• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I wonder what's going to happen to early first App. books like the Gold Keys.

Solar, Magnus and Turok. hm

Those characters belong to Dreamworks, and they've been licensed to Dark Horse and Dynamite in the past 5 years.

They aren't Valiant characters now... they were licensed to Valiant in the 1990s.

Gold Key Dr. Solar #1 and Gold Key Magnus #1 are as old as Amazing Spider-man #1, so they have a lot of potential --- but I don't think their potential is closely tied to Valiant popularity anymore.

Yea true, just wondering if at some point some kind of joint deal is made with Dynamite (and Valiant), or they get there own movie deal. hm

Or maybe they get completely left behind.

Just thinking out loud I guess.

Edited by Rip

Yea true, just wondering if at some point some kind of joint deal is made with Dynamite, or they get there own movie deal. hm

Or maybe they get completely left behind.

Just thinking out loud I guess.

Dynamite generally licenses only the print version of the characters they publish. I don't know if they have any film rights. hm

I'd love to see interest in the Gold Key Magnus, as I've got nearly the full run in avg. CGC 9.6.

Alas, I think it's close to the bottom of Dreamworks' list now.

The Dynamite Magnus book isn't bad, and is arguably better than Jim Shooter's take for Dark Horse. Wish I could say the same for Turok :sick:

All this talk about Valiant and no one even mentions that Ninjak #1 sold out last week?

Comics pro variant sold as high as 70.00

Rai #1 has like 4 printings and the 1st wasn't going for more than cover last I checked.

All this talk about Valiant and no one even mentions that Ninjak #1 sold out last week?

Rai #1 has like 4 printings and the 1st wasn't going for more than cover last I checked.

There are LOTS of covers to the Rai #1 first printing.

The 1:75 Aja variant sells for quite a bit more than cover price ($35 or so).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381183104092

There's also a Rai #1 Gold variant... which seems to be a popular collectible for Valiant now.

It's basically impossible to get every Valiant variant, so some collectors are just trying to get every Gold.

I wonder what's going to happen to early first App. books like the Gold Keys.

Solar, Magnus and Turok. hm

Those characters belong to Dreamworks, and they've been licensed to Dark Horse and Dynamite in the past 5 years.

They aren't Valiant characters now... they were licensed to Valiant in the 1990s.

Gold Key Dr. Solar #1 and Gold Key Magnus #1 are as old as Amazing Spider-man #1, so they have a lot of potential --- but I don't think their potential is closely tied to Valiant popularity anymore.

That is the main reason for which, in the end, the Marvel age remains unique (except for licensed characters like ROM or the Micronauts which produced an odd inconsistency – maybe even the Human Fly? What was that one based on?).

I'd love to see interest in the Gold Key Magnus, as I've got nearly the full run in avg. CGC 9.6.

What grade is the #1? :o

But the # 2's a 9.8

The single 9.4, with only a single 9.6 above it... wow. :applause:

There are LOTS of covers to the Rai #1 first printing.

The 1:75 Aja variant sells for quite a bit more than cover price ($35 or so).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381183104092

There's also a Rai #1 Gold variant... which seems to be a popular collectible for Valiant now.

It's basically impossible to get every Valiant variant, so some collectors are just trying to get every Gold.

A 1:75 should be going for at least $75, IMO.

But the # 2's a 9.8

Yeah...but it's only off-white to white.

Proud of my set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=44535

But the # 2's a 9.8

Proud of my set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=44535

Dear lord. That is like a lifetime achievement

But the # 2's a 9.8

Proud of my set:

:o