• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Nah. I wasn't aware. I had been wanting a couple of his pages from this series anyway. This just seemed like a good time to jump. I'm pretty confident I can sell one and recoup the cost of all three. If not, I'm happy to keep all of them. I have a pretty decent art collection, and these will fit in nicely. Monetarily, I don't think it's going to make much difference on my value expectations on these anyway. (I went on about it for a while in an earlier post in this thread)
I hope the seller made sure you were aware that Donatello might not be dead.

I'm pretty sure Krigh was joking :gossip:

Just for future reference, and in case Splinter comes down with Feline Aids, or Oprah sits on Raphael gets his spleen squished out through his nostril, where would one find this OA to buy? I agree, it looks FABULOUS! and I wouldn't mind picking up some in the future, regardless of deathly stories of speculation and frivolity.

Just for future reference, and in case Splinter comes down with Feline Aids, or Oprah sits on Raphael gets his spleen squished out through his nostril, where would one find this OA to buy? I agree, it looks FABULOUS! and I wouldn't mind picking up some in the future, regardless of deathly stories of speculation and frivolity.

Splinter is a rat, not a cat - he should be worried about Toxoplasmosis.

He should be kicking the bucket anytime now don't you think? Rats typically don't have long lives. hm

He should be kicking the bucket anytime now don't you think? Rats typically don't have long lives. hm

I think its safe to assume the 'ooze' that mutated the turtles (and splinter) affected the physiology of everyone enough to believe that Splinter might have an extended lifespan.

I would imagine DC's Futures End #47 will be heating up on Ebay soon...

No spoilers, but it will soon be a ten dollar bill...

I like ten dollar bills.

hm

Sounds about right with Tim Drake being the new Batman Beyond...

Wait, what? Super misleading interview responses.

"sacrificed his very existence to protect others"

"WTN: Who was the one to pitch the idea of Donatello’s death? How did Kevin or others in the office take it once the issue was finalized and ready to print?

Tom Waltz: This idea started with Bobby Curnow, who presented it to Kevin and I in broad strokes way back when and over time we worked together to mold it into our running story line. Kevin and everyone involved was ecstatic when we finally saw it come to fruition in printed form… and everyone was just as surprised as I have been about the widespread response its gotten."

" I’m sure it was part of our molding process once we decided Donnie was going to meet such a tragic fate."

Same here. I would have marked that down a while ago if i had realized it was still sitting at that price.

Apparently there's still love for this book. I forgot that I had it.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24426421

Wow.

I had thought this book was dead in the water.

I actually still buy it for the art and fun read, but didn't think any of them were worth anything.

came across this on the google plus group....someone posted it. pertains to tmnt.

http://wethenerdy.com/death-in-the-family-an-interview-with-tom-waltz/

After reading this interview, here's my take:

1) Donatello died. WIth the way the interviewer worded his questions, he gave the co-writer NUMEROUS opportunities to dispell the notion that Donatello didn't die. He was never corrected.

2) Donatello will be back. How though? When? My take: the ooze (somehow) and issue #50. We've all seen the preview of Donatello in bed with the oxygen mask on.

3) TMNT #44 will remain hot for awhile, but it will cool down (how's that for brilliant speculation?) :kidaround:

I KNOW he's a rat! That's why it would be so bad for him to get Feline Aids. It's horrible on Rats.