• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

Does it matter if it's past present future or even a dream sequence?

How many first appearances in the history of Flash comics happen in a different time than present?

If first appearance is solely based on the character appearing in the present time in the comic the collectors market would go into chaos.

Um how can x force 8 or 11 be domino's 1st appearance if she is on the cover of NM 98, an earlier book?

Because Marvel...It's Copycat as Domino. Odd, I know, but that's the story Liefeld and Co fed us.

The best part is #98 isn't considered either one, it's a hybrid first "copycat as domino".

Then #8 (or 11) is domino's first and #19 is copycats first.

So weird. Easier to just say #98 is a double first for both of them.

New Mutants 98 is the first appearance of Vanessa (AKA Copycat) the shapeshifter, posing as Domino.

X-Force 8 is the first appearance of Neena Thurman (AKA Domino).

X-Force 11 contains the revelation (to the reader) that X-Force's "Domino" isn't who she claims to be and the real Domino is Tolliver's prisoner. X-Force 14 reveals the same to Cable.

X-Force 19 is the first time Copycat's true form is revealed.

New Mutants 98 is the first appearance of Vanessa (AKA Copycat) the shapeshifter, posing as Domino.

X-Force 8 is the first appearance of Neena Thurman (AKA Domino).

X-Force 11 contains the revelation (to the reader) that X-Force's "Domino" isn't who she claims to be and the real Domino is Tolliver's prisoner. X-Force 14 reveals the same to Cable.

X-Force 19 is the first time Copycat's true form is revealed.

^^

NM 98 is the first appearance of Domino, irrespective of the subsequent ret-con.

-J.

Wait a minute, I'm a little out of the loop. Are people suggesting that due to a ret-con, NM 98 is no longer the first appearance of Domino? Seriously?

NM 98 is the first appearance of Domino, irrespective of the subsequent ret-con.

-J.

Wait a minute, I'm a little out of the loop. Are people suggesting that due to a ret-con, NM 98 is no longer the first appearance of Domino? Seriously?

How can NM 98 be the first appearance of Domino is that's not the real Domino ?

I feel this is gonna be a long-standing argument.....

-J.

Is it really a retcon if it took place within a year?

-J.

lol Yes, but I don't think "seriously".

I mean, it's not like her picture and name aren't scrawled on the cover heralding her introduction , or anything.

Silly story ret-con several months later notwithstanding. doh!

A narrative "reveal" after the fact does not change the fact that that "character" first appeared in NM 98.

-J.

-J.

My philosophy is that it's a retcon if there is not clearly evidence presented in the story being changed that all is not as it seems. It doesn't have to be overwhelming evidence, just something that clearly indicates in retrospect that it was the intention of the writer that we're not getting the full story.

-J.

When Domino appeared in NM 98 was there any indication that it was an imposter, or was that revealed later?

Is there any evidence at the time of the release of NM 98 that it was someone impersonating someone else?

-J.

When Domino appeared in NM 98 was there any indication that it was an imposter, or was that revealed later?

Is there any evidence at the time of the release of NM 98 that it was someone impersonating someone else?

Ok, this has already been debated:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748932

Her first appearance is x-force 8

I couldn't agree more...

IMG_5302_zpsxoc6otbq.jpg

From back when they were known as the Pouch Patrol.

Did we ever figure out whether this cover holds the record for number of Liefeld pouches?

an old thread exists on this topic, but I can't find it.