• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I think sellers are keeping them bagged so they can claim ignorance about the grade.

Sellers keep them in bags so they can type on their listings: NEVER OPENED!!!!!

NEVER OPENED GEM MINT to be exact.

I have a few bagged Spider Man #1 which Mcfarlane signed ON THE BAG back in the day.. Its cool cause if one day these will be worth any money I can always unbag them.. Sell the bag and slab the book

I kid

I know she has been mention before but eosv # 2 raw 9.2 just sold for $305 .

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=27100886

I still remember when Edge of Spider-Verse #2 first came out. I liked the regular cover much better so I bought 5 of those and avoided the variant. I just didn't like the art, well, because her head was so damned big. I was thinking "Who would want that?". Slight error in judgement.

:facepalm:

I know she has been mention before but eosv # 2 raw 9.2 just sold for $305 .

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=27100886

I still remember when Edge of Spider-Verse #2 first came out. I liked the regular cover much better so I bought 5 of those and avoided the variant. I just didn't like the art, well, because her head was so damned big. I was thinking "Who would want that?". Slight error in judgement.

:facepalm:

If it is any consolation, I think you have good taste?

Well, Hastings had three copies of the Frozen comic. I'm not really a speculator, but I grabbed all three of them.

Went to a store today and they had like 30 of them. This is a very less traveled to store by most in the area, so in the morning I'm gonna swing back by and grab like 5 I think.

The frozen books aren't really selling for that much.

...not yet. ;)

I'm thinking this isn't a title that most comic shops would order so hopefully they'll start heating up. Anyone know the print run?

It retells the whole movie so I'm sure a lot of people will want it.

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

...not yet. ;)

I'm thinking this isn't a title that most comic shops would order so hopefully they'll start heating up. Anyone know the print run?

This is definitely not a "heating up" book.. Even when there were only a few listings yesterday at 15-20.00 no one bought them.. No one wants to invest in this because its a different market.

And who's Joe Books anyway???

This kinda reminds me of the first time that I heard about Valiant back in the 90s lol

It all started with Nintendo, before you know it Valiant had 50 titles all over the market

Only scenario I see a small uptick in the frozen books is if the super Frozen fans, mainly parents hear the kids bugging them for one and they look on ebay. That may take a while but being the movie in a one shot comic doesn't bode well. I'd guess many people are all Frozen out.

I picked up a few, worse case scenario I will have nice Frozen comics to put in my daughters birthday party goodie bags.

Keep your eyes on that amazing spider man #14 Phil Noto variant.. Theyre selling like crazy for 5-10 currently, but they are slowly dwindling, yesterday there were 50+ BINs today only 12.. My LCSs had them for cover yesterday.. No Mas today.. My prediction is that this will be a 20-30 book by next month.. could be wrong, but a good cover lasts a long time

Yeah... I was a little confused about Frozen... I know tons of books that have low print runs nd didn't get ordered... I see them in the 1.00 bins all the time... But then again... Disney collectors can be fanatics... That's what you have to hope for I guess... Somehow they catch wind of a low run one shot that's hard to find...

...not yet. ;)

This is definitely not a "heating up" book.. Even when there were only a few listings yesterday at 15-20.00 no one bought them.. No one wants to invest in this because its a different market.

This kinda reminds me of the first time that I heard about Valiant back in the 90s lol

It all started with Nintendo, before you know it Valiant had 50 titles all over the market

Oh shoot!

Thank you for reminding me of who Joe Books is.

So the Darkwing Duck book, they took the original books published by Boom and had the ORIGINAL creator (who hasn't worked in comics for 20 years?) REWRITE / DRAW three or four issues so it keeps getting pulled back and now all the original creators of the book don't want anything to do with the book.

...not yet. ;)

Oh shoot!

Thank you for reminding me of who Joe Books is.

So the Darkwing Duck book, they took the original books published by Boom and had the ORIGINAL creator (who hasn't worked in comics for 20 years?) REWRITE / DRAW three or four issues so it keeps getting pulled back and now all the original creators of the book don't want anything to do with the book.

I think that the only time I enjoy hearing the words pulled back are in the comic biz

Yeah... I was a little confused about Frozen... I know tons of books that have low print runs nd didn't get ordered... I see them in the 1.00 bins all the time... But then again... Disney collectors can be fanatics... That's what you have to hope for I guess... Somehow they catch wind of a low run one shot that's hard to find...

Probably because of what Figment did.

Keep your eyes on that amazing spider man #14 Phil Noto variant.. Theyre selling like crazy for 5-10 currently, but they are slowly dwindling, yesterday there were 50+ BINs today only 12.. My LCSs had them for cover yesterday.. No Mas today.. My prediction is that this will be a 20-30 book by next month.. could be wrong, but a good cover lasts a long time

I count 16 BINS (+3 more international) and 24 total on eBay right now, but still about 25 sales over the last 3-4 days.... it was an incentive (Exceed 100% of orders for Amazinging Spider-Man #10 - order all you want of it), so there's no telling how many copies of it are out there.... but t's a cool cover.