• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Bringing up a slightly different book here for a second, but do any of the experts that post regularly in this thread know why a run on all of the What if? Venom/Deadpool 9.8's has been made the last couple days on ebay ? (shrug)

-J.

Post-Secret Wars Deadpool is going to be the host for Venom, so Marvel can screw with Sony and Fox at the same time.

I might have made that up.

lol

So no one else knows either then.

-J.

I love sketch covers and I've got quite a few!! But not every cover is better as a sketch. I like that I can see all the lines and in some cases shading. I find that inks cover up a lot of details. But, some covers just look too damn good in color. I've started buying both covers if I can afford it.

But you're right. To each their own.

+1

-J.

Found this NM- rising star still with $6 tag in the back issues bin of the LCS. :cool:

Hulk%201%20First%20Red%20Hulk_zpstrxqelu5.jpg

What is going on in that picture? Did he find out he wore the wrong pants and they do not stretch when he transforms? ?

Is it me or do the sketch covers never sell as well as the color covers? unless the print run is significantly lower

I don't get the sketch covers - they usually seem to fetch much higher $$ (like the Star Wars #1 Luke Skywalker Coloring Book variant) but for the life of me I can't understand why!

Different strokes for different folks.

Simple really. Lower print runs.

I've heard the groans at the Ant Man trailer, so I can only imagine the ridicule a Red Hulk would get from the average movie goer. Not every character is a good idea and definitely not a good idea for the big screen.

I've heard the groans at the Ant Man trailer, so I can only imagine the ridicule a Red Hulk would get from the average movie goer. Not every character is a good idea and definitely not a good idea for the big screen.

*cough* *cough* Harley Quinn *cough* *cough*

-J.

$6

:signfunny::grin:

Well, that's only how much it was worth to the LCS who sold it to me - and I agreed. :cool:

But a lot of folks on ebay are paying 3-4 times that much for it. :grin:

I sold mine for $10 last weekend.

Bringing up a slightly different book here for a second, but do any of the experts that post regularly in this thread know why a run on all of the What if? Venom/Deadpool 9.8's has been made the last couple days on ebay ? (shrug)

-J.

Post-Secret Wars Deadpool is going to be the host for Venom, so Marvel can screw with Sony and Fox at the same time.

I might have made that up.

giphy.gif

Maybe if anyone at the big 2 had an ounce of talent who could actually create a band new character of quality from scratch......

:o

More Bluebird please.

I think her brother has potential but she kinda blows.

2015-02-25%2002-35-49%20-%20Batman%202011-%20039-015_zpsurpgsuig.jpg

Indeed, when a majority of the print run flows directly into the hands of speculators, it becomes a race to the bottom. One of my rules of thumb is, if I see it on a heating up website, and it's still available from the distributor with no limit, then pass.

But it's not....

So cryptic... is it not available from the distributor (I use the term loosely, for my rule I would consider Comicexposure the distributor since it's a store variant) or is it limited? I just checked and I was able to put 409 into my cart.

OK, I guess you can call them the "distributor", I thought you were referring to Diamond.

Why do people continually buy these pre-orders for any book on eBay for twice what you can get them for buy going directly to the source?

-J.

They were all bought by the same person: y***d ( 886 ) maybe they know something we don't?

What shocks me the most in looking into that is this What If? Wolverine Father This is the second easiest one for me to find next to Iron Man. I pass on these all the time for $5. Still haven't found a Spider-Man in the wild.

$6

:signfunny::grin:

Well, that's only how much it was worth to the LCS who sold it to me - and I agreed. :cool:

But a lot of folks on ebay are paying 3-4 times that much for it. :grin:

I sold mine for $10 last weekend.

Was it less than VF condition?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%22hulk+1%22+red&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.X%22hulk+1%22+2008.TRS0&_nkw=%22hulk+1%22+2008&_sacat=0

:(

Edited by jcjames

Indeed, when a majority of the print run flows directly into the hands of speculators, it becomes a race to the bottom. One of my rules of thumb is, if I see it on a heating up website, and it's still available from the distributor with no limit, then pass.

But it's not....

So cryptic... is it not available from the distributor (I use the term loosely, for my rule I would consider Comicexposure the distributor since it's a store variant) or is it limited? I just checked and I was able to put 409 into my cart.

OK, I guess you can call them the "distributor", I thought you were referring to Diamond.

Why do people continually buy these pre-orders for any book on eBay for twice what you can get them for buy going directly to the source?

-J.

They were all bought by the same person: y***d ( 886 ) maybe they know something we don't?

What shocks me the most in looking into that is this What If? Wolverine Father This is the second easiest one for me to find next to Iron Man. I pass on these all the time for $5. Still haven't found a Spider-Man in the wild.

Weird. The Spider-Man issue is the only one I always see at shops, rarely come across the other 3

But it's not....

-J.

You all must have missed all the Black Costume Deadpool Solicit pictures that show him getting the Symbiote suit that Spidey got in the original Secret Wars.