• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Some of the words that get filtered here are truly beyond me.

I discovered a new one today... compostable_fertilizer .

I had not seen that one before.

Sold my last two Saga #1 NM first prints for $ 8.99 each yesterday. With all

the alleged furror over the title, I can't understand why they lasted so long.

Because its not that good yet and there is alot of board hype from people buying and slabbing alot of copies? 2c(shrug)

Edited by Fastballspecial

I would say that the non key issues are starting to see a cool down. Still selling a couple a day of random issues, but it's slowed from the 10-20 random issues a day that were selling for a while. One book to look out for is the "Rise of the Governor" Slipcase signed edition. Only 200 of these made. They had a retail at $125. I've sold one at show for $200 and one out of the ebay store for the same. I don't think a lot of stores carried these and this might be in heavy demand once "Governormania" sweeps the universe. I've still got one in the ebay store at 2 franklins, but the other few guys have theirs closer to $300. If you have a shop near you that you can get this at cover for, i suggest doing it.

Did TWD finally cool down?

I mentioned them and everyone ignored me and kept talking about how their comic shop puts dents in all the comics when they teabag them before shelving.

How do you teabag a comic? And why? I save teabags for the .

I would say that the non key issues are starting to see a cool down. Still selling a couple a day of random issues, but it's slowed from the 10-20 random issues a day that were selling for a while.

I'm sure non keys will pick back up October.

I think the end of season 2 was an interesting transitional period for the comics. I think it's safe to say that just about every single affordable raw issue of this series has now been snatched up at the LCS, and all of these books have flooded the eBay market from sellers looking to capitalize on the madness. The sheer volume of sales on eBay pretty much guaranteed that there would be a letdown shortly thereafter. But now, much of the available product out there has settled into the hands of new collectors, and these collectors are much more financially invested in these books than the previous generation of owners. So...the LCS supply has dwindled, and the sell-through continues on eBay. By the time the next season rolls around, I would expect key issues to be a bit harder to come by unless prices continue to increase. I think that, more and more, the available supply is slowly making its way into the hands of long-term collectors (rather than insta-flippers), and so prices could go up again if/when season 3 brings even more fans on board and ushers in another increase in demand for the comics.

I do think that, in the long run, prices will come back down to Earth (at least to the point they were at before the season 2 finale)...but I think the TV show will have to run its course first.

I would be liquidating all of the common issues at this point, but I'm not so eager to let go of the keys yet.

Just my 2c , of course.

Edited by jjeanius

Agree 100%

I think the end of season 2 was an interesting transitional period for the comics. I think it's safe to say that just about every single affordable raw issue of this series has now been snatched up at the LCS, and all of these books have flooded the eBay market from sellers looking to capitalize on the madness. The sheer volume of sales on eBay pretty much guaranteed that there would be a letdown shortly thereafter. But now, much of the available product out there has settled into the hands of new collectors, and these collectors are much more financially invested in these books than the previous generation of owners. So...the LCS supply has dwindled, and the sell-through continues on eBay. By the time the next season rolls around, I would expect key issues to be a bit harder to come by unless prices continue to increase. I think that, more and more, the available supply is slowly making its way into the hands of long-term collectors (rather than insta-flippers), and so prices could go up again if/when season 3 brings even more fans on board and ushers in another increase in demand for the comics.

I do think that, in the long run, prices will come back down to Earth (at least to the point they were at before the season 2 finale)...but I think the TV show will have to run its course first.

I would be liquidating all of the common issues at this point, but I'm not so eager to let go of the keys yet.

Just my 2c , of course.

Agree 100%

Just my 2c , of course.

Post more, please. :devil:

well, if prices for the common books go back down enough folks will stop listing. i'd rather keep them than sell them for cover price, for example. at $6-$10 a pop for regular issues from the 60s - 90s I was selling. many folks who were buying WD wwere buying them to read because they liked them. few were speculating on new issues a few years ago hoping to one day make a buck, these were $2-$3 a pop back issues for a long time, better than most modern stuff, but not profitable for flipping if you were buying near cover price. i had LCSes around me that had issues in the 20s - 50s sitting on the rack for cover price (but not tossed in the dollar box) up to about 3-4 months ago.

seriously, who could have predicted? when was the last time non-key general issues of some modern title were selling for 2-4X cover price in issues 60s - 90s? Byrne X-Men? Miller Daredevils? (and the later ones were not) and it's not like either of those artist runs lasted 90+ issues, both were less than 3 years. not to mention, multiples of CP were a lot easier with 40-50 cent CPs.

Edited by the blob

Are there 2 different versions of the signed edition? I see one on Ebay now that shows an open copy that is signed and numbered /500.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE9RwIs19oBPmBCPYif!~~60_57.JPG

I would say that the non key issues are starting to see a cool down. Still selling a couple a day of random issues, but it's slowed from the 10-20 random issues a day that were selling for a while. One book to look out for is the "Rise of the Governor" Slipcase signed edition. Only 200 of these made. They had a retail at $125. I've sold one at show for $200 and one out of the ebay store for the same. I don't think a lot of stores carried these and this might be in heavy demand once "Governormania" sweeps the universe. I've still got one in the ebay store at 2 franklins, but the other few guys have theirs closer to $300. If you have a shop near you that you can get this at cover for, i suggest doing it.