• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,780 posts in this topic

So is this debate going on because we have a bunch of Ms Captain Marvel fans?

They are Moderns that are heating up. I know, why here of all threads? (shrug)

If they are heating up then isn't that it. They are or they are not. There is no why.

Do you have a stash of AS#9 by any chance?

:baiting:

Why is that always the response around here when one can't back up their points otherwise?

Get used to that response.

How is it The Spider-man Sampler is not the first appearance? It came out in may of 2012, months prior to Avenging 9. At the very least it's the first Danvers as Cap cover.

Why is that always the response around here when one can't back up their points otherwise?

How is it The Spider-man Sampler is not the first appearance? It came out in may of 2012, months prior to Avenging 9. At the very least it's the first Danvers as Cap cover.

Is it a standalone story, or preview pages?

Introducing The New Captain Marvel right on the cover, this is the cover image to Avenging 9 and the first time we see her in the costume and named as Captain Marvel. Looks to me like this freebie is

first Danvers as Captain Marvel

first costume

first Danvers as Cap Marvel cover.

I really cannot see how anyone here can dispute this.

lll_zps7bc83d0e.jpg

Looks like your market is already correcting itself, these could be had yesterday for peanuts and even less in large quantity from MCS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUMMER-OF-SPIDERMAN-PREVIEW-RARE-GIVEAWAY-PROMO-2012-PROMOTIONAL-AMAZING-NM-/190689865019?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c66006d3b

Edited by MrWeen

Introducing The New Captain Marvel right on the cover, this is the cover image to Avenging 9 and the first time we see her in the costume and named as Captain Marvel. Looks to me like this freebie is

first costume

lll_zps7bc83d0e.jpg

Looks like your market is already correcting itself, these could be had yesterday for peanuts and even less in large quantity from MCS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUMMER-OF-SPIDERMAN-PREVIEW-RARE-GIVEAWAY-PROMO-2012-PROMOTIONAL-AMAZING-NM-/190689865019?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c66006d3b

Yup.. Regardless of this whole chicken/egg petty argument, this is indeed, a 3rd key :applause:

first costume

lll_zps7bc83d0e.jpg

There are going to be a significant number of collectors that consider preview-type books as ads, marketing materials, etc., and not as the storybooks themselves. Therefore, a dispute. But I'd definitely agree with those pointing to Avenging #9 over Captain Marvel #1

The Captain Marvel #1 Spidey variant isn't taking off at all. How long before it does? Or won't it?

Hawkeye #1 came out at the same time. When that book got hot, Its spider-man variant did nothing, but the Granov variant and the regular cover started doing stupid things.

first costume

That part is indisputable. If it's just preview pages, though, it remains to be seen if a premium will be paid for it.