• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Are you for real? Have you never heard of comichron before?

If you are responding to Chuck and RMA, they are not referring to ComiChron.

I get that they are referring to a website, but that is where those numbers came from. Doesn't look like they were pulled from thin air.

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

Are you?

No, that's why I asked.

It looks, indeed, like many of those numbers were pulled from thin air.

By all means, show me where those numbers actually come from, since that's the claim you're making.

Man, you board posters here are a grumpy bunch. Can't you just be happy comic enthusiasts? I like to read good conversation, but hatred is not much fun...

Hatred? You're thinking with your feelings. There's no hatred here.

Unless, of course, you're a person who was raised to think that any challenge of any idea is tantamount to "hatred", and there needs to be "safe space" where no one is ever challenged about anything.

That's a frightening world.

Do you know what makes me a happy comic book enthusiast? Everybody having accurate informtion with which to make informed, intelligent decisions. I know, crazy, right...?

:ohnoez:

I think you misunderstand. Why post all your questions here? If you have a problem with what the author of the article said, why not address it with them? Why come to a forum that they will probably never read and start bashing them? It's like you are trolling but only like to do it with people you already know.

I can't speak for RMA, but I surmise that the reason he posted here is because the link was posted here. Trying to correct all the misinformation in the comic world directly at the source would be a full time job.

To address another issue, people frequently bad mouth the boards on other forums because of the direct approach taken in situations like this. Can't we all just get along? I used to think that too. I used to think that guys like RMA were total tools that spent too much time on the computer. However, what I've since learned through personal experience is that there aren't many people more enthusiastic about comics than the people on this board. Healthy forums need wise old codgers to chase away the riff raff. Look at some of the Facebook and Google forums. There are some really knowledgeable people, some very shady folks, and some great people that are just misinformed. When someone writes an article from a perspective that demonstrates that they don't fully understand their sources, it should be pointed out. The most personally enriching response to this would be "Thanks guys, I saw that article and I didn't realize that those numbers could be misleading, I'll help spread the word."

Now you may be a great guy, and ten years from now, you may be on here scolding some newbie full of pith and vinegar about how you came on here guns blazing when you first signed up. Until then, I suggest that if you set aside your ego and leave your butthurt at the door, you can make some great friends on here, learn a lot and make some serious coin (dig up the rarest comics of the '80's and '90's threads; those threads alone have netted me in the five figures). In the long run, it would be more beneficial than running to other forums to complain about how old, out of touch and mean the guys on the CGC boards are. :foryou:

I checked all the numbers on cromicron...they are all accurate. If you do not believe it..so what? Makes no difference really. Some people don't even believe in Aliens lol
I believe in Aliens, I saw it when I was 10. :insane:

"Game over man, game over.." Aka, funniest line in Aliens lol

Old Man Logan Wolverine vol 3 #66 going thru dat roof! ebay

What's the average price now for a NM?

$25-30 currently, but not many NM copies are up currently unless they are in a set which is also selling really well.

Its similar to what will happen to Planet Hulk 92 in the next year or two I think. Great story with great lead in issue.

So some books that have surprised me lately good or bad.

Batgirl Adventures 1 - This book has sky rocketed in the last year passing $50 in raw and still looks to be going. Ive sold 3 copies in the last couple of months all on the 1st day of listings.

Catwoman Harley Appearances - These books for some reason have never really taken off like other Harley appearances have. At one point Harley is in 5 issues out of 10 in the 80s a couple in disquise.

Zatanna's small run a few years back all issues seem to be gaining some steam, but those last issue by Hughes are really starting to do well.

Tomb Raider late issues depending on cover are seeing increases. That bikini cover after all these years still sells very well.

Scooby Doo 12 has stalled out which is odd for such a low print run book. I look for this book to over the years as OCD fans look for it to appreciate more.

I kept a few just in case.

More posts like this please!

There used to be a time when there were ... Sadly the junk donkeys, noobs ( not all ) , and riffraff like these winners telling us about print numbers have invaded this place like cockroaches.

I first noticed when a few of the active board members I used to buy moderns from disappeared. I PMed one and he said he's just going to sit back and watch because of the way this place was heading. He didn't want to be part of it and will be back when it corrects itself.

The modern selling fourm for the most part was just a few aback then and they pretty much knew what they were doing.

Then some new guys started showing up ( and some old accounts that came back ) and just started setting up shop with kewl new books, acting like that's what we all wanted here.

It seems some have realized that this place is more for sharing info and not trying to sell each to other. But there's still some that Insist on acting like they are doing the boards a service. Then there are those that pump books, and there are those that just suck.

There's also one or two good ones.

:foryou: for them.

I love this place.

It's like dinner and a show.

I learn a LOT about comics, continuing to learn more about collecting as a hobby, learn a lot about buying/selling to support my hobby - AND get some wacky entertainment too :slapfight:

:cool:

$25-30 currently, but not many NM copies are up currently unless they are in a set which is also selling really well.

Its similar to what will happen to Planet Hulk 92 in the next year or two I think. Great story with great lead in issue.

I thought Panet Hulk was pretty much canned as a movie concept for the next Hulk solo film, and replaced with Perez's original 2 part Future Imperfect?

Wolverine 66 isn't really a super hot book...yet....and it's cooled off since it initially was talked about as the next Wolvie movie theme a few months back.

I subbed a copy at Baltimore and got a 9.6 on it, didn't press it as I was short on time and thought it had a good shot at a 9.8.

Took a few weeks to sell it on eBay via BIN at $89.99 + shipping....started at below what a Canadian ebay seller had it at that time, who had the only CGC 9.6's on ebay at the time....he had it priced pretty damn high at like $124.95 + $20-ish shipping.

He had 2 CGC 9.6's, last time I checked, neither had sold.

IIRC, I sold mine via BIN at $70 or so, with free (Diamond comic boxed/bubblewrapped to death)media mail shipping.Since then, I've cut out media mail shipping on slabs and switched over to larger (flat rate medium priority boxes are not big enough to provide adequate protection for even a single slabbed book and local post offices don't usually offer the bigger USPS priority boxes, gotta order them from usps.com.Regression aside....

The buyer was stoked, gave me a + feedback soon as it arrived.

I have a few other 9.6 and 9.8 candidates....which I have been hoarding BUT if I sub them this coming weekend at Big Apple, I'll press them beforehand....and sell any raw copies I have hoarded that I can't get at least 9.6's out of, for about $30.

From what I see on eBay,a solid NM 9.0 9.4 raw sells for around $20-$40...depending on scan quality + shipping prices,...that is what I'd price the 1-2 copies I have that have a couple light CB spine tics and/or slightly blunted corners.

In other words, it seems like raw 9.0's to 9.4's with un-pressable defects are worth an average price of $20-35.That is what I will price my 9.29.4 copies at, at Big Apple.....the cost of selling raw books like a raw NM 9.0,raw 9.2 or raw 9.4 isn't worth the time involved with scanning, posting on ebay etc.....and then (and additional expense of shipping out a 2 pound box via priority b/c I ship out raw books in M2's + 2 full backs + 2 BCW boards....then sheathed in a M2/Full Back silver/gold combo, on a sheet of cardboard...slid into a bubblewrap mailer, packed into a large box with bubblewrap...., which the buyer has to factor into the price of a book.