• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I said I like it when it goes off topic! lol

I definitely appreciate all the information you post Awe, as well as others. Especially when it's about books most people are not looking to flip or a series most people don't know or care for. You do a great job mentioning books that have risen in value naturally due to its content. I always like discovering new series I may enjoy anyway I can.

So did we talk about FCBD yet

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981

s_l1600.jpg

s_l1600_4.jpg

Can you just stay home and post this type of stuff and ebay trends please. Awesome stuff.

I started asking about FCBD recently at some LCS nearby. One store has some nice HCs and he should be doing 30% off his trades; there is one Omnibus in particular that is selling well now and I should probably take the bird in hand but am going to try and snag it much cheaper on FCBD. :wishluck: I will also be roaming trades aisles for the next few weeks when I go in to stores in the hopes of scoring some good stuff on FCBD.

So if a discussion starts in this thread in regards to the print run of a specific variant that is being hyped/flipped or whatever certain individuals complain. Some of them even go as far as humping the button because they say it is off topic.

Yet a topic that is not about a specific modern heating up such as purchasing at conventions is discussed and apparently they have no issue. I can't help but wonder if that is because a off topic conversation about buying at cons won't hurt anyone's profits on a certain book that is being "discussed" here.

This is just an observation and not towards anyone in the current conversation. Personally I enjoy it when threads are open to being slightly off track when it is relatable to the main topic. I just find it odd that the usual complainers are not speaking up about this being off topic. Perhaps they are taking notes.

Maybe I missed something, but I think mods were notified due to the tone of a discussion, not the topic, but frankly. I stopped paying attention

I look for the desperate dealers at the end of the last day, and toss out cash money lowballs left and right.

From a business stand point, this makes sense to me. Albeit your harsh tone. Sad but true.

As the old adage goes: Desperate times call for desperate measure

That doesnt mean its smart, but if a dealer had a slew of bad turnouts at cons, he still has to go back home and feed his family

Yeah, agreed with you both, on both counts.

Whenever I have a bad show, I think about some sagely advice that Al Stolz of Basement Comix relayed to me and a couple dealer friends of mine, years ago while we were talking shop at a small con.

"No matter how bad a show is, never blow out".

I've held fast to that tidbit, actually somewhat to Al's chagrin, when he's offered to buy books from my wall at shows.I counter his offer with that qoute, actually..he gets a lil chuckle out of that.

I offer my table stock at competitive prices ( I don't carry .50 cent or $1 books) ...and I will cut (and virtually always do) a few bucks off virtually any sale, just to be friendly and build a repoire with buyers.Even if I am not asked, ...and I know that the buyer pulled out books that were already priced on the low end, I'll shave 10% off his stack.Or if he goes to town and picks 30 SA books out of my $10's, I'lleither give him 5 books for free or knock $50 off the tab.

I'll tell a guy to pick a book out of my $3 boxes for free, after he buys two of my $5 books.........or a single $10 book, and he pays me.

People remember those sorts of gestures.

If somebody ever wants to buy out all of my table stock, they can have it for twenty five cents on the dollar.

Hell, I'd be happy to get .33 cents on the dollar in trade value, towards bigger ticket books or slabs.

I look for the desperate dealers at the end of the last day, and toss out cash money lowballs left and right.

From a business stand point, this makes sense to me. Albeit your harsh tone. Sad but true.

That doesnt mean its smart, but if a dealer had a slew of bad turnouts at cons, he still has to go back home and feed his family

Whenever I have a bad show, I think about some sagely advice that Al Stolz of Basement Comix relayed to me and a couple dealer friends of mine, years ago while we were talking shop at a small con.

I've held fast to that tidbit, actually somewhat to Al's chagrin, when he's offered to buy books from my wall at shows.I counter his offer with that qoute, actually..he gets a lil chuckle out of that.

I offer my table stock at competitive prices ( I don't carry .50 cent or $1 books) ...and I will cut (and virtually always do) a few bucks off virtually any sale, just to be friendly and build a repoire with buyers.Even if I am not asked, ...and I know that the buyer pulled out books that were already priced on the low end, I'll shave 10% off his stack.Or if he goes to town and picks 30 SA books out of my $10's, I'lleither give him 5 books for free or knock $50 off the tab.

I'll tell a guy to pick a book out of my $3 boxes for free, after he buys two of my $5 books.........or a single $10 book, and he pays me.

If somebody ever wants to buy out all of my table stock, they can have it for twenty five cents on the dollar.

Hell, I'd be happy to get .33 cents on the dollar in trade value, towards bigger ticket books or slabs.

When you coming to the midwest? At those deals I'd buy from you. (thumbs u

Do you go to Heroes in Charlotte?

So, how do I find out what shows you'll be doing? I want in on this!

Moon Knight #1 1:25 Marco Rudy variant is a good flip if you were able to get one for $10-15 on Wednesday

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=Moon%20Knight%201%201%3A25%20rudy&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

The regular cover is sold out at several shops around here

2016-04-10_zpskvsortf4.jpg

This was ECCC. I could have taken dozens of pictures like this. One dealer had every book priced except for Walking Dead #100 2nd print, so I asked how much. $199. I asked how much he was buying them for because I'll run to my apartment and sell him 20 copies right now. Teen Titans #2 - $300, Batman Harley Quinn - $450, Preacher - $500. All raw copies...

Yes this is a problem lately at bigger shows. I don't understand the mentality. Its one thing to ask a slightly higher, but its like some dealers just don't want a sell in general they way they price at 2x going rate or such.

I saw a NM 87 in NM- raw maybe 2 weeks ago dealer had 280 dollars on it. I didn't even bother to haggle.

Guy was crazy. I can't sell my CGC 9.6 for $280.