• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Do people buy them at that price? I thought most eBay prices are due to demand from people not near a comic shop who have no better option than ordering online. Surely the people near a comic shop can grab it for cover elsewhere?

Is Justice League #40 the 1st appearance of Darkseid's daughter?

That's what people are saying

That's good enough by me . . . :baiting:

:news: Face shadowed, not a full body shot = not a full 1st appearance

Now we need full frontal nudity to constitute a first app . . . :roflmao:

^^

Do people buy them at that price? I thought most eBay prices are due to demand from people not near a comic shop who have no better option than ordering online. Surely the people near a comic shop can grab it for cover elsewhere?

hit 4 stores today, 3 completely sold out and pretty desperate to get more from Diamond.

Ignoring the rampant idiocy of the last few pages, a book that is actually heating up is Batman 612. Always been sought after for sure, but could still usually be found on eBay for 10 to 20 bucks depending on grade.

My LCS has tons of those. regular and variants. I don't think it was selling well as TMNT. hm

Yep mine also has tons of both, although combo packs are pre-sold out.

Edited by Rip

if you guys can get 'tons' of Batman 40 at your LCS....buy the Mask version and flip them ....what's stopping you from making 3x your money.

My LCS usually limits two of each cover per person.

And I'd rather see them go to more people anyway, its healthier for the shop.

if you guys can get 'tons' of Batman 40 at your LCS....buy the Mask version and flip them ....what's stopping you from making 3x your money.

It's a $5 book + tax - you buy 10 for $52.70

They're actually selling on eBay for $8.99 to $9.99, so let's say you luck out and sell them all for $9.99 - $99.99

minus what you paid = $47.29

minus eBay fees of 10% (-$9.99) = $37.30

minus Paypal fees (-$$2.74) = $34.56

not quite 3X your money....

They're actually selling on eBay for $8.99 to $9.99, so let's say you luck out and sell them all for $9.99 - $99.99

Minus your time.

Too much work for that mark up. TMNT has better mark ups last month.

You forgot postage too.