• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

Batman 40 combo pack appeared and then sold out at Midtown in around 1 min 30 seconds

I had it in my cart and it wouldn't let me check out. It said limit one, but sometimes they allow you to check out with a full 25. This may have led to the quick sell-out of this. They usually last longer than that with almost any book.

Yeah, I went to Midtown's website immediately after seeing the post in the Combo thread, Wish List listing already.

Picked up three Batman #40 Mask covers for cover today, as well as one regular. Between the 5 stores I went to today, two were selling the Mask cover for cover price (one sold it to me at cover while marked at $15 for being a regular), none had the 1:25 (though one store had sold it already for $70), one store had far more of the Mask cover than the regular all bagged at $10. All in all, heavy supply from what I could see, but it seemed everyone I saw buying today had at least one copy of some sort.

Also picked up two 1:10 Turtles #45 (one cover price, one $6), another comic that seemed to be in relatively heavy supply. Another note is that any store I saw that had any issues of Sex Criminals #4 and under 1st printings had them marked up to at least $10. Even a 1st printing of #6 I saw for $12.

2nd printings for Darth Vader #3 seems to be selling well, also.

I had one in my cart as well but the little + add button wouldn't work. I watched their site for hours today and refreshed right as the update happened. It actually wasn't even complete because the DC section only showed like 6 books before I had to refresh again. It literally took me no more than 10 seconds to add to my cart then attempt to add to my weekly subscription order but it wouldn't allow me. I'm pretty confident MTC pulled or blocked them and nobody got one this afternoon with the exception of a couple preorders posted on the other combo thread.

Batman 40 combo pack appeared and then sold out at Midtown in around 1 min 30 seconds

I had it in my cart and it wouldn't let me check out. It said limit one, but sometimes they allow you to check out with a full 25. This may have led to the quick sell-out of this. They usually last longer than that with almost any book.

There probably just weren't very many of them.

I managed to snag 2 regular and 1 mask covers this morning. They were going fast.

As for combo packs I happened to find a Batman/Superman 18 combo pack at Half Price Books the other day. I've never got one of the combo packs before. Is the code just printed on the inside back cover or is it supposed to be covered with a sticker that you peel off to revel the code?

1 shop near me had 2 of the monster cover and 25 of the mask cover. Apparently a guy in town waited for the store to open to buy all the variants and had a friend do the same at another store. So no 1:25 for me here.

I managed to snag 2 regular and 1 mask covers this morning. They were going fast.

As for combo packs I happened to find a Batman/Superman 18 combo pack at Half Price Books the other day. I've never got one of the combo packs before. Is the code just printed on the inside back cover or is it supposed to be covered with a sticker that you peel off to revel the code?

Printed on the inside back cover

Batman 40 combo is like chasing a Unicorn

Agreed. I'm paranoid about not getting my copy and not having a full run of endgame in digital combo pack style!

its not like they're going to disappear from the face of the earth. You can still buy them, probably just at higher prices.

Agreed. I'm paranoid about not getting my copy and not having a full run of endgame in digital combo pack style!

its not like they're going to disappear from the face of the earth. You can still buy them, probably just at higher prices.

Not the same. I have had them on my pull list since issue 15 I think. Well before they became popular. I would hate to start chasing now.

Not the same. I have had them on my pull list since issue 15 I think. Well before they became popular. I would hate to start chasing now.

is there any history of things on your pull not showing up? especially things your subscribed to? that's a dangerous game to play for your LCS.

So, I can get multiple copies of Batman #40 and #40 Mask Movie variant from a couple of stores. Is it worth it? There are no limits and both stores are well stocked.

Edited by kimik

So, I can get multiple copies of Batman #40 and #40 Mask Movie variant from a couple of stores. Is it worth it? There are no limits and both stores are well stocked.

Yeah, and get a couple of each for me while you're at it. :baiting:

lol

Printed on the inside back cover

Cool, that was a nice find for $1 then...