• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I like ten dollar bills.

If you have a brick & mortar, sure. Most on here do not. If you are selling a modern for $10 including shipping you must not value your time.

You don't have to buy and sell one book at a time :gossip:

:applause:

BTW, I would never try to take a book with a $4 cover price and try to flip it for $10 including shipping.

-slym

Sure...You're only interested in the BIG score.

I take whatever the market sends my way, & have no problem with smaller sales.

My bread & butter since 1988.

( I like bigger plays too, but this is what it is )

This line of discussion was specifically excluding you (see yogolak's post quoted at the top), so...cool story, bro.

Absolutely Bra.....

I like ten dollar bills.

If you have a brick & mortar, sure. Most on here do not. If you are selling a modern for $10 including shipping you must not value your time.

BTW, I would never try to take a book with a $4 cover price and try to flip it for $10 including shipping.

-slym

This line of discussion was specifically excluding you (see yogolak's post quoted at the top), so...cool story, bro.

Absolutely Bra.....

Do you have time to tell it again?

I like ten dollar bills.

-slym

Absolutely Bra.....

Do you have time to tell it again?

Yes.

I like ten dollar bills.

Not at all. I mean, if I am paying $4 for a book (I don't have a Diamond account) then I am surely not going to sell it for $10 including shipping. I would sell it for $10 + $3-4 for shipping on top.

That's all I meant.

:shrug:

-slym

I like ten dollar bills.

Not at all. I mean, if I am paying $4 for a book (I don't have a Diamond account) then I am surely not going to sell it for $10 including shipping. I would sell it for $10 + $3-4 for shipping on top.

That's all I meant.

:shrug:

-slym

For the record...

I charge $4 shipping for a single comic

I'll get a $10 bill for it in a month...

it might be beneath your interest, but not mine.

I like ten dollar bills.

No one is buying these as a 30 year investment

Um, the people buying them for $10+ are. Why else would you buy some of the stuff at what it sells for? (Sleepwalker, cough cough)

Maybe the market has passed you by old man :baiting:

For the record...

I charge $4 shipping for a single comic

I used to charge $3.50, but that barely covers the postage itself. I also charge $4 for 1st Class shipping now, and can get 1 or 2 comics in the parcel for that price and it just covers all expenses.

(thumbs u

-slym

I like ten dollar bills.

Um, the people buying them for $10+ are. Why else would you buy some of the stuff at what it sells for? (Sleepwalker, cough cough)

Huh? I actually have a job. I may flip a few comics on the side though.

If you're going to an LCS and buying a $4 comic and selling it for $10 on eBay INCLUDING shipping your profit is $1.32 if you are listing BIN. Add $2.79 to your profit if shipping is on top. A whopping $4.11 minus whatever gas it cost you to and from the shop. So what is your time worth?

BTW, nobody has to pay cover, we can all get Larry prices. It's called pre-ordering. 30-50% off cover.

IDK how you guys get any comics in a first class package under 13 oz. I've tried one book the way I pack and it is already over the weight limit for first class. More power to you if you can do it though.

I think you answered your own dilemma. I actually dislike packages that are wrapped and taped to the gills. Just as much of a chance of damaging it trying to get it open. You shouldn't be forced to use a knife to open a paper good.

IDK how you guys get any comics in a first class package under 13 oz. I've tried one book the way I pack and it is already over the weight limit for first class. More power to you if you can do it though.

I think you answered your own dilemma. I actually dislike packages that are wrapped and taped to the gills. Just as much of a chance of damaging it trying to get it open. You shouldn't be forced to use a knife to open a paper good.

Without properly taping bubble wrap around the cardboard pancake and then using packing tape on the outside I cringe at what shipping methods people would use and how many damaged comics would be showing up. Not to mention how the handling of packages are lately. A knife is a must to open a fully protected shipment. 2c

I like ten dollar bills.

If you're going to an LCS and buying a $4 comic and selling it for $10 on eBay INCLUDING shipping your profit is $1.32 if you are listing BIN. Add $2.79 to your profit if shipping is on top. A whopping $4.11 minus whatever gas it cost you to and from the shop. So what is your time worth?

BTW, nobody has to pay cover, we can all get Larry prices. It's called pre-ordering. 30-50% off cover.

You need talent to pre-order properly.

Most wait until book sell out to seek it out...

I like ten dollar bills.

I'm just messing with, I was referring to the 30 year investment comment. That was what you said to me when I was agast over the crazy prices paid for Shazam 28. ;) Edited by Mike's Rack

no backs or boards or padding, just an envelope and a comic.

Without properly taping bubble wrap around the cardboard pancake and then using packing tape on the outside I cringe at what shipping methods people would use and how many damaged comics would be showing up. Not to mention how the handling of packages are lately. A knife is a must to open a fully protected shipment. 2c

I guess, cardboard sandwich with the book taped to the card then the two boards taped works perfectly fine if you have an inch border on all sides.

I'm just messing with, I was referring to the 30 year investment comment. That was what you said to me when I was agast over the crazy prices paid for Shazam 28. ;)

Haha, been waiting with one in the chamber for this long? :foryou:

I get mine at or under 13 oz. and not only never have had a problem, but unless someone takes some time and tries to damage the parcel, never will. I have had lots of practice.

Using double-thick cardboard is as good as a box by itself!

:)

-slym