• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I just started Exmachina. I setup the reading light at the side of the bed again...finally. So far I'm enjoying it. Hopefully it leads to more reading.

Ex Machina is very good but not great. If you haven't read Scalped, that is one of the best new series to come out in the last 5 years.

I just started Exmachina. I setup the reading light at the side of the bed again...finally. So far I'm enjoying it. Hopefully it leads to more reading.

Ex Machina is very good but not great. If you haven't read Scalped, that is one of the best new series to come out in the last 5 years.

Scalped is awesome. :headbang:

I concur! (thumbs u

I concur! (thumbs u

Scalped writer Jason Aaron is going to be making an appearance at a LCS for FCBD here in St. Louis.

Kindness like anything else takes work. It's just like going to the gym. You have to work on it or you get flabby.

Kindness is a trait. Something that is a characteristic of a person's nature - which cannot be taught, learned or practiced.

You don't work on being kind, you are either kind, or unkind. And yes, dickism is a trait of the internet - that's just the way it goes. Use the 'ignore' feature here and enjoy yourself.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 is the second most noticable comic heating up in Lyria's - The Market today. And since today is the reboot of X-O Manowar and the whole Valiant universe I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone really. hm

The guy who bought a Harby #1 in 9.8 for almost $2600 is lighting candles at Our Lady of Lost Causes that the rally continues and he can stem the tide of red ink.

Kindness like anything else takes work. It's just like going to the gym. You have to work on it or you get flabby.

Kindness is a trait. Something that is a characteristic of a person's nature - which cannot be taught, learned or practiced.

You don't work on being kind, you are either kind, or unkind. And yes, dickism is a trait of the internet - that's just the way it goes. Use the 'ignore' feature here and enjoy yourself.

Another great Balls quote. Do I have your permission to put this on a t-shirt?

Balls, I agree with you most of the time. I don't on this one. You most certainly can become kinder, more compassionate, friendlier, more outgoing through hard work and conditioning, despite the fact that you may not be naturally any of the above.

Balls, I agree with you most of the time. I don't on this one. You most certainly can become kinder, more compassionate, friendlier, more outgoing through hard work and conditioning, despite the fact that you may not be naturally any of the above.

I will cut and past from another discussion on the same topic:

Modified behavior is just teaching someone is to go against their ingrained nature to be a dlckhead. Do it enough times, and instead of succumbing to their natural 'unkind' behavior, they consciously choose the more acceptable 'kind' behavior.

That is not kindness. That is simply choosing to do what others deem acceptable out of fear of rejection, reprisal or some other negative reaction. Kindness is a virtuous trait that is a culmination of an ingrained core of values that are part of our personal beliefs, ideas and opinions. While those things may change - a persons core character does not change.

This is certainly debatable all day long, and there's definitely a philosophical bent on discussing it - but that's where I stand. I do believe habits and outlooks can be changed through the things you're talking about - I just don't think it applies to kindness.

Edited by Dr. Balls

I will cut and past from another discussion on the same topic:

That is not kindness. That is simply choosing to do what others deem acceptable out of fear of rejection, reprisal or some other negative reaction. Kindness is a virtuous trait that is a culmination of an ingrained core of values that are part of our personal beliefs, ideas and opinions. While those things may change - a persons core character does not change.

I think we are going way off topic here, but it sounds like you are stating that a core character is made up of personal beliefs, ideas, and opinions. If your personal beliefs, ideas, and opinions can change, why not your ingrained core of values. If I practice kindness for whatever reason, why would that not change who I am as a person if I come to believe that being kind is better than being a bully?

Dan

Is the board being invaded by millennials who have never heard an unkind word in their lives? Everyone gets a trophy? etc.

Bully!

I think we are going way off topic here, but it sounds like you are stating that a core character is made up of personal beliefs, ideas, and opinions. If your personal beliefs, ideas, and opinions can change, why not your ingrained core of values. If I practice kindness for whatever reason, why would that not change who I am as a person if I come to believe that being kind is better than being a bully?

Part of our personal beliefs. The part that doesn't change, and the foundation in which those beliefs are built upon. I think there are parts of our persona that need to be interwoven into who we are in order to develop, explore and change our beliefs, ideas and opinions. We are born with some aspects of our personality established.

Anyways, we are way off topic here. So I'll relinquish my side of the debate and stop threadjacking. Back to on topic:

What's with the 'show me your tlts' version of No Place Like Home #1?

NOPLACE.jpg