• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

17K is a high print run compared to Walking Dead 1 and Chew 1 ... it's clearly a minor print run in comparison to Saga and books from Marvel/DC. When raw books are selling for $50 on feebay three months after the book is released, it's a pretty high print run in my opinoin.

compared to a peso, a nickel is a lot of money. chew's print run was like 4k. WD 7k. that is TINY. 17k for a book that just dropped is very small imho. especially since there will be people who bought the book only to read. i'd bet there's already less than 17k NM copies.

also, when a book is selling for $50 three months after it came out, i'd say it's because the book is hot and there aren't tons of copies. if ToT had as many copies as Saga, i think the price would be lower.

And if it had as many copies as Chew it would be higher. :)

Well it is the next WD lol

I think a lot of us secretly hope for that but i doubt it will ever be that. Even if a series comes out of it. Even if they have some great actors. I just dont see it comanding the money like WD does. But we will see been amazed by the prices so far.

If this book turns out to be the next Walking Dead ... the SS Comicspo and ICE variants are going to sell for stupid money ... I can't even imagine how big the numbers will be when people start getting sketches and the OA all drops the day the show hits TV ... boardies are going to be getting 2nd mortgages on their comic shops to buy the OA lol

If this book turns out to be the next Walking Dead ... the SS Comicspo and ICE variants are going to sell for stupid money ... I can't even imagine how big the numbers will be when people start getting sketches and the OA all drops the day the show hits TV ... boardies are going to be getting 2nd mortgages on their comic shops to buy the OA lol

Yeah i think shawn is waiting for that. I mean if sereis comes out then that when i think we will all see OA released then thats right it will be stupid money

Well it is the next WD lol

I think a lot of us secretly hope for that but i doubt it will ever be that. Even if a series comes out of it. Even if they have some great actors. I just dont see it comanding the money like WD does. But we will see been amazed by the prices so far.

There will never be another huge hit like Walking Dead for years. Walking Dead`s iconic status doesn`t come around very often. Some of the other modern series will hit it big,but not on the Walking Dead level. Enjoy it,as this is the comics industry chance at bringing in new readers they were looking for.

When raw books are selling for $50 on feebay three months after the book is released, it's a pretty high print run in my opinoin.

Huh? How exactly is your opinion of the print run being "high" predicated upon the fact that the book is selling for $50? Because I can point out TONS of books with way smaller print runs that sell for nowhere close to $50.

Edited by Lebowski

When raw books are selling for $50 on feebay three months after the book is released, it's a pretty high print run in my opinoin.

Huh? How exactly is your opinion of the print run being "high" predicated upon the fact that the book is selling for $50? Because I can't point out TONS of books with way smaller print runs that sell for nowhere close to $50.

You need to read my post in full context ... in other words I think its a large print run for the price tag under the circumstances. If the book had a print run like a lot of the other image books that came out arond the same time and it was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. 17K copies at $40-$50 a pop is pretty wild. If the print run was 7K-8K and was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. Look at all my posts. Obviously it is all relevant. The print run is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books and only a fraction of the print run of Saga 1, which is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books. But when you look at the print run on Thief of Thieves in comparison to the Comicspro variant or the ICE variant or Walking Dead 1 or Chew 1 or countless other books that have been published by Image recently - it's a sizeable print run.

Huh? How exactly is your opinion of the print run being "high" predicated upon the fact that the book is selling for $50? Because I can't point out TONS of books with way smaller print runs that sell for nowhere close to $50.

You need to read my post in full context ... in other words I think its a large print run for the price tag under the circumstances. If the book had a print run like a lot of the other image books that came out arond the same time and it was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. 17K copies at $40-$50 a pop is pretty wild. If the print run was 7K-8K and was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. Look at all my posts. Obviously it is all relevant. The print run is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books and only a fraction of the print run of Saga 1, which is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books. But when you look at the print run on Thief of Thieves in comparison to the Comicspro variant or the ICE variant or Walking Dead 1 or Chew 1 or countless other books that have been published by Image recently - it's a sizeable print run.

I am pretty sure there are a bunch of DC and some Marvel titles selling in the 18-25K range in any given month.

There will never be another WD in terms of every book in an 8 year old series selling for multiples of guide.

I guess Goon might have a shot if Powell ever does something neat with that. Chew might in that stores still seem to order very few. Though I doubt either would have so many "keys" appear out of the woodwork commanding 10-50X cover price like WD.

Don't talk logic. This is all fantasy. :taptaptap:

That wasn't funny or nice.

Is there going to be another "be nice" thread? :facepalm:

No ... trying to teach snarky comic book people to be kind is as difficult as trying to get those same comic book guy types laid or even just shielding them from laughter by attractive women in public places ... somethings require professional help that I don't have the time to teach.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't need to pick at each other all the time. Hell I go out of my way to try and be nice to people on the Boards, compliment others (when I don't need to), etc.

Don't talk logic. This is all fantasy. :taptaptap:

That wasn't funny or nice.

Is there going to be another "be nice" thread? :facepalm:

No ... trying to teach snarky comic book people to be kind is as difficult as trying to get those same comic book guy types laid or even just shielding them from laughter by attractive women in public places ... somethings require professional help that I don't have the time to teach.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't need to pick at each other all the time. Hell I go out of my way to try and be nice to people on the Boards, compliment others (when I don't need to), etc.

:cry: