• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Anybody know any further info or have comments on the brand new

Harley Quinn 3001 character that debuted last month in Justice League 3001 #5

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Remember in the '90s when Ghost Rider and the Punisher were hot, so Marvel created versions of them for 2099 and the Guardians of the Galaxy timeline? Was anyone interested in those?

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Remember in the '90s when Ghost Rider and the Punisher were hot, so Marvel created versions of them for 2099 and the Guardians of the Galaxy timeline? Was anyone interested in those?

briefly, yes. punisher 2099 1 sold a lot of copies. was it ever more than a $5 back issue? probably not.

i collect the ashley wood GR 2099s, but that's because i am weird like that.

thanks

Nobody cares about HQ3001, let alone JL3001.

I dunno JL3000/1 has been a pretty good read. It is a throwback to the Justice League Super Buddies days. We still read comics here don't we? :D

thanks

I dunno JL3000/1 has been a pretty good read. It is a throwback to the Justice League Super Buddies days. We still read comics here don't we? :D

Yes, we do.

thanks

Yes, we do.

not in this thread

A good story no longer is relevant to "heating up".

Only if it's in demand.

and only if demand is or will be greater than (perceived) available supply. It ALWAYS boils down to this, regardless of the demand driver, whether it be quality story, tv/movie rumors, perceived scarcity, cosplay, or whatever. People and markets typically (admittedly not always) act the way you think they will, and we all should act accordingly based on our risk and profit and investment preferences. Do you like to sell on the way up? Buy based on what you like? Buy on the way down and way for rebound? Buy for yourself when the price has leveled off? Hold as long as possible? None of the above? All of the above? Good for you.

i think the objection was to the perceived attempt to pump a book without any evidence that anyone else in the market is interested. if the "offending" post had some links to $10-$15+ sales of said issue i think an accusatory objection would have been unwarranted.

jeez louise, what happened to this book?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOWHERE-MEN-1-FIRST-PRINT-2012-IMAGE-NICE-/181872359151?hash=item2a586ff6ef:g:9gUAAOSw37tV-V3C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hulk-1-RED-HULK-Avengers-Civil-War-/221825649718?hash=item33a5d6cc36:g:kBgAAOSwHnFVo9cp

mehhhhh

BUT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HULK-1-2008-Series-Marvel-1st-Print-NEAR-MINT-NM-Red-Hulk-Appearance-Loeb-/371370751030?hash=item56776bf436:g:jccAAOSwyQtVlWA~

hmmmm

Not really super heating heating up as $26 was an anomoly...the books sells easily, but seems to be in the $8-$25 range raw. Did this have a huge print-run that might be pushing prices down? Seems like it could have legs long-term as the character has a lot to work with. My 4 year old makes me tell him bedtime stories with Green Hulk AND Red Hulk, so they are pushing him in the cartoon at least.

OOPs, I misread the auction. I thought that was 3 copies selling for $19.99, not one...ok, so I posted sales of $20-$26 raw on that book. I guess that sounds good for a 2008 book with a big print-run.

Random question:

I don't get to too many shows so all I see are the prices at LCS's, on web-shops, and ebay... is Uncanny X Force #4 still really a $20+ book? If so, why? Print run really isn't low, and the whole "kid Apocalypse death" thing didn't stick, so what gives?

Edited by BishopT

you may be right

i just thought its curious with so many Harley Quinn collectors that demand might grow for this book once more become aware of it.

Man you are a huckster. You have the book so pumped up on eBay for 19.99 and everyone else has it for 3 bucks.

Thanks for making us aware.

I agree you want to be taken seriously here, but you continue to pump your own books and run a speculator site.

you may be right

i just thought its curious with so many Harley Quinn collectors that demand might grow for this book once more become aware of it.

Man you are a huckster. You have the book so pumped up on eBay for 19.99 and everyone else has it for 3 bucks.

Thanks for making us aware.

I agree you want to be taken seriously here, but you continue to pump your own books and run a speculator site.

Apparently the site is now a paid subscription site... :insane:

i think the objection was to the perceived attempt to pump a book without any evidence that anyone else in the market is interested. if the "offending" post had some links to $10-$15+ sales of said issue i think an accusatory objection would have been unwarranted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOWHERE-MEN-1-FIRST-PRINT-2012-IMAGE-NICE-/181872359151?hash=item2a586ff6ef:g:9gUAAOSw37tV-V3C

internet Nazis ticked off ES and he lost his mojo.

Random question:

I don't get to too many shows so all I see are the prices at LCS's, on web-shops, and ebay... is Uncanny X Force #4 still really a $20+ book? If so, why? Print run really isn't low, and the whole "kid Apocalypse death" thing didn't stick, so what gives?

Remender is what gave. Part four of that story just was a hit. Killing Apocalypse has stuck, as the kid is Genesis and part of the All New X-Men.

Print run was lower than the rest of the story.

52,398 for issue #1

56,518 for issue #2

55,520 for Issue #3

51,381 for issue #4

internet Nazis ticked off ES and he lost his mojo.

nah he just forgot the customer (even the speculator) is always right. I know such an old fashioned capitalist approach but it still is true. He forgot that. 2c

thanks

briefly, yes. punisher 2099 1 sold a lot of copies. was it ever more than a $5 back issue? probably not.

i collect the ashley wood GR 2099s, but that's because i am weird like that.

I think the reason Punisher 1 sold a lot of copies was due to rampant speculation. It's not like the 2099 version was a known quantity. Punisher was hot, so people figured a new version of him would be hot and bought a lot. I don't remember hearing any buzz about the quality of the book. Point is, pumping out a new character that happens to have the same name as a popular character really only matters in the long run if there's quality to back it up.