• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

lol

This was a $5 last month. Wonder what made it a $20 book lately hm

Looks like a healthy demand for such an obscure modern title tho

hm

Funny the timing of things to take off. Lead 2x Avengers teams, and now the New Ultimates, and people start to take notice. I started buying up this book when they announced he was leading the Ewing-written mighty avengers 2-1/2 years ago. The news broke the day my son was born, so I remember it well.

I even shared it back in this thread dated 7/4/13, along with some other names you will recognize now...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=6829760&Searchpage=1&Main=305197&Words=Quinten+quire&topic=0&Search=true#Post6829760

Nobody ever listens...and I kept buying every copy I could find since then... :whistle:

lol

hm

Funny the timing of things to take off. Lead 2x Avengers teams, and now the New Ultimates, and people start to take notice. I started buying up this book when they announced he was leading the Ewing-written mighty avengers 2-1/2 years ago. The news broke the day my son was born, so I remember it well.

I even shared it back in this thread dated 7/4/13, along with some other names you will recognize now...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=6829760&Searchpage=1&Main=305197&Words=Quinten+quire&topic=0&Search=true#Post6829760

Nobody ever listens...and I kept buying every copy I could fine since then... :whistle:

A prediction coming from actually reading the books. How refreshing!

Kudos to you!

lol

hm

Nobody ever listens...and I kept buying every copy I could fine since then... :whistle:

A prediction coming from actually reading the books. How refreshing!

Kudos to you!

Comics: Also fun to READ. (thumbs u

Time to take Adam: Legend of the blue marvel off the under $5 bucks list. Last sales all over $20+, and only one copy left on eBay and asking 79.99 BIN-OBO :o

That was FAST!

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=adam+blue+marvel+1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

YOU BROUGHT IT OUT ! I was keeping it under the bridge. that's the problem when we all participate in a spec thread. the lookers start snagging . I am glad , like you, I have been grabbing these for well over a year.

Adam Legend of Blue Marvel 1 $3.99 Marvel 17,305 (comicchron)

Edited by paul747

Blue marvel 1? 40 Bucks nm last copy on Amazon. Mysterious Island Nyc has about 50 copies for 20.00 ea. Its a mom and pop store but if you google them they may let you mail order. I remember the book..pretty low print and was hoarded on top of that during the whole black super hero thing that was going on then ie. all the Obama covers. So yea news on the forums pretty much spread the word for those that didnt know. Sell now or I guess good luck with it going up more...not likely. I think the hoarders of this book are going to drop them into the market.

Although the black 2nd print cover seems to be the only one truly jumping right now. Some of the rarer variants may follow.

Yes 2nd and 3rd prints are really smoking currently.

3rd prints have remained pretty steady and slabs aren't much higher than they were a few months ago while yes the 2nd prints have tripled.

I didn't think 2nd prints would hit $350 in 9.8 this soon, with only 94 blue labels in 9.8 and a very limited number of those for sale, can a $500 sale be far behind?

Yes 2nd and 3rd prints are really smoking currently.

3rd prints have remained pretty steady and slabs aren't much higher than they were a few months ago while yes the 2nd prints have tripled.

I didn't think 2nd prints would hit $350 in 9.8 this soon, with only 94 blue labels in 9.8 and a very limited number of those for sale, can a $500 sale be far behind?

Again, black covers are a pain. I have been looking at the eBay sales and even books going for $50 plus are not what I would call very high grade. Most seem in the 8.5 to 9.4 range, which is surprising for a 3 year old book. There is visible color break along most of the spines, and many have fingerprints.

Edited by drotto

Anybody know any further info or have comments on the brand new

Harley Quinn 3001 character that debuted last month in Justice League 3001 #5

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Nobody cares about HQ3001, let alone JL3001.

you may be right

i just thought its curious with so many Harley Quinn collectors that demand might grow for this book once more become aware of it.

Man you are a huckster. You have the book so pumped up on eBay for 19.99 and everyone else has it for 3 bucks.

Thanks for making us aware.

Edited by paul747

thanks

Bombshells #4 has 1940's Harley Quinn in a better series. No variants either.

thanks

Bombshells #4 has 1940's Harley Quinn in a better series. No variants either.

I like this Harley. I've got a little collection of just the Bombshell Harley.