• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I'm not up to date on the Kaboom kids comics, never heard of Steven Universe until a few days ago, but jeez, some of them have sold for crazy prices

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40&_nkw=steven%20universe&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It's based off a Cartoon Network tv show that was created by an Adventure Time writer.

IMDb Steven Universe

I tried to watch this show. It's horrible. Go with Over the Garden Wall if you are looking for a killer new cartoon.

Anyone wanna shoot out an educated guess at the print run for Contest of Champions? My LCS only ordered 10.

Have copperage kid, or whatever his name was, ask his LCS, since they have inside information to print runs the week books come out.

Anyone wanna shoot out an educated guess at the print run for Contest of Champions? My LCS only ordered 10.

Have copperage kid, or whatever his name was, ask his LCS, since they have inside information to print runs the week books come out.

lol

In all honesty, I imagine the print was pretty small. I don't normally see Midtown run out of 1:25 super quick, and the Yu variant is already sold out. I'm thinking it could be as low as 50,000, or still as high as 75,000. Idk haha.

Picked up a few Scooby Doo Team up 12's earlier today . I contacted my local Books A million store the week of its release .

They said they had the comics/magazines for the week in the back unopened . This was the Friday after it was released . I left my number and asked them to hold a copy and call if they got any. They finally called today . 2 weeks after I left my number . I got 2 copies . There were 4 more on the shelf that had minor dings and corner bends.

I was smart enough to bring in a few bags and boards to put the books in .

The counter monkey showed no regard for their condition and I dont think I would have wanted them If I hadnt bagged and boarded them , as he tried to bend the comics to scan them in to the register .

So if there are any Books A Million near you. You might get lucky with this book.

No such luck for me on this book. My nearest BAM usually has very nice copies of books on the shelves, it is just getting them out of the store in the same condition being the real trick. That being said, I went to the store several times looking for this book and it appears someone probably came in and grabbed every copy like a total person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. I say this because a few copies of #11 were still there after 2 months, then they were gone the next time I went in and the slot was empty!!! I never take every copy of a book like that. I'm pretty bummed as I have most of the issues in this series but never have put it on my LCS pull list for some reason as I usually like to get newsstand copies.

yes, i had the same thing happen the only time i went inside BAM. the cashier was surprised i no longer wanted the comic after she bent it in half to scan it

as for scooby and harley, for what it's worth i saw a copy in nice shape sitting at $12 on the display at a very busy dealer through at least saturday of NYCC, which sounds about right as it is now an $8-$12 ebay book. no retirement for anyone on that one!

I dunno about ebay, but my son's friend who came with us to NYCC on sunday was desperately looking for kid flash comics and couldn't find any in the cheap boxes, was told again and again they were sold out of them. a run on kid flash comics? i have no idea. i guess it is a limited universe of books.

I dunno about ebay, but my son's friend who came with us to NYCC on sunday was desperately looking for kid flash comics and couldn't find any in the cheap boxes, was told again and again they were sold out of them. a run on kid flash comics? i have no idea. i guess it is a limited universe of books.

Probably due to this: http://screenrant.com/the-flash-tv-season-2-wally-west/

ok, i was just trying to figure out which comics these are on ebay without much luck. i see why he's looking for them. the kid doesn't really read comics other than these and some deadpools (for the first time)

it is amazing how ALL of my son's contemporaries (9-12) are into deadpool bigtime. they aren't all comic readers though, so i don't get it as he has shown up int the spiderman cartoon only once or twice and the version of him in the wolverine movie was not that interesting. are they finding him somewhere else? just cuz he makes for a cool action figure? video games?

dc must be pizzed that they didn't sue a long time ago.

Definitely the video game has had a large influence. My son announced he 'outgrew' comics a couple of years ago, but now he (and his friends) absolutely love Deadpool due to the video game.

Definitely the video game has had a large influence. My son announced he 'outgrew' comics a couple of years ago, but now he (and his friends) absolutely love Deadpool due to the video game.

That video game is pretty good.

In all honesty, I imagine the print was pretty small. I don't normally see Midtown run out of 1:25 super quick, and the Yu variant is already sold out. I'm thinking it could be as low as 50,000, or still as high as 75,000. Idk haha.

Midtown Times Square has a couple of Yu variants for $20 behind the counter.

Oh dang. I was talking about the website. I see them for sale between $25-$75 on eBay. I think this book will eventually be like the land variant for eosv, and so I picked up a second copy.

Wow that jumped pretty quick!

What book are we talking here now?

The Yu variant for Contest of Champions. It has the first appearance of White Fox. She was in an Avengers show in Asia called Electric Rain. I googled her and a lot of people seemed to enjoy her in that. I think she's cool. She's on the cover of that Yu variant, and some others, but the Yu seems like the most popular by far.

Oh dang. I was talking about the website. I see them for sale between $25-$75 on eBay. I think this book will eventually be like the land variant for eosv, and so I picked up a second copy.

Wow that jumped pretty quick!

What book are we talking here now?

ABF0C759-748C-4726-9954-E8E4EB0D5A68.png.jpeg