• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on Wolverines #3 Parel variant?

I'm looking at buying one. Love the cover. Story is craps, but first appearance of fantomelle. Not a lot of them on the bay.....

Love it! Fantastic cover, 1st appearance, kicka$$ sidekick, X-23 appearance. What's not to like? Also, what a GREAT story! You thought it was bad?

I mean, her first comic book job is to go into the Punisher's "lair" and steal from him. Then she whoops him in hand to hand combat (he had just woken up though). To be fair, that d-bag that's with her did ruin the story prior to the creature and X-23's appearance. I hope he perished when thrown out of the window. Still, stealing from the Punisher in your 1st appearance is pretty bad .

She's the perfect thief (that's what they created her to be). Lots of potential for a stand-alone book in my opinion.

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

2012PussyRiotDemonstration07PA230812.jpg

Now SHE can talk to me about censorship (and anything else she'd like :cloud9:) anytime she wants.

Your tone is disgusting and disrespectful!

...also, I saw her first. :cool:

I would go to jail for her... I mean with her! In protest of censorship!

2012PussyRiotDemonstration07PA230812.jpg

Now SHE can talk to me about censorship (and anything else she'd like :cloud9:) anytime she wants.

Your tone is disgusting and disrespectful!

...also, I saw her first. :cool:

I would go to jail for her... I mean with her! In protest of censorship!

I didn't think I could love her more...then she showed up in House of Cards and that love went Super Saiyan.

Hey kids, Comics!!

So...Firestar 1. Anyone read it?

Is this the Firestar from the Titans or the one from the short-lived 70's series?

If this thread gets locked, is that censorship?

If they throw me in a jail cell with Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, then the answer is no.

I'm actually one degree of separation away from her. A friend of mine was their translator at a number of U.S. appearances, including Riot's appearance on the Colbert Report.

Shipping is $6 so yeah including it in the price

Since we have no control over what marvel does, whats heating up on ebay

Then that's misleading.

Whether you want to believe it or not, your LCS charges for "shipping" or other costs of overhead. It's all relative to the final price you pay.

How is that?

My local comic book shop for years gave me 10% discount, plus free bag and board for each comic I bought.

How is that charging me shipping?

So you are saying they just give you the book for what they pay for it? They are getting them 40-60% below cover price.

First of all how many of these sales are actual "new" readers versus people speculating on new characters / story lines and buying up the rarest variants to pump up the sales numbers?

I have very few speculators come into my store. And those books sell very well for me. Most retailers will tell you they're seeing more women, especially, starting to come into their stores to read.

Wait, you have a pull box but you own a store?

Edited by ygogolak

On the topic of moderns heating up, it appears that the Renew Your Vows #1 JSC store exclusive color variant is sold out and is gaining steam on the bay.......

Uh guys...if that ones heating up, what do you think this one might do ? :o

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/06/11/variant-envy-amazing-spider-man-renew-your-vowels-3-comicxposure-variant/#more-8841

If they throw me in a jail cell with Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, then the answer is no.

I'm actually one degree of separation away from her. A friend of mine was their translator at a number of U.S. appearances, including Riot's appearance on the Colbert Report.

Wow, that's crazy. I watched that appearance and remember thinking that the interpreter/your friend did a great job. That interview was wild, and interpreting it on-the-go seemed like a real high-wire act.

On the topic of moderns heating up, it appears that the Renew Your Vows #1 JSC store exclusive color variant is sold out and is gaining steam on the bay.......

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/06/11/variant-envy-amazing-spider-man-renew-your-vowels-3-comicxposure-variant/#more-8841

I smell allocation on this one.

:o

Then that's misleading.

Whether you want to believe it or not, your LCS charges for "shipping" or other costs of overhead. It's all relative to the final price you pay.

How is that?

My local comic book shop for years gave me 10% discount, plus free bag and board for each comic I bought.

So you are saying they just give you the book for what they pay for it? They are getting them 40-60% below cover price.

Yeah.... but I was paying less than cover price and getting a free bag and board.... how is that charging me shipping on top of the price of the book?

Then that's misleading.

How is that?

First of all how many of these sales are actual "new" readers versus people speculating on new characters / story lines and buying up the rarest variants to pump up the sales numbers?

I have very few speculators come into my store. And those books sell very well for me. Most retailers will tell you they're seeing more women, especially, starting to come into their stores to read.

Wait, you have a pull box but you own a store?

"My local comic book shop for years gave me.." Past Tense.

I smell allocation on this one.

yeah

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS-3-MIKE-DEODATO-COMICXPOSURE-VARIANT-PRE-SALE-/191599309330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9c357212

Then that's misleading.

How is that?

Yeah.... but I was paying less than cover price and getting a free bag and board.... how is that charging me shipping on top of the price of the book?

Please refer to the my original comment that I then tried to make more apparent by adding bold typeface to it.