200.00, honestly.

Considering the only way that book got graded in one day is through walk through service which is $150 minimum, plus book cost, plus sig cost

That book cost the seller $200 easily ( unless there are things going on we don't have information about )

If it sells for less than $300, its a failure in my mind.

The notation is what sets the book apart, that is what will sell the book.

The notation is where CGC went wrong.

It's exactly the same thing as the Stan Lee Birthday signature book, most likely by the same group of people.

Edited by Silverdream

I'm surprised the eager beaver bidders haven't already got this thing up over $200.00, honestly.

Considering the only way that book got graded in one day is through walk through service which is $150 minimum, plus book cost, plus sig cost

That book cost the seller $200 easily ( unless there are things going on we don't have information about )

It's exactly the same thing as the Stan Lee Birthday signature book, most likely by the same group of people.

this is the type of special treatment that loses you clients.

If I pay enough $$ can I get special label notation so I can upsell my books on feebay for major $$? Doubt it.

This is what I was getting at last night with my questions.

It could be a pre-sale but nowhere in the listing does it mention "will ship when I get back" and the picture looks pretty legit (i.e. not a photoshop of the raw comic with CGC on top). Though the 3/15 date at the top is interesting.

Something is afoot and it smells like garbage.

Edited by manetteska

At shows, I "ALWAYS" sell to CGC booth employees at shows...

It's "ALWAYS" volatile books...

I sold a lot of 1:50 Ross covers to a Florida address.

Just sayin...

Interesting. I thought CGC had a policy against employees buying and selling comics, or at least CGC-slabbed books. Or something like that to avoid a conflict of interest like this strange "1st Day" 9.8 listing. :eek:(tsk)(shrug)