• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I got dinged on an extra $20 US for shipping a couple days ago. Does that count as "movement"? :P

So much for "$8.50 flat shipping." What makes that more of a slap in the face is that everyone got charged $8.50 for shipping, I expected Priority Mail, but the email I got saying he's shipped mine out say they are arriving via Media Mail. So, not only is he profiting off of shipping, but he isn't turning any of that profit over to help out people who bought a lot of copies and applying that towards their shipping.

:doh:

-slym

At least you got an email. I ordered the 1st day and nothing, nada, zip, :frustrated:

Photo Mailer. lol Don't people know that Priority boxes and envelopes make the greatest comic reinforcements and they are free?

Unless you are shipping Priority, it's illegal to use their material.

which is why all the stuff I get has chopped up Priority boxes used as cardboard support.

I'll admit I'm guilty of it. It's free materials and until I get to a point where I'll have customized backing board I'll be using USPS materials.

Unless it's slabs, I always get priority materials stuffed in boxes and envelopes unfortunately.

Why are people buying older Valiant comics all of a sudden? Why are people spending money on books that were stone cold for YEARS? It's not because the storytelling got better. It's because of the movie deal announcement. Speculation.

I always thought the storytelling in the older valiant stuff was awesome. Maybe I'm in the minority. I'm not a huge fan of comics into movies but I will throw some money at those movies because I enjoyed the stories. I mean, how could you not like immortal bada$$es??!

Missed the point? He didn't comment on whether the stories were good or bad, just that the stories did not suddenly get better in the past 4 months.

I got the point but I think it's a mixture of movie hype plus it's nostalgic to others. "Hey I really loved those stories as a kid let me go buy them again." The movies, for me, just reminded me of how much I loved this hobby when I was younger. Not all buyers are speculators.

Photo Mailer. lol Don't people know that Priority boxes and envelopes make the greatest comic reinforcements and they are free?

With the amount I've misused and repurposed over the last 20 years, I should probably be on death row.

I've chopped up used priority boxes to use as support, I figured it was okay since the box couldn't be used for mailing again. Just trying to keep green ;)

Edited by FutureFlash

With the amount I've misused and repurposed over the last 20 years, I should probably be on death row.

I've chopped up used priority boxes to use as support, I figured it was okay since the box couldn't be used for mailing again. Just trying to keep green ;)

We've dropped the description " green ", now we go with " repurposed ", (thumbs u

Just because you don't get caught, doesn't make it legal.

It's illegal?

There's actually a law stating that you can't use it?

People...let's not be openly bragging about ripping off the USPS.

I know nothing is going to stop those of you from doing it, but let's not be quite so brazen about it, huh?

Nothing wrong with recycling USED material.

Everything wrong with using FREE material, unused, for your own non-Priority/Express mailing or other purposes.

meh

I know nothing is going to stop those of you from doing it, but let's not be quite so brazen about it, huh?

Everything wrong with using FREE material, unused, for your own non-Priority/Express mailing or other purposes.

meh

I am sure it also contributes to the USPS going in the red every single year. I know we would all be screwed if the USPS ceased to exist or didn't provide free priority packaging anymore. Just pay for the Priority Mail service or use old boxes that came to you, diamond mailers, Uline boxes/mailers or something else if you are going first class.

meh

I am sure it also contributes to the USPS going in the red every single year. I know we would all be screwed if the USPS ceased to exist or didn't provide free priority packaging anymore. Just pay for the Priority Mail service or use old boxes that came to you, diamond mailers, Uline boxes/mailers or something else if you are going first class.

We would ALL be screwed, indeed. 49 cent letters? Gone. $5 Priority packages? Gone. $20 overnight packages? Gone.

Those who have priced UPS and FedEx for their services will understand. Not everyone gets a corporate discount, either, and if the USPS vanishes, so will those.

Then you'll be paying $300 for your overnight package.

meh

We would ALL be screwed, indeed. 49 cent letters? Gone. $5 Priority packages? Gone. $20 overnight packages? Gone.

Those who have priced UPS and FedEx for their services will understand. Not everyone gets a corporate discount, either, and if the USPS vanishes, so will those.

Nope another private sector company will easily take USPS place and do the job faster and more reliable to boot. 2c

Has anyone read or looked through Batman 40?

Doesn't look like he or joker died to me. I see the two of them laying there with the bat cave collapsing on them.

No death, no squished bodies. Just a cliffhanger.

I thought the same thing,

was kinda left open to interpretation. It wasn't like DKR 3 & 4 where there was no doubt the Joker was dead

That's because DC is chicken and Snyder can't escape that.

If Snyder's story from Detective is to be believed who's to say that's not a clone in the cave? There's also something suspicious about the janitor cleaning out the theater. We now know that the Joker is a master at assuming new identities. I have enjoyed both the art and writing for this series but this arc fell flat.

meh

Nope another private sector company will easily take USPS place and do the job faster and more reliable to boot. 2c

:o