• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Yeah, but what's gonna' be insane with this Valiant movie hype, minus Magnus, Solar & Turok, is most of the 1st appearance keys are post-Unity, w/ 100k+ print runs.

We're gonna' see books w/ insane print runs for today that peaked at maybe $15 in 1993 reach $50-$60 or more. Literally $.50-$2 for the last 15 years.

I know shop owners who tossed out their Valiant in the garbage along with their late 80s early 90s baseball cards.

Yeah, but what's gonna' be insane with this Valiant movie hype, minus Magnus, Solar & Turok, is most of the 1st appearance keys are post-Unity, w/ 100k+ print runs.

We're gonna' see books w/ insane print runs for today that peaked at maybe $15 in 1993 reach $50-$60 or more. Literally $.50-$2 for the last 15 years.

I know shop owners who tossed out their Valiant in the garbage along with their late 80s early 90s baseball cards.

Haha, oh wow...

Doesn't it actually make more sense to collect the current Valiant stuff. The current publisher will want to make tv shows/movies/video games based on the stuff they are publishing, rather than the original books. Why bother with those 90s books other than the characters' first appearances?

I agree with you, except that any new Valiant characters have less than 3 years of publication.

Yes, there's a good chance that new characters will be important and possibly get their own shows/movies/toys, etc... but they aren't "classic" after 3 years. No nostalgia.

Divinity (which only has one issue published so far) is the only new character to have his own series. He's only two months old in the market. He might be amazing... but we don't know yet.

I don't expect post-Unity first appearance books like Bloodshot #6 to be able to sustain the high prices from the past week.

There are just too many of them... and Ninjak probably isn't going to have 400,000 fans clamoring for a copy.

If the first appearance of Doomsday is still under $100 for a CGC 9.8, it's hard to imagine the first appearance of Ninjak above $100 for a CGC 9.8.

The print run on Bloodshot #6 is probably higher than Man of Steel #18.

It's all about high grade copies. Not seeing many of those in the wild like MOS 18. I alone trashed 2 long boxes in the dumpster of valiant books when I was a teen. I am sure I wasn't the only one.

I'd never throw out any comics but I did make my entire recycling bin full of 80s-90s baseball cards, last year.

The Valiant stuff was too good to ever have no value in my eyes, regardless of how dark their days have been.

yeah, I'm at the point to where I'm even hanging on to drek I have 100% certainty will never amount to anything....time for a Comics Greatest World explosion.

How about that and a Dark Horse Presents issue 1 explosion? I just bought part of an unopened case that sat in a Dark Warehouse since 1986. :wishluck:

:banana:

Concrete!!

hm. I may or may not have heard some interesting news along those lines.

I just don't see much collectible appeal for the current valiant stuff unless it had a new character introduced. Print numbers on most of the valiant keys we discuss aren't that high compared to other keys. Yes current books have very small print runs but are all not walking dead type of numbers.

Doesn't it actually make more sense to collect the current Valiant stuff. The current publisher will want to make tv shows/movies/video games based on the stuff they are publishing, rather than the original books. Why bother with those 90s books other than the characters' first appearances?

First appearances are pretty much the driving factor of the back issue market. That's why

Man, that's got to hurt, but I understand. A few years back I thought my 90s comics were worthless and tried to give them all to my nephews. The only thing that saved me was that their mothers didn't want the clutter. We're talking near mint copies of New Mutants 87 & 98, X-Men 266, etc, almost ended up as coloring books.

I don't expect post-Unity first appearance books like Bloodshot #6 to be able to sustain the high prices from the past week.

There are just too many of them... and Ninjak probably isn't going to have 400,000 fans clamoring for a copy.

If the first appearance of Doomsday is still under $100 for a CGC 9.8, it's hard to imagine the first appearance of Ninjak above $100 for a CGC 9.8.

It is?

It is?

It is

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=man+of+steel+17+cgc+9.8&rmvSB=true&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xman+of+steel+18+cgc+9.8.TRS0&_nkw=man+of+steel+18+cgc+9.8&ghostText=&_sacat=0

It is?

It is

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=man+of+steel+17+cgc+9.8&rmvSB=true&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xman+of+steel+18+cgc+9.8.TRS0&_nkw=man+of+steel+18+cgc+9.8&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Oh, 1st full Doomsday, gotcha.

It is?

It is

Oh, 1st full Doomsday, gotcha.

While I do agree with valiantman's thesis now, if Ninjak makes it to the silver screen, all logic goes out the window.

Same for the flip side: if Doomsday shows up on screen MoS 18 takes off.