• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

why is Thor #165 now?

Because some people regard it as the 1st appearance of Adam Warlock, though it's years before the concept of Adam Warlock was even thought of. Go with Marvel Premiere #1

and now, back to moderns heating up...

why is Thor #165 now?

Because some people regard it as the 1st appearance of Adam Warlock, though it's years before the concept of Adam Warlock was even thought of. Go with Marvel Premiere #1

It's the first (full) appearance of the character. Whether the character evolved or not doesn't change that fact.

The first appearance of Hank McCoy is X-Men #1. That he became "furry beast" in Amazing Adventures #11 doesn't change that.

why is Thor #165 now?

It's the first (full) appearance of the character. Whether the character evolved or not doesn't change that fact.

The first appearance of Hank McCoy is X-Men #1. That he became "furry beast" in Amazing Adventures #11 doesn't change that.

But Hank McCoy was always a mutant and a member of The X-Men, that part didn't change when he got furry.

Better example might be the 1st appearance of Jean Grey / Marvel Girl is X-Men #1 yet X-Men 101 is the 1st appearance of Phoenix, as noted as such on CGC labels

Lee & Kirby's caveman and Roy Thomas's and later Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock are essential 2 completely different characters, or 3 different characters if you prefer

why is Thor #165 now?

But Hank McCoy was always a mutant and a member of The X-Men, that part didn't change when he got furry.

Better example might be the 1st appearance of Jean Grey / Marvel Girl is X-Men #1 yet X-Men 101 is the 1st appearance of Phoenix, as noted as such on CGC labels

Lee & Kirby's caveman and Roy Thomas's and later Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock are essential 2 completely different characters, or 3 different characters if you prefer

+1 (thumbs u

I wish All New X-Men #1 would get 2x cover.....Hey, that's the 1st appearance of secretly gay Bobby..... hm

Not counting all that last 50 years of x-men junk, assuming it's a different timeline.

Edited by krighton

I'm curious what the CGC notation will be for it. Anyone want to give me $25 to find out at WW Philly?

Couldn't I just wait til Monday after and look on ebay?

whoops? did I blow up your spot?

I wish All New X-Men #1 would get 2x cover.....Hey, that's the 1st appearance of secretly gay Bobby..... hm

Not counting all that last 50 years of x-men junk, assuming it's a different timeline.

Applying your logic from GI Joe and the death of Snake Eyes here, wouldn't the X-Men book read cameo of full gay Iceman (Bobby Drake) with the first full appearance being reserved for whenever he is shown kissing another man for the first time?

Applying your logic from GI Joe and the death of Snake Eyes here, wouldn't the X-Men book read cameo of full gay Iceman (Bobby Drake) with the first full appearance being reserved for whenever he is shown kissing another man for the first time?

We will have to wait for the CGC label on this book as well. lol

Apparently Iceman will come out of the closet, or be dragged out by Jean Grey in All-New X-Men #40.

http://io9.com/one-of-the-original-x-men-has-come-out-as-gay-1699181445?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

This is why I get less Marvel books and soon will not be picking up any new issues. Diversity for the sake of diversity for the sake of saying hey look we are all championing diversity is incredibly fake. WTG Marvel. (shrug)

So the lack of diversity for forty-plus years was what, real?

I think he's saying they're forcing it, rather than doing what Archie Comics did, which was to introduce a gay character.

That’s what natevegas meant – and aside from this this is offensive regardless.

Also, if you introduce a character supporting a highly controversial topic, an ideologic stance, you have to be a really good writer to do so – political correctness is not just offensive, it also brings an element of unlikeliness to the narration. Really poor writing.

They could have a various set of notations, like "cameo" and "first full"...

"First appearance questioning Iceman."

"First appearance bi-curious Iceman (cameo)"

"First full appearance bi-curious Iceman"

"First appearance out of the closet Iceman."

hm

Hey, it's a process, right...?

Imagine the nerd wars over which is most important!

:D