• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I just cannot believe what that Rai 0 is selling for.

New Hulk #13. Awesome Deadpool cover and sold out at Diamond. Possible to gain some traction?

4 Shops -- all sold out.

Saw a giant stack of these at my LCS and I went late in the day :shrug:

not taking any chances -- not to mention those white covers.

Shop owners were saying that this books top staple had black scuffs and really hard to find top grade candidates.

New Hulk #13. Awesome Deadpool cover and sold out at Diamond. Possible to gain some traction?

4 Shops -- all sold out.

Saw a giant stack of these at my LCS and I went late in the day :shrug:

not taking any chances -- not to mention those white covers.

Shop owners were saying that this books top staple had black scuffs and really hard to find top grade candidates.

side note: Mark Bagley's rendition of Hulk is atrocious... he should stick to Spidey.

In a 'too little' or 'too much' way? I (still) don't know anything about these books or the Valiant universe, so I don't have any context to follow your intent.

I can't speak to the intent of the other post, but, while a key book, the print run on Rai #0 was large (well over 100K) for a non-big 2 book, as the heavy Valiant speculation was underway when the book was published. There are plenty of copies out there, although many may not be readily available.

In a 'too little' or 'too much' way? I (still) don't know anything about these books or the Valiant universe, so I don't have any context to follow your intent.

I can't speak to the intent of the other post, but, while a key book, the print run on Rai #0 was large (well over 100K) for a non-big 2 book, as the heavy Valiant speculation was underway when the book was published. There are plenty of copies out there, although many may not be readily available.

That is because someone pointed out a Glossy/Not as Glossy variation in the print run. Everyone is scrambling to see if they get an early glossy to try and cut down on the print run number being so big.

The only issues I see, is that many of these books will be banged up from the Valiant crash dollar box syndrome that plagued many of these Valiant books. Original numbers were high, how many are left intact?

I have 0 slabs, and I am scared to admit my first may be a Harbinger #1 or a Solar #3.

That is because someone pointed out a Glossy/Not as Glossy variation in the print run. Everyone is scrambling to see if they get an early glossy to try and cut down on the print run number being so big.

The only issues I see, is that many of these books will be banged up from the Valiant crash dollar box syndrome that plagued many of these Valiant books. Original numbers were high, how many are left intact?

I have 0 slabs, and I am scared to admit my first may be a Harbinger #1 or a Solar #3.

Rai #0 was hot from the moment of release. Granted the Valiant books didn't stay that way, but I would think that it would have been better-than-average care from the average collector.

All this talk about Valiant and no one even mentions that Ninjak #1 sold out last week?

Comics pro variant sold as high as 70.00

Rai #1 has like 4 printings and the 1st wasn't going for more than cover last I checked.

There are LOTS of covers to the Rai #1 first printing.

The 1:75 Aja variant sells for quite a bit more than cover price ($35 or so).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381183104092

There's also a Rai #1 Gold variant... which seems to be a popular collectible for Valiant now.

It's basically impossible to get every Valiant variant, so some collectors are just trying to get every Gold.

A 1:75 should be going for at least $75, IMO.

I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but since the publishers have been pumping out these variants like crazy, the price is no longer $1 x ratio. I have seen with many variants the past year the price is now about $0.50 x the ratio. So, a 1:10 is about $5. A 1:50 is about $25. A 1:100 is about $50. And so on.

If you buy it pre-sale, you'll pay closer to a $1 x ratio (especially if you buy from an online retailer like DCBService.) The longer you have wait, the better the price you can get with average being about $0.50 x ratio with 2-3 weeks after the book is released. But, there is always the odd chance the variant in question gets hot and the lower price never happens. But that is not as common as it use to be.

That has been my observation the past year.

wow... that TMNT 44 incentive is going crazy...

All gone from eBay, only 2 left on there......one being auctioned and one with a BIN at over $100...... I only see about 5 other listings for covers A and B..... People really wanting this it looks like.

All gone from eBay, only 2 left on there......one being auctioned and one with a BIN at over $100...... I only see about 5 other listings for covers A and B..... People really wanting this it looks like.

Craziness. I picked up the retailer incentive for $4.99 yesterday morning.

I got the incentive for... $7! Plus $5 shipping! Happy dance! Also got the B cover for $4 plus $6 shipping. Can't wait to get my greedy hands on these! When I woke up this morning and checked the eBay listings I couldn't believe it. Now so far (as far as I can tell) no one has paid $100 for the incentive cover. One thing about eBay, the asking price and what people are willing to pay can be 2 very different numbers!

Of course I am also looking at ebay.ca and it might not show listings that aren't willing to ship to Canada so my numbers might be skewed :P

Does anyone have an estimate on the number of copies printed? I can't imagine it's a lot. Neither of my LCBS even stock TMNT

Edited by Greatest Lantern

I picked up the incentive copy at 3.99 yesterday. I feel lucky the RI cover on 42 caught my eye and I randomly purchased it. I hadn't read any other issue of this current run but I really enjoyed it. And I've decided to follow since. I don't think anyone really saw this death coming so it's a pretty cool issue. I feel like I should check if the regular cover copy is still there. TMNT doesn't seem very popular there.