• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I've derailed my first thread here talking about boxing supplies.

Sorry.......

So what else is HOT that just came out?

Justice League #40 is the 1st appearanc fo Darkseids daughter, and the start of a war with the Anti-Monitor.

Chrononauts is still doing well.

Red just blew our minds and went back to 92 Image Release schedule....2 books er year!?!?!?

Batman 40...Obviously....Combo Packs next week.

FCBD tomorrow, and my LCS got a weird Spanish Inhumans FCBD. Not sure 100% which human torch but it looks like Johnny Storm is joining the Inhumans.

Sorry.......

Justice League #40 is the 1st appearanc fo Darkseids daughter, and the start of a war with the Anti-Monitor.

Now how crazy is this book going to get?

Justice-League-40-Spoilers-Preview-2.jpg

Sorry.......

lets keep it on the DL, I was planning on doing some swooping.

Sorry.......

lets keep it on the DL, I was planning on doing some swooping.

lololol I kept it on the DL till I got notice from my LCS just now that they got me covered lol

People...let's not be openly bragging about ripping off the USPS.

I know nothing is going to stop those of you from doing it, but let's not be quite so brazen about it, huh?

Nothing wrong with recycling USED material.

Everything wrong with using FREE material, unused, for your own non-Priority/Express mailing or other purposes.

meh

I am sure it also contributes to the USPS going in the red every single year. I know we would all be screwed if the USPS ceased to exist or didn't provide free priority packaging anymore. Just pay for the Priority Mail service or use old boxes that came to you, diamond mailers, Uline boxes/mailers or something else if you are going first class.

We would ALL be screwed, indeed. 49 cent letters? Gone. $5 Priority packages? Gone. $20 overnight packages? Gone.

Those who have priced UPS and FedEx for their services will understand. Not everyone gets a corporate discount, either, and if the USPS vanishes, so will those.

Then you'll be paying $300 for your overnight package.

Nope another private sector company will easily take USPS place and do the job faster and more reliable to boot. 2c

No.

The USPS is subsidized by the Federal Gov't. Just because the USPS does not get direct tax dollars does not mean that it doesn't get all sorts of favorable positions not granted a private sector company, such as favorable loan rates, exclusive access to residential and business mailboxes, and the like.

Faster, yes. More reliable, yes.

Cheaper? Nope. Not unless those same advantages are given to these private sector companies.

I know nothing is going to stop those of you from doing it, but let's not be quite so brazen about it, huh?

Everything wrong with using FREE material, unused, for your own non-Priority/Express mailing or other purposes.

meh

I am sure it also contributes to the USPS going in the red every single year. I know we would all be screwed if the USPS ceased to exist or didn't provide free priority packaging anymore. Just pay for the Priority Mail service or use old boxes that came to you, diamond mailers, Uline boxes/mailers or something else if you are going first class.

They're actually not in the red every year. They were in the red a couple years because Congress forced them to fund their workers pensions for the next 40 years. No company would turn a profit having to do that. The post office makes money hand over fist and don't let anybody tell you different. I've worked for them as a second job for years and the least of their worries is the materials in the front lobby. They wouldn't offer the materials if they didn't want them to be used. A lot of people go with USPS because of that fact. I don't know how many times I've delivered a medium flat rate box that's covered in newspapers so they don't have to pay priority rates.

meh

We would ALL be screwed, indeed. 49 cent letters? Gone. $5 Priority packages? Gone. $20 overnight packages? Gone.

Those who have priced UPS and FedEx for their services will understand. Not everyone gets a corporate discount, either, and if the USPS vanishes, so will those.

Then you'll be paying $300 for your overnight package.

Nope another private sector company will easily take USPS place and do the job faster and more reliable to boot. 2c

No.

The USPS is subsidized by the Federal Gov't. Just because the USPS does not get direct tax dollars does not mean that it doesn't get all sorts of favorable positions not granted a private sector company, such as favorable loan rates, exclusive access to residential and business mailboxes, and the like.

Faster, yes. More reliable, yes.

Cheaper? Nope. Not unless those same advantages are given to these private sector companies.

other advantages include huge tax discounts on FUEL, lower salary employees, discounts on rent (not all facilities are federally owned, but I'm sure many of them are), not so mention 'privileges' for international shipping that private companies don't get.

Read Secret Wars #0 (FCBD) and #1 today. Starts off with a bang.

So, any thoughts on which cover to by for this series? Seems like there are more and more every day.

So many store variants ect, that this is unanswerable. If ratios give any clues than the 1:100 variant or the highest they offer.

Welcome to modern Speculation. Buy them all,dump for twice what you paid.

Read Secret Wars #0 (FCBD) and #1 today. Starts off with a bang.

So, any thoughts on which cover to by for this series? Seems like there are more and more every day.

This'll be a good one for me: SECRET WARS #1 (OF 8) ZDARSKY PARTY SKETCH VAR

though I imagine, these will be in demand:

STK669571.jpg

meh

They're actually not in the red every year. They were in the red a couple years because Congress forced them to fund their workers pensions for the next 40 years. No company would turn a profit having to do that. The post office makes money hand over fist and don't let anybody tell you different. I've worked for them as a second job for years and the least of their worries is the materials in the front lobby. They wouldn't offer the materials if they didn't want them to be used. A lot of people go with USPS because of that fact. I don't know how many times I've delivered a medium flat rate box that's covered in newspapers so they don't have to pay priority rates.

Most people aren't aware of this. Before it happened the Post Office was fine. It didn't cost taxpayers anything, because it made it's money back.

Lobbyists from UPS and Fed Ex have been pushing fro years to have the Post Office eliminated for one reason alone: So they can charge you more money. Plain and simple.

meh

Most people aren't aware of this. Before it happened the Post Office was fine. It didn't cost taxpayers anything, because it made it's money back.

Lobbyists from UPS and Fed Ex have been pushing fro years to have the Post Office eliminated for one reason alone: So they can charge you more money. Plain and simple.

Not only are we off-topic, but we're on the cusp of violating the no politics rule now. (Not that I'm disagreeing with the accurate facts stated here.)

Is Justice League #40 the 1st appearance of Darkseid's daughter?

That's what people are saying

Cool.

Wait......is it just a cameo? Or is it the first full appearance? Will it be recognized without her on the cover? lol