• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

You people make it really, really hard to not want to go out and buy new books on spec.

meh

Dark side, indeed.

Yes they do but the "used car sales" feeling also accompanies the idea of hitting the LCS.

Has anyone read or looked through Batman 40?

Doesn't look like he or joker died to me. I see the two of them laying there with the bat cave collapsing on them.

No death, no squished bodies. Just a cliffhanger.

So, I can get multiple copies of Batman #40 and #40 Mask Movie variant from a couple of stores. Is it worth it? There are no limits and both stores are well stocked.

Yeah, and get a couple of each for me while you're at it. :baiting:

lol

Is it really that hard to find elsewhere? I may have to snag some more after work then.

Doesn't look like he or joker died to me. I see the two of them laying there with the bat cave collapsing on them.

I thought the same thing,

was kinda left open to interpretation. It wasn't like DKR 3 & 4 where there was no doubt the Joker was dead

I think the general public hasn't really started to think of these as collectible yet, save the last few issues of batman. Currently, people who want them slabbed probably already have them slabbed. But the time will come....

was kinda left open to interpretation. It wasn't like DKR 3 & 4 where there was no doubt the Joker was dead

The whole storyline was about whatever chemicals are keeping people alive who should be dead, and they end up in a cave that collapses next to a pool of "bring-'em-back-to-life-juice".

Batman and Joker are supposedly dead?

One word summary...

HA.

;)

The whole storyline was about whatever chemicals are keeping people alive who should be dead, and they end up in a cave that collapses next to a pool of "bring-'em-back-to-life-juice".

One word summary...

HA.

;)

Dead as Donatello!

One word summary...

HA.

;)

DC's next weekly : Batman Immortal

Batman 40 combo is like chasing a Unicorn

Agreed. I'm paranoid about not getting my copy and not having a full run of endgame in digital combo pack style!

its not like they're going to disappear from the face of the earth. You can still buy them, probably just at higher prices.

Not the same. I have had them on my pull list since issue 15 I think. Well before they became popular. I would hate to start chasing now.

is there any history of things on your pull not showing up? especially things your subscribed to? that's a dangerous game to play for your LCS.

My LCS is awesome and I trust them 100%. It's what could happen before it reaches my LCS that has me worried. (ie. look at how it was just cancelled in Europe.)

Agreed. I'm paranoid about not getting my copy and not having a full run of endgame in digital combo pack style!

its not like they're going to disappear from the face of the earth. You can still buy them, probably just at higher prices.

Not the same. I have had them on my pull list since issue 15 I think. Well before they became popular. I would hate to start chasing now.

is there any history of things on your pull not showing up? especially things your subscribed to? that's a dangerous game to play for your LCS.

My LCS is awesome and I trust them 100%. It's what could happen before it reaches my LCS that has me worried. (ie. look at how it was just cancelled in Europe.)

well if it was cancelled entirely, it wouldn't be an issue right? No comic is just no comic. You won't have paid for it, no one else will have it, etc. IF there were shipping issues where some retailers got shorted...I think for a book like batman they'd make it up to the retailer by filling backorders however it needed to get done. But yes I guess there's some risk. But I would think it would be more about cancelling entirely (which is more of draw than a loss for you), than your LCS never getting the issues.

Edited by Revat

Probably not, but how else are we going to drive up prices on something that hasn't been released yet?

this constant delay of the Combo will have collectors howling at the moon and foaming at the mouth by the time it hits stores.

Combo pack collectors be :insane: ?