• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Theoretically, it's supposed to be the 2nd variant of the 4th printing....

....but UPCs have fallen short in the last 10 years.

:D

Very short. The UPC numerical system was not designed to handle 162 different variants for one issue, equate it computer systems not being able to hand the year 2000 rollover.

way way way too many variants...one store I went to had all the variants in a long box because he ran out of room on the racks. I stuck with the Hip-Hop variants.

Same here.

And my LCS only charged cover for most of them. When there are that MANY variants, I stay clear of the book. With Marvel, It's not a wise investment. No value in the book, like a new car...only downhill from here.

way way way too many variants...one store I went to had all the variants in a long box because he ran out of room on the racks. I stuck with the Hip-Hop variants.

Same here.

And my LCS only charged cover for most of them. When there are that MANY variants, I stay clear of the book. With Marvel, It's not a wise investment. No value in the book, like a new car...only downhill from here.

:applause:

That's the kind of thinking that gets new guys big kudos from some of the old-timers around here. (thumbs u

"If there's nothing special about the regular edition, then why pay extra for a limited variant of nothing special?"

I will warn you, though... using this kind of common sense in the Modern Comics area of the board is generally (and sometimes vigorously) opposed by those with thousands of dollars worth of "limited nothing special".

lol

Same here.

That's the kind of thinking that gets new guys big kudos from some of the old-timers around here. (thumbs u

"If there's nothing special about the regular edition, then why pay extra for a limited variant of nothing special?"

I will warn you, though... using this kind of common sense in the Modern Comics area of the board is generally (and sometimes vigorously) opposed by those with thousands of dollars worth of "limited nothing special".

If you check some of the recent posts about ASM #667 or #678 or Wolverine Deadpool then there are specific examples of limited nothing special.

lol

I may be new here, but I've been collecting for 20 years. I know how the market works and can spot a "false spec" a mile away. :acclaim:

Anywho, thank you all for the applause and cheers !

Edited by Candletric

Also notice Midtown is asking $250 for the Invincible Iron Man #1 Deadpool party sketch cover that was limited one per store.

They can ask as much as they want. Why stop at $250, why not $1,000?

A store their size might actually find a customer that will pay it lol

Just passed by Midtown again and that copy is gone lol

Same here.

If you check some of the recent posts about ASM #667 or #678 or Wolverine Deadpool then there are specific examples of limited nothing special.

lol

I may be new here, but I've been collecting for 20 years. I know how the market works and can spot a "false spec" a mile away. :acclaim:

Anywho, thank you all for the applause and cheers !

You should post more in Comic General (thumbs u

Also notice Midtown is asking $250 for the Invincible Iron Man #1 Deadpool party sketch cover that was limited one per store.

They can ask as much as they want. Why stop at $250, why not $1,000?

A store their size might actually find a customer that will pay it lol

Just passed by Midtown again and that copy is gone lol

Funny. They had he Adam Hughes SPIDER-GWEN #1 variant available for $250. 2 copes last I checked.

Anyone think Justice League Dark #1 will rise with the movie announcement? I passed on it back in 2011, and now I'm wondering why I did.

Scott Rudin being a producer on it is a very good thing. So I would say yes....

I'm not up to date on the Kaboom kids comics, never heard of Steven Universe until a few days ago, but jeez, some of them have sold for crazy prices

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40&_nkw=steven%20universe&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It's based off a Cartoon Network tv show that was created by an Adventure Time writer.

IMDb Steven Universe

Edited by revivedrevival