• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Indeed, when a majority of the print run flows directly into the hands of speculators, it becomes a race to the bottom. One of my rules of thumb is, if I see it on a heating up website, and it's still available from the distributor with no limit, then pass.

But it's not....

So cryptic... is it not available from the distributor (I use the term loosely, for my rule I would consider Comicexposure the distributor since it's a store variant) or is it limited? I just checked and I was able to put 409 into my cart.

OK, I guess you can call them the "distributor", I thought you were referring to Diamond.

Why do people continually buy these pre-orders for any book on eBay for twice what you can get them for buy going directly to the source?

Bringing up a slightly different book here for a second, but do any of the experts that post regularly in this thread know why a run on all of the What if? Venom/Deadpool 9.8's has been made the last couple days on ebay ? (shrug)

-J.

They were all bought by the same person: y***d ( 886 ) maybe they know something we don't?

What shocks me the most in looking into that is this What If? Wolverine Father This is the second easiest one for me to find next to Iron Man. I pass on these all the time for $5. Still haven't found a Spider-Man in the wild.

You all must have missed all the Black Costume Deadpool Solicit pictures that show him getting the Symbiote suit that Spidey got in the original Secret Wars.

hm

Good catch.

-J.

The comicsheatingup headline has Renew Your Vowels #3 in the title. Funny, that's something I've never done.

Yeah, at least it wasn't Renew your Bowels. Which would have been way more tough.

Looks like it was fixed.

But spelling and grammar mistakes happen.

The comicsheatingup headline has Renew Your Vowels #3 in the title. Funny, that's something I've never done.

Yeah, at least it wasn't Renew your Bowels. Which would have been way more tough.

Looks like it was fixed.

When you're in a hurry, trying to be furst to post, sometymes you can mayek masstakes.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

Looks like it was fixed.

When you're in a hurry, trying to be furst to post, sometymes you can mayek masstakes.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

:roflmao:

You all must have missed all the Black Costume Deadpool Solicit pictures that show him getting the Symbiote suit that Spidey got in the original Secret Wars.

OK, still doesn't want to make me run out and buy 10 copies of that book. If it's not a movie or tv show these days it usually doesn't get a price spike.

Bringing up a slightly different book here for a second, but do any of the experts that post regularly in this thread know why a run on all of the What if? Venom/Deadpool 9.8's has been made the last couple days on ebay ? (shrug)

-J.

Post-Secret Wars Deadpool is going to be the host for Venom, so Marvel can screw with Sony and Fox at the same time.

I might have made that up.

lol

So no one else knows either then.

-J.

I love sketch covers and I've got quite a few!! But not every cover is better as a sketch. I like that I can see all the lines and in some cases shading. I find that inks cover up a lot of details. But, some covers just look too damn good in color. I've started buying both covers if I can afford it.

But you're right. To each their own.

+1

-J.

I like partial sketch covers. Best of both worlds. :luhv:

Edited by jreezy

Looks like it was fixed.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. There's NO need for that first comma.

Looks like it was fixed.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

XqPlv.jpg

Looks like it was fixed.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

XqPlv.jpg

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Good lord I realize Thunderbolts 45 is a book that might increase soon

Um, why?

1st appearance of Citizen V (new Marvel line-up).

Of a new Citizen V, I suppose?

Unless it's Baron Zemo as Citizen V again

I've felt like this book was underrated for far too long. Stormwatch #4 featuring the 1st appearances of Midnighter and Apollo...not Creed. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=stormwatch+4+-3+-5&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xstormwatch+4+-3+-5+-tpb.TRS0&_nkw=stormwatch+4+-3+-5+-tpb&_sacat=63

I've felt like this book was underrated for far too long. Stormwatch #4 featuring the 1st appearances of Midnighter and Apollo...not Creed. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=stormwatch+4+-3+-5&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xstormwatch+4+-3+-5+-tpb.TRS0&_nkw=stormwatch+4+-3+-5+-tpb&_sacat=63

add Midnighter 7 to the list, BKV -script.

Looks like it was fixed.

mqdefault.jpg

Myyatt Deymon!

XqPlv.jpg

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

There's too many Farooq fans in here...