• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Last night I swept the Penn Station newsstands clear of their Batman 40 issues (regular cover newsstand variants)!

:acclaim:

but haven't the homeless people and prostitutes there been using them as toilet paper for the last 2 weeks?

When we've walked through the Penn Station shop tunnels late at night, I've tried to convince my wife how much worse it looked there in the 80s and 90s. Let's just say it's a tough sell.

Didn't get out to any comic shops Wed or Thursday, but went to 4 shops today... half of the shops were sold out of Cyclops 12 and CM 14, one had plenty of both (close to ten of each), and another had a few of each. Managed to pick up 4 copies of CM 14 and 1 variant, also picked up two Cyclops 12.

Picked up a Batman 40 combo pack, and I have yet to find a newsstand edition at any BAM or other newsstand carriers. Maybe the places are late on stocking them as they usually are, so I haven't given up yet.

Also of note, Secret Wars 2 seems to be selling very well... sold out at 3 shops, with plenty #1s still around all over the place.

As well, picked up a bunch of Dead Drop #1s for half off... 2 copies each of covers A-D.

Edited by BishopT

Any of you knowledgeable gentlemen have thoughts one way or another on Superman/Batman #8? You would think with all the Supergirl hype hm If anyone knows the initial print run Id greatly appreciate it :foryou:

146,000. It was the #1 book the month it came out.

That being said I always pick them up when I see them for $2 or less and don't have any trouble selling them. There are 3 covers for this btw.

Also, you may want to look at #10 because that is when she first wears the costume.

Any of you knowledgeable gentlemen have thoughts one way or another on Superman/Batman #8? You would think with all the Supergirl hype hm If anyone knows the initial print run Id greatly appreciate it :foryou:

146,000. It was the #1 book the month it came out.

That being said I always pick them up when I see them for $2 or less and don't have any trouble selling them. There are 3 covers for this btw.

Also, you may want to look at #10 because that is when she first wears the costume.

Picked up a copy for $3 at my LCS for a boardie on here that liked the animated movie Apocalypse. I don't see much of an uptick myself. I thought she first donned the costume in #13?

Last night I swept the Penn Station newsstands clear of their Batman 40 issues (regular cover newsstand variants)!

:acclaim:

but haven't the homeless people and prostitutes there been using them as toilet paper for the last 2 weeks?

When we've walked through the Penn Station shop tunnels late at night, I've tried to convince my wife how much worse it looked there in the 80s and 90s. Let's just say it's a tough sell.

Night and day. '80s and '90s are to today what today is to Disneyworld.

Picked up a copy for $3 at my LCS for a boardie on here that liked the animated movie Apocalypse. I don't see much of an uptick myself. I thought she first donned the costume in #13?

You're correct, it's 13. 10 I like for the Doomsday cover.

I may be in the minority, but I don't like the B&W Luke. It doesn't "pop". The full color and look of the vintage figure and blister card is what does it for me

I prefer the color cover too but I understand why the other one brings the money due to perceived rarity.

I may be in the minority, but I don't like the B&W Luke. It doesn't "pop". The full color and look of the vintage figure and blister card is what does it for me

Did you see them at WW for $175? I passed on both copies the dealer had and regret it since he gave me 20% off everything else I bought. The most recent two ended at $350 and $330.

The Stuff of Legend FCBD 2009 and Volume 1: The Dark Book 1 First Print are on Ebay for big dollars. I'm pretty sure I have one of these issues, but I thought the print run was fairly high so any indicators the sudden increase. All the listings are for B.I.N's and no auctions.

I heard the Disney movie rumor, but that was a while ago.

Did you see them at WW for $175? I passed on both copies the dealer had and regret it since he gave me 20% off everything else I bought. The most recent two ended at $350 and $330.

I saw one at a comic shop about 2 weeks ago. I guess I know where I'll be going tomorrow

No, but I wasn't looking for them either. The only books I picked up were MSH 18 and a few old Phantom Stranger & Sub-mariner readers. I go there for the onsite and not much else