• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I was at the CGC booth at SDCC last year and one of the girls was talking about getting to the Archie booth to grab the Afterlife exclusive before it sold out.

But it sounded like she just wanted one for herself.

I'm not a dealer/seller, and not near as knowledgeable about this stuff as you guys, and I'm confused as hell about the whole thing.

The notation, the 03/15 date, everything you all have pointed out.

People compare this to a Stan Lee signing that happened, but I do not know the details of that. Is it the same seller?

As far as CGC employees go, I guarantee they are not allowed to sell books themselves.

I could be wrong, but it seems like a huge conflict of interest....

I'm surprised the eager beaver bidders haven't already got this thing up over $200.00, honestly.

Considering the only way that book got graded in one day is through walk through service which is $150 minimum, plus book cost, plus sig cost

That book cost the seller $200 easily ( unless there are things going on we don't have information about )

If it sells for less than $300, its a failure in my mind.

The notation is what sets the book apart, that is what will sell the book.

The notation is where CGC went wrong.

It's exactly the same thing as the Stan Lee Birthday signature book, most likely by the same group of people.

This is what I was getting at last night with my questions.

It could be a pre-sale but nowhere in the listing does it mention "will ship when I get back" and the picture looks pretty legit (i.e. not a photoshop of the raw comic with CGC on top). Though the 3/15 date at the top is interesting.

Something is afoot and it smells like garbage.

That is the actual book, no question in my mind. It is not a pre-sale. The seller has it in hand.

The 3/15 date is just Marvel dating their books 2 months ahead like they have done for decades. I thought they stopped doing that recently, but I guess not.

Sure looks absurd on the slab though!

Before we get ahead of ourselves. The problem here isn't really how fast the books were graded. If they paid for walkthrough, then that's fine.

The problem is the Notation. It's not something they " sell " as a service.

I have to assume these books would not have been submitted using walkthrough without prior understanding that this notation would be on there. It wouldn't be worth it without it. It was part of the deal, and that's the problem.

Lets not go down a road about CGC employees, as I don't think that has anything to do with this. Well, besides the high ups that made the call for this notation.

Edit: What I'm saying is that this isn't an inside job where a few cgc employees hooked each other up with a sweet notation. There is no reason for a conspiracy theory.

CGC ponied up a special notation, to make a few grand on these submissions and to make a large submitter happy. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Stan Lee birthday book was ASM 700 SS with a notation that said " signed on Stan Lee's 90th birthday"

There are others out there with a 91st birthday notation

Edited by Silverdream

Figured i'd mention that Mortal Kombat X # 1 was released last week and because of all the Star Wars hype it didnt get much attention. It seems like its already going for 2nd print as the 1st sold out. MK has a huge following, Blood & Thunder #1 was always a good seller for me so I picked up a few of the black cover variants.. I think they will do well

Humans #0 has seen a significant increase of late. Was normally $20-$25 and just had a raw sale at $56 bids.

nice attempt at a pump....

I'm not seeing it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_nkw=humans+%230

I know a lot of boardies are invested, but the second print of the first print thing blows.

( the series certainly hasn't caught on with readers )

That was a high sale, but it was bidding war between two bidders. Look at the bid history.

All other sales are $20-25 from what I can see.

I got sucked in to the zero & split Forbidden / Jetpack w my Phantom brothers.

believe me.

I wish it was "on the rise"

I was going to bid on the Humans 0 slabbed, but once it hit $75 I was out. I love the series, there's not enough decent old school style underground books in the Freak Brothers / R Crumb category these days

Humans #0 has seen a significant increase of late. Was normally $20-$25 and just had a raw sale at $56 bids.

I'm not seeing it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_nkw=humans+%230

I know a lot of boardies are invested, but the second print of the first print thing blows.

I sold one for $24 last week and one for $30 a few days ago...

I'm not seeing it.

I sold one for $24 last week and one for $30 a few days ago...

Oh that's what that windbag was saying? Had him on ignore. lol

I'd safely say that it's because of her 1st appearance, They have been selling regularly for $25-$40 for a while now, With the casting news of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage it couldn't hurt the interest.

It's the an*l sex scene that's heating that book up ;)

By the way wasn't her first appearance retconned into ASM 4?