• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

i don't think Ms Marvel needs tv talk to be popular.

I agree with this. She's a pretty cool character and her book's a fun read. She will be front and center in the new Avengers book. I see steady increase in fandom like Deadpool and Harley Quinn have experienced before and apart from any movie or tv hype.

I agree with the earlier sentiment about resistance to preview books as first appearances. They experience price increase but never seem to be THE book. Meanwhile the low print 2nd print Captain Marvel #17, in addition to coming out earlier, has the Alphona cover going for it, which is high profile especially in a post-slab collecting world.

DP and HQ are in some rarefied air.

That's true, I guess that was a pretty optimistic comparison. With Deadpool you got the internet popularity with the memes and Harley has years of Batman the Animated Series fans to draw from. I think it's more that Ms. Marvel has a nice chance to develop fandom and popularity more organically and not so much speculator driven by movie or tv hype. The book is well received and Marvel seems to have her in their plans for consistent push and exposure.

seems like little to no interest for the 1st full appearance of Ms Marvel in All New Marvel Point One, only 4 copies for sale and no real movement.

I guess people would rather have a 2nd printing of CM 17 with a cameo

I think there is resistance to preview books though I'm not sure why. I've seen this with Rat Queens, Wytches, and other short story previews. The herd doesn't appreciate them now. Looking at how popular reprints have become, I could see a change in this area in the future too.

There's two kinds of previews. There's the DC Comics Presents 26 type, which is a unique story, and there's the recent Image type, which are short snippets from upcoming books. I think ambiguity has led people to assume most recent previews are type 2. 2c

seems like little to no interest for the 1st full appearance of Ms Marvel in All New Marvel Point One, only 4 copies for sale and no real movement.

I think there is resistance to preview books though I'm not sure why. I've seen this with Rat Queens, Wytches, and other short story previews. The herd doesn't appreciate them now. Looking at how popular reprints have become, I could see a change in this area in the future too.

There's two kinds of previews. There's the DC Comics Presents 26 type, which is a unique story, and there's the recent Image type, which are short snippets from upcoming books. I think ambiguity has led people to assume most recent previews are type 2. 2c

and of course.. there are always spawn ad preview

That's a good point. It's just a matter of time before ANMN goes mainstream.

ANMN was flying under the radar for the longest time and it will take some time for it to pick up the pace. I like ANMN because of the stand alone story and the introduction.

Apparently there's only 2 of this book graded (9.6 and a 9.8). I wonder what do those label say?

Seems to be picking up a bit. Another one sold for above $17.00 today.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40|R40|R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=All+new+marvel+now+point+one&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

But the 2nd print of 17 and the Adams variant for MsM 1 seem to be the big ones.

Edited by Rip

Speaking of Preacher, I have the Vertigo Gallery Dreams and Nightmares (like the one in the link, but that`s not my sale, I'm not selling yet) that I got in a lot of 4 long boxes. I would grade it in a 8.5 - 9, do you think it's worth sending to the CGC to get slabbed, will that add an extra $100 on to the asking price? The census says there have only been 4 slabbed, total. 1 9.8 reg, 2 9.8 SS and a reg 9.0. Mine would probably be the lowest on that census, if I had to guess. Is this something that will heat up as the show gets nearer, or when people realize they can't afford a preacher number one :) I only paid a quarter for it, so anything is a win in this situation.

Do you guys think this will happen with the Rat Queens' What's Next preview ? Their pretty popular themselves and those books are cheap. I think they preceded Rat Queens #1 by at least 2 months.

Speaking of Preacher, I have the Vertigo Gallery Dreams and Nightmares (like the one in the link, but that`s not my sale, I'm not selling yet) that I got in a lot of 4 long boxes. I would grade it in a 8.5 - 9, do you think it's worth sending to the CGC to get slabbed, will that add an extra $100 on to the asking price? The census says there have only been 4 slabbed, total. 1 9.8 reg, 2 9.8 SS and a reg 9.0. Mine would probably be the lowest on that census, if I had to guess. Is this something that will heat up as the show gets nearer, or when people realize they can't afford a preacher number one :) I only paid a quarter for it, so anything is a win in this situation.

Get it signed by Stan Lee

You have this sorted by "completed" listings, not ones that actually sold.

Seems to be selling for low $50's to mid $60's. If the book cost $20, as was stated in here + cost of shipping, grading and fees, you are losing money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=spider-gwen+1+phantom+cgc&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Seems to be selling for low $50's to mid $60's. If the book cost $20, as was stated in here + cost of shipping, grading and fees, you are losing money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=spider-gwen+1+phantom+cgc&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Sigh....

Same with EVERY cover....

Do you guys think this will happen with the Rat Queens' What's Next preview ? Their pretty popular themselves and those books are cheap. I think they preceded Rat Queens #1 by at least 2 months.

Rat Queens is a true reader's book. No hype here, no cashing in on deaths or a million variants. Just a very out the box kind of title that caters to current demographics - female readers.

Yes, its also optioned for a cartoon series, but it does exceptionally well with or without that in mind. If the current writing will continue to resonate with its target demographics it will be just a matter of time before it becomes an even bigger hit than it is currently. Yes Im a believer

Wow, just got an email from John Tyler Christopher canceling my order of Boba Fett covers because he says (or his wife says) that they sold more than they had due to a computer error...I orderEd when there were still 3000+ available on the website....and now he sells them for $60 a pop at conventions. Just wow.

Rat Queens is a true reader's book. No hype here, no cashing in on deaths or a million variants. Just a very out the box kind of title that caters to current demographics - female readers.

Yes, its also optioned for a cartoon series, but it does exceptionally well with or without that in mind. If the current writing will continue to resonate with its target demographics it will be just a matter of time before it becomes an even bigger hit than it is currently. Yes Im a believer

Rat Queens is one of my favorite books. I think the thing I like about it most is that, while it is definitely a female cast, I've never felt beaten over the head by it. I'm not sure how to put it... they're not female just to be female? Or at least, it doesn't feel that way. Great book, I hope it runs for years.

the laughing smiley face in Lonzilla's post indicates the he was making a joke and pointing out that those Spider-Gwen variants are tanking...

Wow, just got an email from John Tyler Christopher canceling my order of Boba Fett covers because he says (or his wife says) that they sold more than they had due to a computer error...I orderEd when there were still 3000+ available on the website....and now he sells them for $60 a pop at conventions. Just wow.

Wow is right. Even if it's an error and they sold a little more than intended on the site out of the ones set aside for the con they should fill the order since you paid IMO. I hope they make it right with you.