• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Sellers keep claiming there were only 250 copies of this printed. But how can this be? Looking at the census there are currently 182 slabs just for CGC alone and the book is only two and a half years old.

That low of a print run does not seem to jibe.

-J.

Sellers keep claiming there were only 250 copies of this printed. But how can this be? Looking at the census there are currently 182 slabs just for CGC alone and the book is only two and a half years old.

-J.

When Skybound sold these on their website a few Black Fridays ago they noted that only 250 were made. They were pretty costly for a raw book so I would figure must who purchased the book did so to get it slabbed. Thus the high number on the census.

Here's the link to the original sale from Skybound.

http://www.skybound.com/skybound-black-friday-weekend-sale/

Edited by cbalroman

-J.

It was worth money right out of the gate. No purchase limit upon release and immediately slab bed.

And there are only 135 graded. ;)

Is this the closest any publisher has gotten to producing a 1 of a kind variant? Seriously, we can count on 2 hands the number of retailers who can order 4,999 copies of a single issue of a comic book.

Certainly not a sign that a crash or correction is imminent.

I thought that same thing three years ago when someone paid $10,000 for a Revival #1 :insane:

-J.

It was worth money right out of the gate. No purchase limit upon release and immediately slab bed.

(thumbs u So there were more than 250 printed/distiributed?

Also I am seeing 182 "Lucille variants" on the census. Unless I am looking at the wrong entry. (shrug)

-J.

-J.

Also I am seeing 182 "Lucille variants" on the census. Unless I am looking at the wrong entry. (shrug)

-J.

Only 250.

Yes, you are looking at the wrong entry.

-J.

-J.

Only 250.

Yes, you are looking at the wrong entry.

Ah I see. I was referencing it based on what aweanlorder called it. There are 187 Lucille variants and 135 of the "red foil" version. If there were only 250 of those printed that is still a stunningly high percentage of copies slabbed.

-J.