• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

What If #10 I think is over rated.

I realize everybody wants to sell some copies, but come on, it's a What If story.

What can we compare it to? MSH13? That's Silver. And part of canon. (shrug)

Even if Lady Thor sticks around (and I believe with Secret Wars, they'll find a way), it's not the first actual appearance of the character, but rather an 'imaginary' imaginary story. But I guess the market will tell.

Well, maybe, but you can't argue that it's not the first concept or idea of there being a female Thor. She's no "lady" btw . . . :grin:

No one can answer you as they are all too busy running to their LCS scooping up copies of CM 14.

Judging by the 0 Replies to my Black Vortex Thread, I'd say someone has mistaken this CM 14 for the Cameo of Ms. Marvel in the previous volume.

The Sorrentino Variant covers are awesome though.

Judging by the 0 Replies to my Black Vortex Thread, I'd say someone has mistaken this CM 14 for the Cameo of Ms. Marvel in the previous volume.

The Sorrentino Variant covers are awesome though.

That's a lot of bidders mistaking something that should be obvious if you're into comics at all.

Well I know of a few people with multiple eBay accounts, that bid on their own outlandishly priced items, and everyone is amazed at what they "sell" for but some of us know they are just there to set the "market" for something. I have that captain Marvel issue, it is lower on the print runs for Black Vortex tie ins bit not as low as Cyclops #12 and Nova #28.

Well I know of a few people with multiple eBay accounts, that bid on their own outlandishly priced items, and everyone is amazed at what they "sell" for but some of us know they are just there to set the "market" for something. I have that captain Marvel issue, it is lower on the print runs for Black Vortex tie ins bit not as low as Cyclops #12 and Nova #28.

Out them

Out them

I wish I could prove it man, oh how I wish I could..........I would love to drive the bus that I throw them under.....

Out them

I wish I could prove it man, oh how I wish I could..........I would love to drive the bus that I throw them under.....

Then how do you "know" they do this?

Well I know of a few people with multiple eBay accounts, that bid on their own outlandishly priced items, and everyone is amazed at what they "sell" for but some of us know they are just there to set the "market" for something. I have that captain Marvel issue, it is lower on the print runs for Black Vortex tie ins but not as low as Cyclops #12 and Nova #28.

Out them

When you see something that doesn't add up, like an auction with only a few bids, that is 10x or 20x higher than any BIN, and the BIN are in a better grade for less, .....C'Mon man. I cannot hack the accounts to confirm, but if it looks like poop, smells like poop. Likely poop. And really easy to "set the market" mark the item as paid and shipped, pay a few fees to then sell others for "market". It is impossible to stop 100%.....

Well I know of a few people with multiple eBay accounts, that bid on their own outlandishly priced items, and everyone is amazed at what they "sell" for but some of us know they are just there to set the "market" for something. I have that captain Marvel issue, it is lower on the print runs for Black Vortex tie ins but not as low as Cyclops #12 and Nova #28.

Out them

When you see something that doesn't add up, like an auction with only a few bids, that is 10x or 20x higher than any BIN, and the BIN are in a better grade for less, .....C'Mon man. I cannot hack the accounts to confirm, but if it looks like poop, smells like poop. Likely poop. And really easy to "set the market" mark the item as paid and shipped, pay a few fees to then sell others for "market". It is impossible to stop 100%.....

The same thing happened a few months ago with the Sorrentino variant for Deathstroke 1. A few copies sold for well over $50 when the book was still available at Midtown and others. I quickly bought 3 which was the max allowed at Midtown for $18 each. I reacted without giving it much thought and then buyers remorse set in when looking at the closed auctions and seri ting it was a few bidders and some were won higher than BIN prices. It didn't make sense. When I got the books a week later I quickly sold them and more than doubled my money. I believe the book has continued to sell strong. I don't know if the market was manipulated or not but it worked out. I picked up 2 of these at cover, if I miss I am still playing with house money.

Out them

That's really not how eBay works.

You don't even need to "pay a few fees" and "mark the item as paid and shipped."

Proof is essential.

Out them

That's really not how eBay works.

You don't even need to "pay a few fees" and "mark the item as paid and shipped."

Proof is essential.

I'm just curious how could eBay "police" this. Can you not mark an item paid and shipped?